Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

Default Anechoic Recordings

Scott Dorsey: Oct 07 10:16AM -0400

Wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eZGsEu0VDiE

Thank you, Scott. Interesting comment about recording anechoically... I found and listened to my Denon "Anechoic Orchestral Music Recording" CD through speakers. We forget....

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Klay Anderson" wrote in message

Interesting comment about recording anechoically... I found and
listened to my Denon "Anechoic Orchestral Music Recording" CD
through speakers. We forget...

It's still available. I bought mine many years ago when it was affordable.
Haven't listened to it in a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-Anechoic...denon+anechoic

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
web.com...

I have a Technics/Panasonic LP that also contains anechoic recordings
of a couple of instruments. They all sound plain wrong. I think the
concept is seriously flawed because the way the instruments produce
their sound is neglected.

As Spock would say... "You state the obvious." Musical instruments do not have
evenly omnidirectional output at all frequencies. Their sound in a
non-absorbent room must necessarily differ from what's heard in an anechoic
chamber.

The booklet for the Denon CD states that the disk permits judgment of the
character and effectiveness of reverberation -- natural or artificial. As this
is something the average listener isn't much interested in or involved with,
it's no surprise few of us have copies. (I bought mine at the SCES.) I assume
Denon is still selling from its stock of the 1988 initial pressing.

There is one use "practical" use I can think of. A dead recording /might/ help
you get a handle on what's good and bad about a listening room's acoustics.

anechoic-ish room and ear fatigue cporro Pro Audio 17 April 4th 10 11:58 PM
Anechoic chambers, cheaper by the au pair Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 0 April 8th 06 03:42 PM
Anechoic chamber question Animix Pro Audio 7 January 30th 05 11:29 PM
Anechoic chambers gmc Pro Audio 38 October 11th 04 12:17 PM
Alternative to testing a speakers frequency response besides anechoic chamber mark Pro Audio 58 May 18th 04 04:13 PM