Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Howard Stone Howard Stone is offline

Default Ways to make speakers go anywhere.

They boom if I put them in corners or low down, the most intolerable negati=
ve consequence is bass boom.=20

I have a pair of JR 149s, which I love. Jim Rogers made wall brackets for t=
hem and I have a pair. I found a good spot for these speakers, basically ei=
ther side of a central heating radiator, on the wall, too of the speakers a=
bout 2=E2=80=99 from the floor, but no, the boomed.=20

Similar experience with another pair of speakers I like, Mission 770. I wan=
ted to put one of them stuffed right into a corner, on proper stands this t=
ime. But they boomed.=20

And with my Spendor SP1s the problem was slightly different when I stuffed =
one of them into a tight corner. It wasn=E2=80=99t that they boomed, it was=
that the sound became lifeless, the image became =E2=80=9Cdead=E2=80=9D, =
=E2=80=9Cflat=E2=80=9D