Gary

Default Humming Sounds From Speakers just keeps getting louder?

I have a surround sound system. Kenwood receiver, bose speakers, dvd
player, etc. My dad also has one, but with different components.
Nothing real complicated. We both have noticed that our speakers are
suddenly making a humming or buzzing sound. On mine it is when the
volume is turned up on the receiver, but not too high. My Dad's just
does it as soon as you turn the receiver on even if you are watching
regular tv. It is rather loud. What causes the sound to just start
to get louder and louder? How do I get rid of it?

Gary
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Get rid of the whole crap.Surround really sucks.Get a decent stereo system.

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
Analogue technology rules-digital sucks
I have a surround sound system. Kenwood receiver, bose speakers, dvd
player, etc. My dad also has one, but with different components.
Nothing real complicated. We both have noticed that our speakers are
suddenly making a humming or buzzing sound. On mine it is when the
volume is turned up on the receiver, but not too high. My Dad's just
does it as soon as you turn the receiver on even if you are watching
regular tv. It is rather loud. What causes the sound to just start
to get louder and louder? How do I get rid of it?

Gary

Pasi N

Gary wrote:
I have a surround sound system. Kenwood receiver, bose speakers, dvd
player, etc. My dad also has one, but with different components.
Nothing real complicated. We both have noticed that our speakers are
suddenly making a humming or buzzing sound. On mine it is when the
volume is turned up on the receiver, but not too high. My Dad's just
does it as soon as you turn the receiver on even if you are watching
regular tv. It is rather loud. What causes the sound to just start
to get louder and louder? How do I get rid of it?

Try disconnecting antenna cables. If the humming disappears, it is most
propably caused by ground loop.

Take a look at:
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 04:49 PM
Outdoor Speakers MarkW General 1 May 19th 04 05:42 PM
Newbie Subwoofer questions OodlesoFun General 28 January 12th 04 05:51 PM
do 16 ohm speakers exist? (for home use) General 9 January 7th 04 05:46 AM
Remote speakers? L-pads? Totally confused! Hogarth General 3 July 3rd 03 02:06 PM