Glenn Dowdy

"WillStG" wrote in message

Well Christian theology does agree when you are elected President,

God
wants you in that office based on the Will of the People. And even the
President is entitled to his personal religious beleifs, this is certainly

in
the tradition of our Founding Fathers, of leaders like Washington and

Lincoln.

Lincoln wasn't a Founding Father, and any study of the Founding Fathers will
show that qite a few of them, and especially those who framed the
Constutution, were not Christians.

Glenn D.

Glenn Dowdy

"WillStG" wrote in message

Well Christian theology does agree when you are elected President,

God
wants you in that office based on the Will of the People.

So any effort to kick God's Chosen Prez out like the impeachment of Clinton
can be regarded as heresy?

Glenn D.

George

To make your statement, you would have to say that everything that happens
is the will of God in order to be consistent. If you do that, it makes quite
reasonable sense. But if you're unable to do that (and an awful lot of
Christians don't seem to be able to), you have consistency issues.
--scott

but most people , even die hard christians can't allow that God has
complete control and authority over everything that happens
in effect we have been presented with the God of convience, available to
do our bidding but never held accountable for "all that other stuff"
sounds a lot like something MAN created to further his selfish agendas
George
Bob Cain

George wrote:

but most people , even die hard christians can't allow that God has
complete control and authority over everything that happens
in effect we have been presented with the God of convience, available to
do our bidding but never held accountable for "all that other stuff"
sounds a lot like something MAN created to further his selfish agendas

Glad you qualified that with "most people." There other
interesting alternatives.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
George

Bob Cain wrote:

George wrote:

but most people , even die hard christians can't allow that God has
complete control and authority over everything that happens
in effect we have been presented with the God of convience, available to
do our bidding but never held accountable for "all that other stuff"
sounds a lot like something MAN created to further his selfish agendas

Glad you qualified that with "most people." There other
interesting alternatives.

how could I not
There is a christian lunitic fringe that needs to be allowed for
George
Bob Cain

George wrote:

In article ,
Bob Cain wrote:

George wrote:

but most people , even die hard christians can't allow that God has
complete control and authority over everything that happens
in effect we have been presented with the God of convience, available to
do our bidding but never held accountable for "all that other stuff"
sounds a lot like something MAN created to further his selfish agendas

Glad you qualified that with "most people." There other
interesting alternatives.

how could I not
There is a christian lunitic fringe that needs to be allowed for

Hmmm, that's not the kind of atlternative I was thinking of
but, oh well.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Blind Joni

What I wonder is why we try to minim ize our own evils by pointing to
someone even worse
why can't we use good to bring us into focus
after all we really only have power over our owm actions
doing less evil is not the same as doing good

Nice sentiment but this assumes a sense of personal values consistant with each
person's own. Have you seen evidence of this with your own aquaintances?
I thought not. If these issues are really a personal breakdown for all of us we
would be doing something other than what we are doing. But..as you say..we
can't control ANYONE but ourselves.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Roger W. Norman

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
This is very informative. Just a question ..related to a long discussion I

had
with a friend Sat. night. If these processes...meaning corporations taking

an
increasing role in directing and controlling policy...seems to be a

product of
human nature..as it has happened for centuries..is there really any

surprise
that it is happening and what can be done to change this if enough feel it
should be changed and also believe that it can be done?
This conversation grew out of another discussion of the meaning of
"common sense" with another person.

Good question, John. However, one could look at it two different ways, one
being that it is a natural form that reoccurs as society and systems become
more intricately linked. More requirements for energy, for instance, give
rise to certain political aspects of the energy industry that get some major
input into the policy making process of the government without that same
industry having to take the risks of working these systems out by
themselves. The power grid would be one such example. It will stay
stagnate unless government puts the bucks in, and as government does, it
will be the energy industry that defines the goals, reaps the profits, all
without providing any MORE than what they already are providing. Nice
little packet there.

But the second way it could be looked at is as a slowly matasticizing
cancer, previously thought to have been cut out at the root, only to find it
pops it's ugly head up somewhere else, inviting in the blood of money to
support it's own existence without giving any benefits back and most likely
killing the host because it's a one track system. How not?

My personal view is that we are talking about the latter. Either way, it's
still the same slow agonizing death if it's allowed to maintain itself
whilst eating away at the very system that has allowed it to, no, encouraged
it excelerate it's grasp for more while giving back even less and less in
it's perpetual dance with the emminent death of it's host.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Don Cooper

WillStG wrote:

I didn't really say Lincoln was a Founding Father. I didn't say the
Founders were Christians either. I did say being entitled to personal
religious beliefs was consistent with tradition of the Founders, and leaders
like Washington and Lincoln.

Read Cuomo's new book.