Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Shy Picker[_3_] Shy Picker[_3_] is offline

Default Sony F-99B Stereo Mic

Howdy folks. Since this is my first post to this group maybe I should
give a short introduction.

My name is David Hibbard and I live in Michigan. I played in bands
through the mid 1970's through most of the 80's. Starting out playing
drums, then bass and eventually lead guitar. I quit playing for about
15 years and recently started playing again but just at home and
mostly acoustic guitar. I also have a Mandolin and just acquired a
banjo. And I still have my electric guitars and amp I used back when I
played in those bands.

I also started putting together a small recording studio in a spare
bedroom. So far I have a couple of Excel EXM90 Mics that I run through
an Alesis Mujltimix 8 USB Mixer. I run that into a Compaq computer
that has a dual core processor, 4 GB ram and 500 GB HD. I am still
using/learning Cubase LE that came with the mixer.

I was helping my sister-in-law go through her dad's estate and found
this mic. Looks like it has never been out of the case. Wondering if
this would be a good mic to add to my home recording studio. Have any
of you folks had any experience with this model of mic?

David