Andy Evans

Default For Sale - 36 tested 6Y6G tubes - good price!

Following change of plans, I have 36 tested 6Y6G tubes - easy to match
up into pairs or quads - test results written on the boxes. I want 100
euros for the lot. That's =A370 GBP or $130 USD. Postage extra. These
are very low distortion tubes, same base as 6V6G or 6L6. Here are some
comments from users:

"I think the 6Y6 is one of the most overlooked audio power tubes.
Their distortion characteristics are far superior to the 6V6, or 6L6
types. As a bonus, they are in their element at commonly available B+
voltage. My recommendation would be the 6Y6 in UL, no contest."

"A real sleeper is the 6Y6 in UL (@275 volts). In UL they are
substantially lower distortion than any of the smaller pentodes. Also,
they produce lower distortion at higher plate loads - 6,6K - than
recommended by Acrosound 3.5K, but at somewhat reduced power levels.
DIYers, if you need 8 or 10 really clean watts on a budget, the 6Y6 in
UL PP with 5K or 6.6K OPT is the way to go"

"The Acrosound brochure has a schematic using the 6Y6 in UL which
specifies a B+ of 280 volts. Power output is 18 watts at what the
Acrosound engineers call vanishingly low distortion. The plate load is
3,500 ohms. The Acro TO-320 transformer is specified for this service.
That design uses the cross-coupled phase inverter. The 1955 Acrosound
brochure loved the 6Y6 in UL"

Andy Evans

I forgot to say that I can also sell these in matched pairs, quads or
whatever your needs are. Andy