Chris Shenton

Default Outlaw Audio's 1U 200W mono amps ($300)?

Outlaw has a 1U form factor mono amp serving 200W for a reasonable $300.

http://outlawaudio.com/products/200.html

Any opinions? I'm only looking for 2-channel audio right now.

For reference, I'm interested in this powering VMPS RM2, JM Labs 926
or Maggie 1.6QR speakers (still undecided). I've auditioned these
speakers on a variety of amps in stores, starting with the $3000 Ayre
integrated, and going up to some behemoth Pass monoblocs -- all orders
of magnitude more pricey than the Outlaw amps above.

Just wondering "if it seems too good to be true, then..."

Thanks.
Philip Meech

There is a Hafler 9500 with no fan and a Mackie M800 without fan worth
looking at.
Are you setting up a dual mono or a stereo amp configuration?

Chris Shenton wrote:
Outlaw has a 1U form factor mono amp serving 200W for a reasonable $300.

http://outlawaudio.com/products/200.html

Any opinions? I'm only looking for 2-channel audio right now.

For reference, I'm interested in this powering VMPS RM2, JM Labs 926
or Maggie 1.6QR speakers (still undecided). I've auditioned these
speakers on a variety of amps in stores, starting with the $3000 Ayre
integrated, and going up to some behemoth Pass monoblocs -- all orders
of magnitude more pricey than the Outlaw amps above.

Just wondering "if it seems too good to be true, then..."

Thanks.

Bascom King

Hello - I reviewed these amps in The Audiophile Voice some 4-6 issues ago.
I found them to be pretty good sounding and measuring amps. This
evaluated on a pair of B&W 801 III speakers. How they would fare on my
much more revealing and amplifier fussy Genesis 6.1 speakers, I don't
know.

Bascom H. King

--
Best regards,