Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default 100V/100uFd -- $34 clams/each, bought 4 -- BGs

Wink wrote:
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

Sounds like an ad for a tampon

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Wink Wink is offline

These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

I shall report back the forthcoming miracles.
Dave
Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:07:49 -0500, Wink wrote:
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

Somebody sold you a set of pillows. They won't work as capacitors.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

"Wink" wrote in message
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

I shall report back the forthcoming miracles.

**Real clever reducing the value of decoupling caps.

NOT!

Trevor Wilson

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Wink" wrote in message
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

I shall report back the forthcoming miracles.
Dave

How is it you've avoided a usenet kook nomination?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

"Wink" wrote in message
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

I shall report back the forthcoming miracles.
Dave

How is it you've avoided a usenet kook nomination?

I think he's trolling. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Wink" wrote in message

I've got the Behr DCX and DEQ 2496 and they're damned
clean. I'm lookin at the Parts Express catalog right now.
What should I get?

What do you need?

I'll part out the stupid monoblocks, Audiogonize the
Clayton and throw the money at speakers and a DAC. What
should I get? I've long thought about Maggies, though
dipoles don't work in our living room too well.

Last really neat system I heard used a bunch of Behringer B2031A for the
upper range, and 4 units of this 15" subwoofer, floor mounted, for the bass:

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

They were driven by the 4 EP2500s.

DCX 2496 crossovers were used to cross them over to the B2031A array.

I need a stinking DAC. I had a Benchmark DAC1 but
thought it was too sterile, gobs of clarity though. But
that was before my re-education. That thing's well made,
like a little jewel.

What's wrong with using the digital input on either the DCX or DEQ? It's in
the signal path, regardless.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Wink Wink is offline

"Wink" wrote in message
These will replace 100V/470 uFd onboard de-coupling cans.

They're black, with beautiful gold printing:
"Rubycon
Black Gate FK
100V 100 uF"

They have a silky, plush feel.

I shall report back the forthcoming miracles.
Dave

How is it you've avoided a usenet kook nomination?

I think he's trolling. :-(

Just a fun post Arny. I ordered these long before you guys set me
straight. I'm looking at Behringer or QSC now. Dayton has new 100 w
monoblocks for 140 bucks. I've read other sources saying the Behr is
indeed a QSC clone.

That test with the OTL1 and pioneer(?) receiver and others was
incredible.

I've got a pair of $130 Panasonic XR10 receivers that are about as
good as anything I've had in house, including the Pass X250.5 and Ayre
V5x.
(A tad sterile though....ooops)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Wink Wink is offline

I've got the Behr DCX and DEQ 2496 and they're damned clean. I'm
lookin at the Parts Express catalog right now. What should I get?

I'll part out the stupid monoblocks, Audiogonize the Clayton and
throw the money at speakers and a DAC. What should I get? I've long
thought about Maggies, though dipoles don't work in our living room
too well.

I need a stinking DAC. I had a Benchmark DAC1 but thought it was too
sterile, gobs of clarity though. But that was before my re-education.
That thing's well made, like a little jewel.

Dick Olsher doesn't like Scott Nixon's stuff, which means it must be
excellent.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Wink Wink is offline

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:57:02 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Wink" wrote in message

I've got the Behr DCX and DEQ 2496 and they're damned
clean. I'm lookin at the Parts Express catalog right now.
What should I get?

What do you need?

A stereo amp. 100 watts is plenty. I've been using 50 watts with my
84 db speakers. (By the way, I'm not trooling in the below posts. The
test described by Coppola is damning -- a receiver vs the OTL1.
Amazing.)

I'll part out the stupid monoblocks, Audiogonize the
Clayton and throw the money at speakers and a DAC. What
should I get? I've long thought about Maggies, though
dipoles don't work in our living room too well.

Last really neat system I heard used a bunch of Behringer B2031A for the
upper range, and 4 units of this 15" subwoofer, floor mounted, for the bass:

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

They were driven by the 4 EP2500s.

DCX 2496 crossovers were used to cross them over to the B2031A array.

Mmmm..."Fi", not heard of these. Good units I assume. Subs reflex
loaded? I've got 6 - TC sounds TC2+ 12s, and 2 - Avalanche 15s
sitting in boxes. These were intended for various projects. I used
the TC2+ in dipole subs, eqed and crossed with the Behringer pieces.
Good results but only really useable with dipole speakers. They work
with my DIY ESLs, but modulate the diaphragms like mad.

I've thought of stereo subs - 2 boxes. each sealed with 2 - TC2+ per
cabinet for compound loading. I've had very good luck with Isobarics
in the past. Excellent weight and power even with cheapo drivers.
Plenty of eq and watts may do it.

I"m actually using our fireplace as a sub enclosure. It now has 2 -
10" Orion auto subs but is essentially a rumble machine. Sounds great
on Saving Private Ryan, for example. Music --- forget it. I've thought
about stuffing those AVA 15s in there.

The fireplace and chimney are effectively 15' long. Combined with a
healthy 40 hz room mode, you can guess the result. I've thought about
stuffing the fireplace/chimney. Possible, not practical, but if made
to work it could be a hell of a T-line. The total volume and config
are such that it doesn't behave like an IB, which is what I was sort
of hoping for.

I need a stinking DAC. I had a Benchmark DAC1 but
thought it was too sterile, gobs of clarity though. But
that was before my re-education. That thing's well made,
like a little jewel.

What's wrong with using the digital input on either the DCX or DEQ? It's in
the signal path, regardless.

Oh boy ... several problems. I've done this. The DEQ has optical SPDIF
inputs which I've used with a Sony DVD player. It works, but clips on
some CDs -- probably most CDs. The Pro-sound vs consumer product
interface schism.

Also, even set to minimum levels, the output of the DEQ or DCX is
excessive for home stereo amps with typical sensitivities. This can be
cured with an attenuator. I THINK, without sonic degradation.

The there is lack of remote control. I've got to have remote control
for at least volume and balance. There are solutions for this.

The possibly insurmountable problem is our Comcast service. The newer
boxes spdif output is permanently locked to Dolby 5.1, which the Behr
stuff won't accept, as you can imagine. This could be disabled on
older models, providing PCM output. No longer.
Motorola tells me the capability exists in the new boxes -- newest
being the DCH 3416 (POS), but that Comcast has elected to make this
option unaccessible to the home consumer.

Who knows why? Comcast is a monster corporation.

A good home theater processor would solve a bunch of problems. I've
heard some very good pioneer receivers with excellent amps in them.
Pricey for the nicer ones.

Finally, the Delta Summit purchase is true. If I keep them, my audio
budget is exhausted for the rest of my life. Unless spectacular,
they'll probably end up being returned in which case I'm out ~ 400
bucks shipping. Not catastrophic, not insignificant. I constructed
that post with mirth in mind. Not meant to be troolish.

I've started reading Doug Self's material. Wow -- this guy has a fine
mind, to say the least.

Finally, regarding the Coppola test: There is one exercise I'd like
to see included. Impractical for obvious reasons, but send each
participant home with an OTL1 and the receiver. See which one they
return after a year of living with both. We assume the appearance,
heat output and power(energy) consumption of the OTL1 are not
factors.

I visited your site. Helpful with some speaker cable experiments I've
been doing.
Dave
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:

"Wink" wrote in message

I need a stinking DAC. I had a Benchmark DAC1 but
thought it was too sterile, gobs of clarity though. But
that was before my re-education. That thing's well made,
like a little jewel.

What's wrong with using the digital input on either the
DCX or DEQ? It's in the signal path, regardless.

Oh boy ... several problems. I've done this. The DEQ has
optical SPDIF inputs which I've used with a Sony DVD
player. It works, but clips on some CDs -- probably most
CDs. The Pro-sound vs consumer product interface schism.

It is technically impossible for a digital input to clip that severely.

Also, even set to minimum levels, the output of the DEQ
or DCX is excessive for home stereo amps with typical
sensitivities. This can be cured with an attenuator. I
THINK, without sonic degradation.

Pro audio power amps have about the same input sensitivity as consumer
amps. This is one point where there is very little possibility of a serious
mismatch. If anything, pro amps are more sensitive when driven by a balanced
source.

The there is lack of remote control. I've got to have
remote control for at least volume and balance. There
are solutions for this.

One of which is to simpy put the volume control at the prime listening
location.

The possibly insurmountable problem is our Comcast
service. The newer boxes spdif output is permanently
locked to Dolby 5.1, which the Behr stuff won't accept,
as you can imagine.

Tht puts you in the position of needing a Dolby Digital decoder, regardless.

A good home theater processor would solve a bunch of
problems. I've heard some very good pioneer receivers
with excellent amps in them. Pricey for the nicer ones.

Last time a friend had that problem, he ended up with the Outlaw HT
processor.