Posted to rec.audio.car
Boris Boris is offline

Default XM Vs. SIRIUS

I am a XM subscriber listening to XM in my car through a cassette
adaptor. The sound quality is great. I tried SIRIUS using the same
cassette adaptor and the sound quality was not as good as that of XM.
Is this a common experience?? I would like to read about your
experience with XM/SIRIUS.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ed White Ed White is offline

Boris wrote:
I am a XM subscriber listening to XM in my car through a cassette
adaptor. The sound quality is great. I tried SIRIUS using the same
cassette adaptor and the sound quality was not as good as that of XM.
Is this a common experience?? I would like to read about your
experience with XM/SIRIUS.

For a couple of years I had both XM and Sirius (in different vehicels).
I couldn't tell any difference in the sound quality. However, I mostly
listen to "talking" programs (NPR, NFL, ESPN, Comendy) and decided
Sirius had a better mix of programing, so I have now dropped XM and
moved to Sirius in all my vehicles. Prehaps part of your problem was
the receiver. The Ford optional Sisrius receiver in my Thunderbird has
better sound quality than the add-on Sirrius receiver I have in another
car (but I use the FM covertor feature in that car). I have read that
in theory XM has better qality, but I for the music channels I listen
to, I haven't been able to detect a significant difference.

Ed