Posted to rec.audio.car
mock-schmock mock-schmock is offline

Default Decoding car stereos

I have a W reg Volvo S40 and I had a new Cat & Air Mass Meter (?)
installed which must have involved disconnecting the battery for a
substantial time, because when it came back from the garage, the stereo
wanted me to input a code which I don't know.
I've heard that you can freeze stereos overnight to disable this
security feature, but I'm concerned this may also damage the stereo
itself.
Can anyone confirm whether a) the freezer does remove the code and b)
the freezer won't kill the stereo?

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

forget the freezer idea, completely, on all counts, contact a volvo
dealer and they will help you with this. You should have gotten
instructions with your vehicle as to solving this, but that does not
always happen. You needed to disconnect the battery, if they ask
(although it's not really their business), say you wanted to
pre-emptively replace it...happens all the time. You shouldn't have a
problem, although you may need some numbers from the vehicle or cd
player.

--
John

Decoding .PAC Files Dark Horizon Tech 0 January 25th 06 04:02 AM
RDS capable stereos John Car Audio 8 August 3rd 05 10:06 PM
car stereos with hard drives? Tully Car Audio 2 June 6th 04 11:01 AM
M-S decoding Willie K.Yee, M.D. Pro Audio 8 May 19th 04 05:07 AM
M-S decoding Willie K.Yee, M.D. Pro Audio 0 May 18th 04 10:17 PM