Posted to rec.audio.car
Brian Parker Brian Parker is offline

Default 2004 Ford Thunderbird :: Subwoofer replacement

I've replaced the rear and door speakers in my 2004 Thunderbird and would now like to install a
decent sub and amp to run the sub. I'm not looking to rattle the neighbor's speakers, I just want
something a higher quality than what I currently have.

From the little information I can find, the car actually has 2 "subs" in it already. If what I
read is correct, they are cheapo regular speakers with cheapo amps that are just being fed the lower
frequency signals.

I've talked to several local car audio specialty shops and none have any experience with the newer
TBirds so I'm hoping someone in here will have messed with the subs in this car and can give me
advice as to what would be good as a replacement for the stock "subs." Ease of installation is a
priority - I'd like to do the installation myself.

Any intelligent information is appreciated.
-BEP