Posted to rec.audio.car
Bjørnar Bjørnar is offline

Default Pioneer DEH-P880PRS Europe vs US

Hi!

I have a question about the freq steps on the FM band on the Pioneer
DEH-P880PRS bought in US (Ebay, Indo Audio)

I live in Norway and here all radiostations is using the FM band and
they use 2 digits f.ex 90.10Mhz , 90,15Mhz, 90,20Mhz all the way from
87.5Mhz-108Mhz.

I had a car radio bought in USA once and i could not listen to all
stations because it had bigger steps on the FM band, like 90.10Mhz and
the next was 90.30Mhz or maybe it was 90.00Mhz and the next step was
90.20Mhz, cant really remember. Anyway,i was missing some stations using
freq between the steps on my radio.

So my question is: Can anybody tell me what steps the FM scanner on the
Pioneer DEH-P880PRS sold in USA is using? And if it got RDS?

Can the steps be changed holding holding a button while turning it on (i
think some old Pioneer models had it)

Is there a US model and a Europe model or is it all the same these days.

I asked Indo Audio but they could not answer.

Here in Norway i must pay 600-700$ for it and on Ebay i can get it home
for 330$ (269$+61$ S&H)

Thanx