Gordon

Default Info: Door lock experience

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post my experience up with aftermarket door locks --
I sure wish someone told me this previous to my install two years ago:

My integra was a base model -- no door locks. So I proceeded to
purchase the square cube style door lock actuators from
partsexpress.com. They were they only place I could find them. (The
square ones claim to fit the imports and I had an import ... )

After the install (which is a pain in the integra), the door lock
actuators proceeded to go out for various reasons after a year or so
-- at different times of course. 3 actuators later (stupid me, just
turned the other cheek for more and bought more from partsexpress) I
had enough.

After another 3 hour install last night, I bought harada style (with
actuator clutch) actuators. MUCH better. We'll see how things go
reliability-wise, but man do these door locks do the job faster, and
quieter. Build quality appears to be much better as well. Although
Harada America (After market division) is now out of business ... you
can still pick up the actuators (no harada markings but exactly the
same) at www.audiooutfitters.com (Never dealt with them previous to
this, but I got the actuators quick).

Hope that helps someone.

Gordon