Posted to rec.audio.misc
Bram Bram is offline

Default Break-in time for In-ear-headphones?

I just ordered myself a pair of V-Moda Vibe in-ear headphones. These
use dynamic drivers rather than armatures and as a result they need to
be burned in for a while to really shine.

How long does this usually take for headphones? A couple of hours, a
night, a few days?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On 23 Apr 2007 02:40:01 -0700, Bram wrote:

I just ordered myself a pair of V-Moda Vibe in-ear headphones. These
use dynamic drivers rather than armatures and as a result they need to
be burned in for a while to really shine.

How long does this usually take for headphones? A couple of hours, a
night, a few days?

A hundred hours or so of mixed program material or pink noise at high
levels but, for greatest effect, they must be on your ears for this.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Kalman Rubinson wrote:

Bram wrote:

I just ordered myself a pair of V-Moda Vibe in-ear headphones. These
use dynamic drivers rather than armatures and as a result they need to
be burned in for a while to really shine.

How long does this usually take for headphones? A couple of hours, a
night, a few days?

A hundred hours or so of mixed program material or pink noise at high
levels but, for greatest effect, they must be on your ears for this.

LOL !

Don't forget to burn in the cables too. His email addy is @ mindless.com too.
Too funny.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.misc
No Name

About 5 seconds. Your ears/brain connection
will do any actual "break-in". That won't
take long, either.

B- [23 Apr 2007 02:40:01 -0700]:

--
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iplay.40th.com iPlay advanced audio player
Posted to rec.audio.misc
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Bram wrote:
I just ordered myself a pair of V-Moda Vibe in-ear headphones. These
use dynamic drivers rather than armatures and as a result they need to
be burned in for a while to really shine.

How long does this usually take for headphones? A couple of hours, a
night, a few days?

Construct an male Edison to female 2.5 mm phone adapter (assuming you're
in the U.S...substitute if not). Plug earbuds to adapter. Plug adapter
into mains.

Breakin will happen instantaneously.

jak

Posted to rec.audio.misc
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

On 23 Apr 2007 02:40:01 -0700, Bram wrote:

I just ordered myself a pair of V-Moda Vibe in-ear headphones. These
use dynamic drivers rather than armatures and as a result they need to
be burned in for a while to really shine.

You've been reading too much baseless marketing gobblegook.

Dynamic headphones have been around since the 30's and there is no
mechanical loosening over time. I would expect any "burnin" to be
completed within a few milliseconds. The rest is placebo effect and
earwax accumulation.

Usually the phrase "dynamic headphones" is only used to differentiate
from piezo or electrostatic elements and pretty much means any headphones
that use a voice coil in a magnetic field and that includes pretty much
everything nowadays down to the 75 cent head phones handed out by jetblue.
Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

AZ Nomad wrote:
: You've been reading too much baseless marketing gobblegook.

I've always figured that "burn in" was a clever way for a
salesperson to hold off a return from a disatisfied customer
to beyond the return deadline.