Posted to rec.audio.tech
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Digital TV won't play through RF headphones

This has been going on for TWO years!!!

I have bad hearing. Need "proximity effect" of high quality RF headphones.
Bought Sennheiser.

Panasonic Viera will not play through the$e headphone$!

TV has no analog outputs; tons of inputs but no way to connect headphones.

Can't turn up sound because of other people.

Really desperate; am "watching" with captions which not all channels offer, and in any case this is not ideal way to go.

Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

Your advice earnestly solicited.

Higgs Boson

Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

On 5/06/2015 4:52 p.m., Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
This has been going on for TWO years!!!

I have bad hearing. Need "proximity effect" of high quality RF headphones.
Bought Sennheiser.

Panasonic Viera will not play through the$e headphone$!

TV has no analog outputs; tons of inputs but no way to connect headphones.

Can't turn up sound because of other people.

Really desperate; am "watching" with captions which not all channels offer, and in any case this is not ideal way to go.

Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

Your advice earnestly solicited.

Higgs Boson

What - two years and your analogue-output-less TV hasn't grown analogue
outputs ?!! Maybe you should get a TV with analogue outputs !

Not even a little 3.5mm headphone jack hidden away somewhere ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen[_5_] UnsteadyKen[_5_] is offline

In article:

Hypatia Nachshon says...

Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

All the Sennheiser wireless senders I've looked at online require that
the audio to be transmitted should be input via a 3.5mm stereo mini
jack,
(A google search will show you what they look like.

If your TV does not have a matching 3.5mm headphone output then it will
surely have a digital audio Toslink Optical output.

If it does then you require a suitable Digital to Analog converter
similar to this example:
http://www.amazon.com/PETDTAT-Digita...cal-Converter-
Adapter/dp/B003O509PY

This would connect to the Toslink output on your TV using an optical
cable and then the LR output from the converter would connect to the
Sennheiser wireless sender using a 3.5mm to RCA phono cable like this
example from Ebay Uk: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351117589422

Total cost should be less than 15 Yankee bucks.

Of course if your TV does not have an optical output either then you
are up the proverbial:-(

--
Ken O'Meara

List of UK hi-fi & audio dealers:
http://unsteadyken.esy.es/
Posted to rec.audio.tech

I knew this would happen... Analog outputs, even headphone
jacks, are becoming scarcer than hens' teeth!
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Trevor: What's a "PVR"?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

On 7/06/2015 12:48 a.m., wrote:
Trevor: What's a "PVR"?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PVR

Take your pick - should be clear which.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.tech

No geoff, be nice for once and
just SPELL IT OUT. Do unto
someone else what you would
want done to you.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/06/2015 6:15 a.m., wrote:
No geoff, be nice for once and
just SPELL IT OUT. Do unto
someone else what you would
want done to you.

Clearly you missed the implied smilie.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 6/06/2015 10:48 PM, wrote:
Trevor: What's a "PVR"?

PVR = Personal Video Recorder, or DVR = Digital Video Recorder.
What term do you use?

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Trevor: I know DVR. I tend to call things by what they
actually ARE. Not by category or acronyms. Straight-
forward. ENGLISH.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
None None is offline

k-rissie the k-retin @ dumb****.shortbus.edu wrote in message
Trevor: I know DVR. I tend to call things by what they
actually ARE. Not by category or acronyms. Straight-
forward. ENGLISH.

Krissie Kretin has trouble with anything that's not written at a
simpleton dumb**** reading level. He whines when he can't understand,
which means he spends most of his time whining.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/06/2015 10:44 p.m., wrote:
Trevor: I know DVR. I tend to call things by what they
actually ARE. Not by category or acronyms. Straight-
forward. ENGLISH.

I suppose you used to watch videos on Video Home System ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Geoff: VHS
No need to be smart about it.