Lionel

Default An other important question for ScottW "the Môron".

Hey Scott, when will your son leave for Iraq ?
ScottW

Lionel wrote:
Hey Scott, when will your son leave for Iraq ?

That would be up to him when the time comes. Are your girls wearing
burkhas yet?

Make sure they dress appropriately when driving your car... or can
women in France still drive?

ScottW

Lionel

In .com, ScottW wrote :

Lionel wrote:
Hey Scott, when will your son leave for Iraq ?

That would be up to him when the time comes.

Are you telling us that you will not obliged him to go in Iraq ?
Are you telling us that you will continue to pay for food and study for a
renegate who doesn't want to die for his patry ?

What about his "patriotic duties" ?
Is he coaching the cheeleaders of your basket team ?

Scott, I cannot believe that you will let the defense of the american honor
to negros, dagos and other green-card hunters !!!

Scott you are regularly mocking the 150000 frenchs sacrified during the
WWII. Don't tell me that you are not ready to sacrify your son ?

I'm sure that Mrs ScottW will be very happy to knit him some wool socks for
the Iraqi winter.
If he stupidly dies in an ambush I'm sure that you will be very proud to put
is photo on the TV just along the letter of G.W. Bush.
Imagine, a hero in your family !!!
In a first time all your friends and neighbourhood will assist to your
commemorative barbecues... You will be a kind of star in your district you
know.

Scott you are our RAO war apologist. After all the viril speechs you have
written, I bet that everybody will be agree that it is your *patriotic*
duty to oblige your son to go in Iraq for *fighting* purpose.

My best wishes to him.

Sander deWaal

Lionel said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
George M. Middius

Sander deWaal said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Another thought is that since Lionel's pidgin English is as fractured as
Humpty-Dumpty, the comical aspects of trying to decipher his gibbering
overwhelms the intended malice. It's like watching Limp Spaghetti Man try
to pin the Incredible Hulk to the mat.

Lionel

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Sander, let me tell you something now : even if Bush army was invading
France I would *never* be sorry/worry of what I have written.

This comfortable son of bitch is regularly mocking the memories of all the
French people who have sacrified their life for the democracy during the
WWII and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

We live only once, Sander.

Just a though...

Lionel

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Sander, let me tell you something now : even if Bush army was invading
France I would *never* be sorry/worry of what I have written.

This comfortable son of bitch is regularly mocking the memories of all the
French people who have sacrified their life for the democracy during the
WWII and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

Unlike the cats we live only once, Sander.

Just a though... ;-)

Lionel

In , George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote :

Sander deWaal said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Another thought is that since Lionel's pidgin English is as fractured as
Humpty-Dumpty, the comical aspects of trying to decipher his gibbering
overwhelms the intended malice. It's like watching Limp Spaghetti Man try
to pin the Incredible Hulk to the mat.

Funny, it seems that George is jealous.
He hardly wants to belong to the group of people who can give me some
reasons of regretting the posts that I have posted.
Poor George and his incurable narcissism... ;-)

ScottW

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Sander, let me tell you something now : even if Bush army was invading
France I would *never* be sorry/worry of what I have written.

This comfortable son of bitch is regularly mocking the memories of all the
French people who have sacrified their life for the democracy during the
WWII

I remember you whining that not enough Americans gave their life to
give you your life. You are an insolent dog with the audacity to complain
that more Americans should have died to save French.

and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

Its his life dumbass. How sick are you who thinks his children
must atone for him?

We live only once, Sander.

That includes our children.

ScottW

Robert Morein

"Lionel" wrote in message
In .com, ScottW wrote :

Lionel wrote:
Hey Scott, when will your son leave for Iraq ?

That would be up to him when the time comes.

Are you telling us that you will not obliged him to go in Iraq ?

Lionel, I just want to point out afew facts.
1. Nobody is obliged to join the military in the U.S. Therefore, nobody is
obliged to go to Iraq. However, unlike the EU, our army is not preoccupied
with domestic violence.
2. I understand that the U.S. appears to Europeans to have excessive
patriotism of the "nation-state" form. But there is no social pressure for
people to go fight in Iraq.
3. Dagos? Here that word is a derogatory term for Italian. I do not believe
Italians are overrepresented in Iraq.
4. Mexicans? We only send the good swimmers, ie., "wetbacks".
5. Negros? They volunteer for the educational benefits. Should we take away
that opportunity?
6. We do no knit socks for our soldiers anymore. It's cheaper to buy
Chinese.

The French always have it better. Now they have an Iraq in their own
country, so they don't have to send their boys to foreign countries to fight

Robert Morein

"Lionel" wrote in message
In .com, ScottW wrote :

Lionel wrote:
Hey Scott, when will your son leave for Iraq ?

That would be up to him when the time comes.

Are you telling us that you will not obliged him to go in Iraq ?

Lionel, I just want to point out a few facts.

An erection of the penis occurs when engorgement of venous blood in
two
tubular structures at the bottom of the penis, the corpora cavernosa,
results from a variety of stimuli. The corpus spongiosum is a single
tubular structure located just above the corpora carvernonosa, and
contains the male urethra, through which urine and semen pass during
urination and ejaculation, respectively. This may also become slightly
engorged with blood, but less so than the corpora cavernosa. Penile
erection usually results from sexual stimulation and/or arousal, but
can also occur by such causes as a full urinary bladder or
spontaneously, most commonly during erotic or wet dreams. An erection
results in swelling and enlargement of the penis or the swelling of
the
female counterpart to the penis, clitoris. Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for
all sexual activities.

In addition to sexual arousal, erection in males can be caused by
mechanical stimulation, or by the pressure of the filled urinary
bladder. Erections when waking up are common, most likely due to a
full
bladder. They sometimes already occur in infant boys, and in utero.

Physiologically, an erection is achieved by two mechanisms that play
together: increased inflow of blood into the vessels of erectile
tissue, and decreased outflow. The vessel system involved is known as
the corpara cavernosa and the corpus spongiosum. Muscles in the region
relax, allowing more blood to enter these sponge-like tissues.
Contraction of other muscles reduce the outflow. The enlarged
structure
then exerts pressures on the exit veins, further reducing the outflow.

As blood flows in, the penis stiffens, its girth and length increases,
and it rises to an angle that can vary from below horizontal to almost
vertical.

Certain conditions (e.g. diabetes mellitus) result in erectile
dysfunction, a problem where penile erection is insufficient to
achieve
normal sexual intercourse. In recent years, several drugs have been
developed for treatment of this condition.

If present, the foreskin normally retracts and exposes the glans. The
skin of the scrotum tightens, pulling the testicles in towards the
base
of the penis.

Erection is caused by signals from the parasympathetic nervous system;
it is countered by the sympathetic nervous system which is mainly
responsible for the "fight-or-flight" response. This explains why
under
stressful conditions, an erection is often difficult or impossible to
achieve, and sudden onset of stress can deprive one of erection. The
sympathetic nervous system is also responsible for causing
ejaculation,
which explains why most males lose their erection after ejaculation.

Erections may occur even after death, if the pressure within the penis
increases for some reason, for example due to sinking fluids or the
formation of gases of putrefaction. See google for "death erection".

Lionel

Default ScottW in : "If contradiction kill..." ;-)

ScottW "The Môron" wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

snip comments about Scott's son

Lionel, consider the fact that Google archives everything.
One day, you may feel sorry for what you've said but won't be able to
remove what you wrote.

Just a thought.

Sander, let me tell you something now : even if Bush army was invading
France I would *never* be sorry/worry of what I have written.

This comfortable son of bitch is regularly mocking the memories of all the
French people who have sacrified their life for the democracy during the
WWII

I remember you whining that not enough Americans gave their life to
give you your life. You are an insolent dog with the audacity to complain
that more Americans should have died to save French.

LOL, just stupid answers to your stupid republican sport : "France bashing"

and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

Its his life dumbass.

So you are regularly criticizing, insulting and mocking the French
people who didn't want to go in Iraq but you're quietly telling us that
you would respect the choice of your own son ?

What is a "major treason" from a French citizen becomes a "philosophical
choice" when it comes to your son.
If contradiction kills the dumbass... ;-)

How sick are you who thinks his children
must atone for him?

You are their grand-father, no ? So it will be easy for you to explain
them that it's an honor that their father died for *your* conception of
the sacrifice, for *your* idea of the democracy.

You are a courageous man, Scott, I'm sure you will love that.

We live only once, Sander.

That includes our children.

Come here and tell that to the family of the french soldiers that you
are regularly insulting on RAO, you hypocrite coward.
Lionel

Robert Morein a écrit :

Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for all sexual activities.

You should tell that to GeoGag, perhaps this would save him the cost of
a very expensive psychotherapy. ;-)
Lionel

ScottW "The Môron" wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

[...]

How sick are you who thinks that other people must atone for him ?
Finally your patriotism, your inconditionnal support of war stop at the door
of your house.
You are a barking dog Scottie, just a little sad barking dog.

We live only once, Sander.

That includes our children.

Come here and tell that to the family of the french soldiers that you
are regularly insulting on RAO, you hypocrite coward.

You are a fake Scott. "Sorry for the serious bitchslapping on you, but you
earned it". ;-)
ScottW

Lionel wrote:
ScottW "The Môron" wrote :

I remember you whining that not enough Americans gave their life to
give you your life. You are an insolent dog with the audacity to complain
that more Americans should have died to save French.

LOL, just stupid answers

Nice self awareness Lionel.

to your stupid republican sport : "France bashing"

and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

Its his life dumbass.

So you are regularly criticizing, insulting and mocking the French
people who didn't want to go in Iraq but you're quietly telling us that
you would respect the choice of your own son ?

Show where I have mocked France for refusing to commit soldiers in
Iraq.
I mock France more for its treachery and corruptin in the UN.

What is a "major treason" from a French citizen becomes a "philosophical
choice" when it comes to your son.
If contradiction kills the dumbass... ;-)

Clarity of thought is obviously not your strong suit.

How sick are you who thinks his children
must atone for him?

You are their grand-father, no ? So it will be easy for you to explain
them that it's an honor that their father died for *your* conception of
the sacrifice, for *your* idea of the democracy.

This is even stupider than the stupid **** you apologized for
posting.

ScottW

"Lionel" wrote in message
ScottW "The Môron" wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

[...]

You don't seem to get it Lionel it's not just the Republicans who make fun
of France. There are plenty of people on both sides of the political
spectrum who have had the displeasure of being treated badly by some
arrogant Frenchman. No matter how much you love your country, it's got some
serrious problems most of the economic, that are going to bite you all in
the ass and hard.

and he even cannot guarantee us that his son will die in Iraq for the
same good/bad reason ? Is it what you call justice ?

It's what we call freedom. We don't force people into military service, so
everybody there is there because they joined the military of their own free
will.

Its his life dumbass.

So you are regularly criticizing, insulting and mocking the French people
who didn't want to go in Iraq but you're quietly telling us that you would
respect the choice of your own son ?

We expect our "allies" to support us when we remove a murderous *******.
That seems a fair request. So was asking for permission to use French air
space for the first Iraq war, which IIRC was denied.

What is a "major treason" from a French citizen becomes a "philosophical
choice" when it comes to your son.
If contradiction kills the dumbass... ;-)

How sick are you who thinks his children
must atone for him?

You are their grand-father, no ? So it will be easy for you to explain
them that it's an honor that their father died for *your* conception of
the sacrifice, for *your* idea of the democracy.

We're not all that wild about democracy, that's why this is a Republic that
uses democratic processes.

You are a courageous man, Scott, I'm sure you will love that.

We live only once, Sander.

That includes our children.

Come here and tell that to the family of the french soldiers that you are
regularly insulting on RAO, you hypocrite coward.

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

dave weil

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

We're not all that wild about democracy

Why are you being a Republican mouthpiece here?
Sander deWaal

Lionel said:

Unlike the cats we live only once, Sander.

Yep.
That's why it's so important to get things "right" the first time, you
don't have a second chance :-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Robert Morein

"Lionel" wrote in message
Robert Morein a écrit :

Erection enables sexual
intercourse and other sexual activities, though it is not essential
for all sexual activities.

You should tell that to GeoGag, perhaps this would save him the cost of a
very expensive psychotherapy. ;-)

Lionel, I have a relative who had a friend who was a psychotherapist in
France. Then she emigrated to the U.S., I guess at that time when the U.S.
was still regarded as a very desirable place by many Europeans.

She considered doing psychotherapy here, but concluded that the French and
American psyches were so different, that her training would be useless.

Do you have any insight into the issue? To me, you seem just like one of us

My relative did a little business in France. But first, he had to take a
short lesson on the differences in the personal sphere between French and
American (Anglo?). For example, he was told it was very important to make
eye contact. Also, the French prefer to do business face-to-face. An
American (Anglo too?) would consider this wasted time, perhaps an
imposition. While here, you never show up at someone's office without prior
arrangement, doing so in France can facilitate transactions that go nowhere
by phone.

And how did your wife do in the Marathon?

???

Robert Morein

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
Lionel said:

Unlike the cats we live only once, Sander.

Yep.
That's why it's so important to get things "right" the first time, you
don't have a second chance :-)

I don't consider Lionel's comments to be offensive, when taken in the
context of this group.
This playground has special rules.
And when I think of how bad my French would be, I think it's great that he
works at breaking down the artificial barrier of language.
After all, French is just a *******ized version of English

Robert Morein

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:45:59 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
.. .
Lionel said:

Unlike the cats we live only once, Sander.

Yep.
That's why it's so important to get things "right" the first time, you
don't have a second chance :-)

I don't consider Lionel's comments to be offensive, when taken in the
context of this group.
This playground has special rules.
And when I think of how bad my French would be, I think it's great that he
works at breaking down the artificial barrier of language.
After all, French is just a *******ized version of English

Whoops I meant to say that English is a *******ised version of
French.
Having evolved continously form the 8th century, changing and adding
words after several invasions.The last being about 400 years of French
rule.This gave us many words to do with the legal system.
It also gave us the term "French Lettuce", which is a *******ised
English term to decribe the condom.

This of course brings us to an impotant issue.
[...]

paul packer

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:54:29 +1100, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

This of course brings us to an impotant issue.

"Impotant". Ha! That's funny, whoever wrote it.

paul packer

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

Fair comment.
Robert Morein

wrote:

This of course brings us to an impotant issue.

"Impotant". Ha! That's funny, whoever wrote it.

I can't claim credit for it.
Do you think Bwian intended the pun, or it was Freudian, or purely
accidental?

GeoSynch

Froggy's golden pond turned leaden:

So you are regularly criticizing, insulting and mocking the French people who
didn't want to go in Iraq ...

The French didn't want to jeopardize the Oil-For-Food scam they
had going on with Saddam. Also, the greasy weasels figured that
by not antagonizing the dreaded Muslims, they'd be spared any
terroristic acts within French soil. That's worked out real well.

GeoSynch

Robert Morein

Default Why we went to war in Iraq

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your
asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

Fair comment.

So we're lining up along the Anglo-French divide? Are we THAT different?

In favor of the French:
1. The French helped us in the American Revolution.
2. French cooking is much better.
3. They have Focal, who make the world's best drivers.
4. Nietsche said, "Any culture which is not French is purely a
misunderstanding."

Against the French:
1. Citroen.
2. French jazz.
3. What Americans and the English perceive as a certain moral ambiguity.
They do seem to have a different attitude from the English speaking world.
Britain, the U.S., and Australia are geographically almost impregnable, but
France is not. Accidents in geography are reflected in national outlooks.

I admit to personal frustration with the foreign policy of France, as one of
the most vocal opponents of U.S. strategy, but I could never let it spill
over to individuals. I believe that those of us who forget the lessons of
history are bound to relive them. My focal point is the Munich Pact of 1938.
In fact, I dislike George W. Bush in almost every aspect, except for the
initial invasion of Iraq. I do not excuse the subsequent bungling of the
occupation, which was caused by discarding the Baathist infrastructure,
instead of co-opting it.

The justification has nothing to do with whether there were WMDs in Iraq. We
now know that there were not. Far more important than this were Saddam's
intentions, which he published in the 1980's. Saddam admired Hitler and
Stalin, and proclaimed his intention to follow their example, by
establishment of a totalitarian pan-Arab state. With oil revenues, this
state could havve become the second focus of power in the world. Such a
state, modeled on evil, possessed of all the technological resources that
great wealth could buy, would threaten the entire world with doom.

This is the actual reason we went to war in Iraq. The other reasons were
smoke screens, because the public does not understand historical patterns,
and certainly remembers nothing of Munich 1938. I DO.

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Robert Morein

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:00:02 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

3. They have Focal, who make the world's best drivers.

Ahem. FFocal JM Lab makes some very nice drivers, but a number of
competitors turn out quite better stuff, particularly when it comes to
linearity, distortion or performance/cost.

Whatever. They certainly are one of the shining stars of audio.

Against the French:
1. Citroen.

An acquired taste.

Yes. The Scandinavians eat rotten whale blubber as a snack. It's an acquired
taste.

2. French jazz.

There is no French jazz. There is jazz, and that's it.

There's some kind of European jazz that has been used to score countless
films. It is definitely distinct from any form of American jazz I've ever
heard. It seems to be nothing more than technical noodling, without the
driving spirit of American jazz.

3. What Americans and the English perceive as a certain moral ambiguity.

Do as we say, as our principles are universal. Don't do as we do, as our
actions are usually self-serving.

"Do as I say, not as I do." I hear you, but I would respond with "Those who
do not know the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it."
Whenever people discuss international relations, these are the two arguments
that are always dragged out: morality vs. lessons of history.

Robert Morein

Lionel,
Congratulations. I think you have found your "Arny."
It can be very theraputic, and will save the dog from kicks

"Lionel" wrote in message
ScottW "The Môron" wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message

In , Sander deWaal wrote :

Lionel said:

[...]

paul packer

wrote:

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

Stuff it, you wouldn't have a country at all if we hadn't saved your
asses.
The way your country has shown its gratitude is despicable.

Fair comment.

So we're lining up along the Anglo-French divide? Are we THAT different?

Yep. We're from Earth and they're from Pluto. :-)

In favor of the French:
1. The French helped us in the American Revolution.

To further their own aims, because you were fighting the Brits. They
saw a way of using the colonists to poke the Brits in the eye and
possibly gain a future ally.

(snip insignificances & trivialities)

Against the French:
1. Citroen.
2. French jazz.
3. What Americans and the English perceive as a certain moral ambiguity.

Are you trying to say they're decadent and hedonistic, Robert? Let me
help you: They're decadent and hedonistic. There, that wasn't so hard.

I admit to personal frustration with the foreign policy of France, as one of
the most vocal opponents of U.S. strategy, but I could never let it spill
over to individuals.

Exactly. Take people as you find them, but still dislike the nation.
:-)

I believe that those of us who forget the lessons of
history are bound to relive them. My focal point is the Munich Pact of 1938.

You were there?

In fact, I dislike George W. Bush in almost every aspect, except for the
initial invasion of Iraq. I do not excuse the subsequent bungling of the
occupation, which was caused by discarding the Baathist infrastructure,
instead of co-opting it.

Agreed. The invasion was necessary and long overdue. Everything after
that was a dog's breakfast. Americans have managed to show just how
ugly they can be in Iraq, but then when you send in 18 year old kids
trained on Doom games with heavy metal playing through their headsets
to question and search fundamentalist Muslem families in the dead of
night what do you expect? How many Arab speakers are with the US army
in Iraq? How many are trained in sensitive Arab issues? That's what I
thought. Again, the first thing the US did was disband the Iraqi army,
so that instead of a ready police force to guard institutions and keep
order you had thousands of ex-Iraqi soldiers milling about the streets
in civvies protesting that they had no jobs and no food. First rule of
US Army: make sure that any possible solution becomes the problem
instead.

The justification has nothing to do with whether there were WMDs in Iraq. We
now know that there were not. Far more important than this were Saddam's
intentions, which he published in the 1980's. Saddam admired Hitler and
Stalin, and proclaimed his intention to follow their example, by
establishment of a totalitarian pan-Arab state. With oil revenues, this
state could havve become the second focus of power in the world. Such a
state, modeled on evil, possessed of all the technological resources that
great wealth could buy, would threaten the entire world with doom.

This is the actual reason we went to war in Iraq. The other reasons were
smoke screens, because the public does not understand historical patterns,
and certainly remembers nothing of Munich 1938. I DO.

Agreed. Saddam had to go. He was killing his own people at a rate of
knots and was a general menace as well as a blot on humanity. Get rid
of Saddam=good idea. However, people need more concrete reasons to
risk their sons in a major war; hence the invention of WMDs.

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Yep. Apart from not being able to put two sensible words together, he
has no idea how to co-opt available resources or to get people
on-side, which is often the same thing. I feel sorry for the most
powerful nation on earth being saddled with such a leader. What you
could do with a real statesman!

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:37:50 GMT, wrote:

We're not all that wild about democracy

Why are you being a Republican mouthpiece here?

As I have pointed out many times before, I'm not a Republican. When it
happens that something I say and the GOP says meet, it's only becuase they
happen to have arrived at the same conclusion, I have. That seems to happen
about as mcuh for the GOP as it does for the Democrats, but in different
areas.

I'm not a fan of Democracy as a form of government for the simple fact
thatit turns government into gang warfare, whoever has the biggest gang
wins. That may be fine for somethings, but to insure teh rule of law and to
inure the rights of the individual, a Republic with a Constitution that
spells out rights that are inherent, is a much better system.

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
k.net...
Froggy's golden pond turned leaden:

So you are regularly criticizing, insulting and mocking the French people
who didn't want to go in Iraq ...

The French didn't want to jeopardize the Oil-For-Food scam they
had going on with Saddam. Also, the greasy weasels figured that
by not antagonizing the dreaded Muslims, they'd be spared any
terroristic acts within French soil. That's worked out real well.

I don't think it was the entire country to blame for that just the idiot
running the country.

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:41:40 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

They certainly are one of the shining stars of audio.

Hmmm. I can name at least half a dozen drivers better than any JM Lab
Focal.

Dynaudio, SEAS, Theil &Partner also known as Accuton, Skan Speak, who else?

Skaaning?
Morel? probably not other than some good tweeters they copied from Dynaudio.

Hiquphon?

wrote:

This of course brings us to an impotant issue.

"Impotant". Ha! That's funny, whoever wrote it.

I've always thought this Robert Morein was impotent.

Robert Morein

wrote:

They certainly are one of the shining stars of audio.

Hmmm. I can name at least half a dozen drivers better than any JM Lab Focal.

Oh Yes sorry. I forgot about Dynaudio tweeters sounding better(every
model) and scan speak/vifa making better woofers.
Not to metion audax.

Then again I also thought that Queensland Australia had no highways
and was full of Nigerian fraudsters.

Robert Morein

wrote:

This of course brings us to an impotant issue.

"Impotant". Ha! That's funny, whoever wrote it.

I've always thought this Robert Morein was impotent.

Nonsense ! Didn't you read carefully?.
I wrote " erection in males can be caused by
mechanical stimulation,"...

George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Apart from not being able to put two sensible words together, he
has no idea how to co-opt available resources or to get people
on-side, which is often the same thing. I feel sorry for the most
powerful nation on earth being saddled with such a leader. What you
could do with a real statesman!

Funny you should say that. JFK was such a man, and look what happened to
him. After that, attempts were made to assassinate LBJ, Nixon, Ford,
Carter, Reagan, and (probably) GWBush. We may never again see a
President of FDR's caliber.

George M. Middius

duh-Mikey spazzes out on politics again.

As I have pointed out many times before, I'm not a Republican. When it
happens that something I say and the GOP says meet, it's only becuase they
happen to have arrived at the same conclusion, I have. That seems to happen
about as mcuh for the GOP as it does for the Democrats, but in different
areas.

Mikey, your adoration of Dubya and his merry band of crooks is all the
testimony a liberal needs to be assured that the Democrats are a
thousand times better than the Republicans.

Did you know that, for more than a century, the doctrine of eminent
domain has been the darling of the right wing and their stooges in
legislatures around the country? It's one of the primary tools used by
petty tyrants to line their own pockets and those of their crooked
benefactors who speculate in real estate.

George M. Middius

Mickey tries another flavor of IKYABWAI.

I've always wished this[sic] Robert Morein was impotent.

Why would that be, I wonder?

Robert Morein wrote:

"The justification has nothing to do with whether there were WMDs in
Iraq. We
now know that there were not."

Actually all we know is that have not found them in Iraq. There is a
very real possibility they may have been smuggled out to another
country or countries.

Far more important than this were Saddam's
intentions, which he published in the 1980's. Saddam admired Hitler and

Stalin, and proclaimed his intention to follow their example, by
establishment of a totalitarian pan-Arab state. With oil revenues, this

state could havve become the second focus of power in the world. Such a

state, modeled on evil, possessed of all the technological resources
that
great wealth could buy, would threaten the entire world with doom.

Well said. Nice change.

Too bad you kow so little about good speaker drivers.

wrote:

[...]

I expect fair reporting from our media so that the untrue impression that we
are as ugly as the press would have people believe never sees the light of
day. The ugliness is the exception and not the rule.

[...]

There is still plenty of reason to beleive that he had them but smuggled
them to somewhere else. As late as 1998 there were UN people saying he had
them.

FWIW, I am a social liberal, and I am disgusted by the way George W. Bush
has squandered the good will of so much of the world. Much of this,
unfortunately, is due to the proven incompetence of handling either the
occupation of Iraq, or the rescue of New Orleans.

Simply not true about New Orleans, there were **** ups at every level,
starting with the incompetence of the Mayor who waited to long to call for
evacuations and who didn't use resources he had at his disposal.

Yep. Apart from not being able to put two sensible words together, he
has no idea how to co-opt available resources or to get people
on-side, which is often the same thing.

You don't suppose it has a tiny bit to do with the fact that every thing he
does or tries to do is fought tooth and nail by leftists intent on
destroying him.

I feel sorry for the most
powerful nation on earth being saddled with such a leader. What you
could do with a real statesman!

Still a breath of fresh air compared with Bubba the Horn Dog who let Hussein
run amok and Bin Ladin go free after having him offered up on a silver
platter, and losing the nuclear launch codes at least twice.