BEAR

Default FS: Compression Drivers Extraordinaire!

THanks to the confluence of the sun, stars, cosmic energy and personal
issues, I am selling off a substantial portion of my audio "wealth."
First on the list, and next to eBay (oy!) are the last remaining stash
units of Nippon Gakki Compression Drivers. These are hands down, no
contest the best compression drivers I have ever used or heard, bar
none. I bought a fairly large number of them with the idea of offering
up a custom horn system on a limited basis. No time, no cash to do that.

I will be keeping some for my own use, but the rest have to go now. With
regrets. Truly.

More info: http://www.bearlabs.com/NEXT/COMPDR.html
be sure to click on the link for the second page...eh?

These drivers I run down to ~250Hz. with a first order xover - no
strain. I play live electric rock/jazz with e-drums using the system as
monitors - no compression, no distortion, jes fine.

I'm selling them, inspected, tested and closest matched using pink noise
for equal SPL (in a fixed rig), which is +/- 0.5dB difference, btw.
Standard larger Altec ~1.4" exit.

These very drivers completely changed my own opinion about horns and
compression drivers within seconds of first having heard then - which
btw was a fortunate accident, not a plan. I've sold a few pair over the
last few years and everyone who has bought a pair is very happy with
them afaik.

The price I am asking before going to ePay is less than I have gotten
there, but ePay is a royal PIA in general... about the same as two
aftermarket diaphragms installed for something like an Altec 288 series.
And, there's no comparision, these are in another league. The TAD
diaphragms are probably more than I'm asking for the drivers, and I
think these are better overall than the TADs, and the TADs ain't going
down to 250Hz!

Ok, that's the story -

If no one picks up on them, on to ePay!

:- )

_-_-bear

Compression Tutorial **bg** Pro Audio 1 December 6th 04 04:27 PM
Compression Tutorial **bg** Pro Audio 0 December 2nd 04 09:48 PM
1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 3 May 28th 04 06:43 PM
1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 06:36 PM
1" vs. 1.4" Compression Drivers Analogeezer Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 06:36 PM