Posted to rec.audio.tubes
commonsenseaudio commonsenseaudio is offline

Default Lowther Speaker Sale Ends Aug 31. The world's best sounding and most efficient speakers.

www.lowtherspeakers.com/lowther.html

The world's best speakers. Buy complete, or buy just the drivers and
get free cabinet plans, parts list, and setup tips.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

I sent the post below several times through a Chinese proxy and each
time it was truncated before I got to the juicy bit about Bret Ludwig's
speakers. Bret Ludwig has friends in Communist China! Makes you wonder
how come Ludwig is such a loud enemy of the Chinese Communists. Could
it be a cover. I mean, Ludwig is also loudly anti-queer....

This is what I sent originally that Ludwig's Chinese commie pals don't
want you to see:

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

And they've done it yet again. What is about Bret Ludwig that the
Chinese Communists like so much? Is it the smell of his cheap, don't
wash but throw out after a month underpants?

****

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Pleasant is not reading faggy prose. Quit sighing, c*cks*ck*r.

Oh, Bruce,

You make me proud not to know you - sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 26 Aug 2006 16:46:29 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

And they've done it yet again. What is about Bret Ludwig that the
Chinese Communists like so much? Is it the smell of his cheap, don't
wash but throw out after a month underpants?

You're familiar with Bret Ludwig's underpants? This isn't the right NG
for you.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

paul packer wrote:
On 26 Aug 2006 16:46:29 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

And they've done it yet again. What is about Bret Ludwig that the
Chinese Communists like so much? Is it the smell of his cheap, don't
wash but throw out after a month underpants?

You're familiar with Bret Ludwig's underpants? This isn't the right NG
for you.

Not just me, Paulie. The whole world knows about Mr Ludwig's
underjocks. Apparently he gave advice on RAO about personal hygiene on
a budget. According to Mr Ludwig, he buys the cheapest underwear, never
washes it because washing is what wears it out rather than not wearing,
and gets a month's constant use out of each pair of underpants before
they start smelling too bad even for him.

I didn't get the details firsthand -- I got them from something George
wrote but we all know George wouldn't exagerate, at least not by more
than a week...

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence

Probably by the fact anyone would call that good.

My reply to your expected response was in my original, Ludwig, but your
Chinese Commie cohorts in Pearl Buck League (smell those underpants on
the rice paddies...) censored them out. Let's try again:

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence; I watch them for the ripple of pleasure which
follows when they realize I'm not playing one of my tricks, that I
won't rip the curtain aside to reveal a live string quartet, that at
last they have discovered a truly superior speaker.(1)

I find it hard to imagine that Master Ludwig has any speakers as good
as that.

In fact, I find it hard to imagine that Master Ludwig has any speakers
at all. Just try to visualize Ludwig in the sto

Ludwig: "Nah, I don't need to listen to those. I know they're ****. And
those, and those, and those, and those. In fact, everything you have is
****." (Exits store left.)

Ludwig has been to every audio store in 250 radius from where he lives,
and has bought nothing.

Andre Jute

(1) No, I don't claim they are the best speakers in the world. I have
those as well; they cost so much that Lowthers, second best by a
handsome margin, look like a bargain.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Presidential Award Announced! Read the NewTribunePatron! Interview with Bret Ludwig!

(Most newspapers on their arts pages don't actually report, they shine
a rose-tinted light on arts pre-approved by the editor or writers with
influence. Family readerships don't want to know that Mr Jazz took
cocaine in the lobby of a first class hotel out of gold Georgian
snuffbox with a little gold straw, or that Miss Sweet Sixteen was
tonguetied and that her every third word was "****" and the rest was
"You know, like" and that her personal hygiene was shocking. Here's a
textbook example of how an experienced arts writer handles such a
case.)

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON Brrrrret Luuuuuudwig! The Presidential Awards
Commission has nominated you as the Great American Blusterer!
Whaddayasay!

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! You got big tits.

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) I am deeply honored. I knew my time
would come.

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON So tell you something you find pleasant besides my
breasts.

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! Pleasant is not reading faggy prose.

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) I love "BombHanoi" Betjeman. "Come,
friendly bombs, and fall on Slough."

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON You read a lot of poetry then?

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! You got really nice tits.

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) [WHICH SEWER DID HE CRAWL OUT OF?]

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON You're keen on women poets then. The ones with
you-know... {GESTURES IN FRONT OF CHEST]

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! A woman's place is on her back with her legs in the
air.

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) I love the suicide chic of Sylvia Plath.

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON What do you think was the greatest day for English
literature? The birth of Shakespeare? The day the King James Bible was
finished?

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! I tole you. I don't like reading faggy prose.

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) The day Virginia Woolf stuffed (ha-ha!)
her pockets with stones and walked out to sea.

NEWTRIBUNEPATRON Is there anything else you would like to share with
the nation, you offensive little ****?

BRRRRET LUUUUDWIG! You would like to ****, then? Gee, sheesh, so what
do I do now?

(REPORTER WRITES IN NOTEBOOK) [I'LL KILL THAT ASSIGNMENTS EDITOR!]

-
----
Andre Jute
with apologies
as even a satirist
must have something
some little (nipple shaped) thing
some little bright sparkle
of human intelligence
to start work with
In this case
I guess
not
--
-

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Pleasant is not reading faggy prose.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

On 27 Aug 2006 02:53:06 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

paul packer wrote:
[...]

Hmmm...Brett never struck me as an unhygienic kind of guy. Not that
Usenet has smell capacity, of course.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

Andrew Jute McCoy whined:

Its usual lies and diversions.

Bred Ludwig is no prize, certainly. But placed next to you, he is all
things Mother Theresa and Albert Schweitzer by comparison. At least the
advice he gives, however stupid and malicious, is based on both
understanding and at least some knowledge of what is actually involved.
What exudes from your little attic is equally stupid, more malicious,
but lacks both the understanding and the knowledge.

BTW, you are slipping. Misspellings and grammatical pretzels all at
once?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

paul packer said:

Hmmm...Brett never struck me as an unhygienic kind of guy. Not that
Usenet has smell capacity, of course.

I picture him as covered head-to-toe in grunge and grease. He has a motor
mouth, his pockets are full of gizmos and oddments of his various hobbies,
and he shaved his head because keeping his hair neat and clean was too
much trouble.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

" said:

Andrew Jute McCoy whined:

Its usual lies and diversions.

Bred Ludwig is no prize, certainly. But placed next to you, he is all
things Mother Theresa and Albert Schweitzer by comparison. At least the
advice he gives, however stupid and malicious, is based on both
understanding and at least some knowledge of what is actually involved.
What exudes from your little attic is equally stupid, more malicious,
but lacks both the understanding and the knowledge.

BTW, you are slipping. Misspellings and grammatical pretzels all at
once?

Why is it that people only seem to target Andre, and don't say a word
when Bret Ludwig is insulting a long-time, respected RAT like Al Marcy
in a way that's nauseating (at least to me it is)?

Granted, I don't always get why Andre does the things he does, like
going after Ned Carlson (1), and he isn't that naive as to have
expected comments about that, but the despicable behaviour that
Gruppenfuhrer Ludwig is exhibiting, are, at least in my view, far
worse than that.

Yet, no one seems to be bothered.
And that's bothering *me*.

Must Al die before we all start to see his valued contributions to
RAT, just as happened with Fred Nachbaur, who seems to be forgotten
already?

(1) Axtually, I do understand somewhat the problem Andre had/has with
Ned, ir probably has to do something with Magnequest, but in my view,
it didn't warrant the barrage of attacks that we have witnessed
lately.
Yet, I'm probably not entirely up to snuff of what happened between
Andre and Ned, and frankly, I'm not really interested.
I just want to talk about (tube) audio here, and Andre can be a
valuable asset to this newsgroup.
Ned Carlson *is* a valuable asset, and so are you, Peter, when you're
not on a crusade against Andre.

Even Bret can, if he wants to.
But his mindset makes me sick.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Sander DeWaal wrote:

Why is it that people only seem to target Andre, and don't say a word
when Bret Ludwig is insulting a long-time, respected RAT like Al Marcy

Oh, I have written a word or three on the nature of Mr. Ludwig, and
with specific reference to the Marcy thread. But, let's put it this
way:

If one were to compare the two of them to a baled convenience
containing liquified chicken manure, Mr. Ludwig would be the baled
convenience, Mr. McCoy the liquified contents. Neither fit for polite
society in that state or ever thereafter. However, the baled
convenience does, at the least, contain the contents.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

They are mediocre speakers with no highs and no lows. However, they
are cheaper than Bose. Isn't that right, you ****forbrains, David
Dicks?

Hi RATs!

Lowthers can provide a pleasant listening experience.

Master Ludwig has no concept of pleasant. Sigh.

Happy Ears!
Al

I have Lowthers drivers of various kinds and have built them into all
kinds of horns and other enclosures. My Lowther PM6A in horns of my own
construction --
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg and
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg -- are
speakers of absolutely thrilling authority. People professionally
concerned with high-class music hearing them for the first time are
stunned into silence

Forgive me for being dense but I'm utterly confused. Leaving Mr.
Ludwig's lingerie out
how do his alleged Commie friends manage to interfere with Mr. Jute's
postings? Do they censor them in China only or do they have secret
agents inside the Google?. (Come to think of it the Google rags to
riches, poor students to billionaires, saga does make it all suspect.
Were there guys from Chinese Embassy lurking in the Hollywood hills
dispensing bags of ill-gotten dollars to start Google and corrupt the
innocent, youthful American minds?).
And which "much more expensive" speaker system outclasses even the
second best Lowther? How was this classification arrived at? Was it
checked with Mr. Krueger for the ABX approval? Mystery upon mystyery.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Sander DeWaal wrote:
Stuff to the effect of 'why is everyone picking on McCoy?'

By the way, if one wishes to understand the character of Mr. Ludwig,
one only needs to go over to a couple of chat-rooms dedicated to
cats... and read the sorts of remarks he passes there.

Both Ludwig & McCoy passed very productive childhoods pulling wings
from flies and tying tin-cans to the tails of stray dogs (well, this is
certainly as truthful as anything spewed by McCoy, and probably mild as
to the reality of Mr. Ludwig's youth).

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p... caa6b26b89dd

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p... 4dd92f902abe

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p... 7e571a0b8e9dc

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
KMM KMM is offline

wrote in message
ps.com...

wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

[...]

Another rare moment of honesty from Mr. Jute Munchausen, non designer of
tube amps.

snip of the tawdry fiction for which Andre is famous.

Utterly confused and complete dishonesty are your trademarks.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
KMM KMM is offline

wrote in message
ps.com...

Apologies to Mr. Mirabel, my previous post was aimed at Mr. Jute Munchausen.