alfie

Default alesis hd24 problem

hi, i've got a problem with the alesis hd24, i play a song in the hd1,
it plays for 30 seconds and then it stops and the display screen says
"disk read time out".

if i swap the hard disks, it plays without any problem, so i reckon
that it has to be an error in the hard disk itself, but i havent found
any info on the manual about this particular error.

ive run scandisk and it says that there's no errors in the hard disk.

any ideas? has anybody experienced the same problem?

thanks

alfie.
Jim Gilliland

alfie wrote:
hi, i've got a problem with the alesis hd24, i play a song in the hd1,
it plays for 30 seconds and then it stops and the display screen says
"disk read time out".

if i swap the hard disks, it plays without any problem, so i reckon
that it has to be an error in the hard disk itself, but i havent found
any info on the manual about this particular error.

ive run scandisk and it says that there's no errors in the hard disk.

any ideas? has anybody experienced the same problem?

I haven't experienced this problem, but if I did, I think I'd try the
following: Reseat the cable inside the caddy, reseat the caddy inside
the HD24, then run a long format on the drive. Then test thoroughly
before using that drive for any "real" work. It may be more cost
effective to buy a new drive for the HD24 and move the troublesome one
to a computer (again, doing a full disk format before reusing it).