Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Assigning Tracks to Inputs

When I start Audition (1.5) or Reaper (trial), I don't have a problem assigning
channels from my Delta 1010LT card to tracks in the softwa

In 01 -- Track 01
In 02 -- Track 02
In 03 -- Track 03
In 0n -- Track 0n

In Audacity, I cannot find the track assignments. Where is it?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 2/1/2011 7:27 AM, mcp6453 wrote:

In Audacity, I cannot find the track assignments. Where is it?

I've never found the equivalent in Audacity that you know in
Audition and most all multitrack recording DAWs. Perhaps
it's because Audacity isn't really a multitrack recording
program. You can record and mix multiple tracks, and if you
have a multi-channel I/O device, you can select which
channel pairs are used for recording.

But I've never even found the equivalent of track-arming
buttons. When I clicke the Record button, it starts
recording from the source I've selected, but I've never
found a way to record on, say, 8 tracks simultaneously with
each one fed from a separate output of my multi-channel
interface. There's something in the docs that merely
suggests that this is possible, but nothing that says how to
do it.

Not that I use Audacity for anything but stereo recording,
but I'd also like to know how to do multitrack recording
with it, if it's even possible.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff