Posted to rec.audio.pro
lewdslewrate lewdslewrate is offline

Default bounce tracks and preserve pan settings/aw2400

Hi. i need help with the theory. I am using my ears and applying
logic but i am losing it somewhere.
Using Yamaha AW2400 MTR. x10 tracks of recorded audio for large
choir. Examples:... tracks 1&2 = XY pair pan full LR accordingly.
3&4 AB spot mics panned LR to position. 5= solo mic panned halfway
right. When bouncing to 2 new tracks (to facilitate not overloading
machine capabilities while editing and overdubbing room
tone).....using LR bus....do i for example, with 1&2, patch 1L to Lbus
only and 2R to R bus only....or....1L to Bus L&R. Does track 5 go to
Bus LR and the differential is preserved in the balance between LR on
the destination tracks.............maybe i'm making a hash of this
question ????
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 1/29/2011 3:10 AM, lewdslewrate wrote:

Using Yamaha AW2400 MTR. x10 tracks of recorded audio for large
choir. Examples:... tracks 1&2 = XY pair pan full LR accordingly.
3&4 AB spot mics panned LR to position. 5= solo mic panned halfway
right.

When bouncing to 2 new tracks (to facilitate not overloading
machine capabilities while editing and overdubbing room
tone).....using LR bus....do i for example, with 1&2, patch 1L to Lbus
only and 2R to R bus only....or....1L to Bus L&R. Does track 5 go to
Bus LR

That's a question that you could probably best answer by
reading the manual for your recorder/mixer or experimenting,
but I think you have the right idea. Your stereo mic pair
should go hard left and hard right, so those tracks can be
assigned to left (only) and right (only). If "Bus L&R" in
Yamahaese means that it's a stereo track, then that's where
your soloist panned off center should go. This will
(hopefully) send the audio to both left and right channels,
but a little more on the right channel than on the left to
agree with your pan setting.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff