William Luke

Default "Tel" (mobile) input on Pioneers

Hi,

I have a PocketPC in my car for GPS. It occured to me that I might be
able to connect it to my Pioneer's Telephone input, so that when the
annoying-but-useful GPS person tells me where to go, it could interupt
whatever's playing on the stereo, give me my directions, and then
resume the music.

Is this how the Tel input works with mobile phones and, if so, does my
theory sound like it could work?

Sounds a bit fanciful to me but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Cheers then

Will

mayhemkrew

That is the theory, the TEL wire will mute the music when a ground is given
on the wire. So, if the GPS or PocketPC can activate or send a ground
signal to the TEL wire, then it will work. But I don't see how a computer
can do that. Mobile hands-free kit phones have all this set up already. . .

"William Luke" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a PocketPC in my car for GPS. It occured to me that I might be
able to connect it to my Pioneer's Telephone input, so that when the
annoying-but-useful GPS person tells me where to go, it could interupt
whatever's playing on the stereo, give me my directions, and then
resume the music.

Is this how the Tel input works with mobile phones and, if so, does my
theory sound like it could work?

Sounds a bit fanciful to me but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Cheers then

Will

FS: 400 Closeouts!! Video Game, Computer, Mobile A/V, Personal A/V Nexxon Car Audio 0 April 30th 04 07:53 AM
Input Voltages? Ben Robinson Car Audio 3 February 14th 04 04:47 PM
Use MD/Cassette Input to connect an aux cable to Mazda Factory Stereo? James Fowler Car Audio 0 January 25th 04 05:56 PM
FS: SOUNDSTREAM CLOSEOUTS AND MORE!! Nexxon Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 03:59 AM
Sony STR-DE575, remote selection of 5.1ch input Leadfoot General 0 August 24th 03 12:39 AM