Eric

Default "Performance Audio" Battery with side terminals NOT optima?

....I'm looking for a performance battery such as an Optima Yellow top
that is NOT a yellow top that has side terminals. Ive had an optima
yellow for about 4 years and its leaking acid out of the negative top
terminal! I've seen Exide's Orbital, however a friend who works at a
local battery shop says they have alot of trouble with Exide batteries
and no longer carry the brand. I know of Odyssey as well, and their
PC1200MJT but I'm not how the mounting/terminals go. Anything else
out there?
Donald Sherwood

Interesting cause Optima doesn't usally leak, unless you cracked it. You
sure it just isn't corrosion due to the dis-similar metals and a galvanic
reaction taking place. I do belive that optima does have a top post only.
That would be the D34 Model.

But battery performance relies on a couple things. Periodic battery
charging, no not just driving your car. Makeing sure that the alternator is
functioning properly, and not overdoing it with electrical loads that are
astronomically outside your electrical system capacitiy. I mean if your
gonna try running a couple thousand watts off of a say 90A alt and a yellow
top. You really will shorten the life span of your battery, alt, or both.

Wile alot of people may complain that HO alts are spendy, and some may have
poor Idle RPM output. A say 150 to 200A alt will help quite a bit than a 90A
alt.

--
1991 Tornado Red Corrado, CCA Member # 6645
Stereo is a continuous W.I.P.

There are two parts to wisdom:
1) Having a lot to say, and
2) Not saying it.
"Eric" wrote in message
om...
...I'm looking for a performance battery such as an Optima Yellow top
that is NOT a yellow top that has side terminals. Ive had an optima
yellow for about 4 years and its leaking acid out of the negative top
terminal! I've seen Exide's Orbital, however a friend who works at a
local battery shop says they have alot of trouble with Exide batteries
and no longer carry the brand. I know of Odyssey as well, and their
PC1200MJT but I'm not how the mounting/terminals go. Anything else
out there?

Eric

I thought optimas do not leak but this one is DEFINATELY leaking from
the top negative terminal. I can snap some pics of baking soda
fizzing away from there, and it comes out more each day. I *dont*
even use the top negative terminal cause my car is a GM car using the
side terminal posts.

I did get another battery though, the Exide 34XCD battery. So far so
good.

"Donald Sherwood" wrote in message news:z2_gc.29477$ru4.29450@attbi_s52...
[...]

"Eric" wrote in message
om...
...I'm looking for a performance battery such as an Optima Yellow top
that is NOT a yellow top that has side terminals. Ive had an optima
yellow for about 4 years and its leaking acid out of the negative top
terminal! I've seen Exide's Orbital, however a friend who works at a
local battery shop says they have alot of trouble with Exide batteries
and no longer carry the brand. I know of Odyssey as well, and their
PC1200MJT but I'm not how the mounting/terminals go. Anything else
out there?

Donald Sherwood

Derrrrr. $ years, I missed that. have you ever used any say De-ox? i.e.
conductive grease on your connections. I have used that on standard
Lead-acid batteries that teand to have correosion issues more than Optyimas
and had very little issues.

--
1991 Tornado Red Corrado, CCA Member # 6645
Stereo is a continuous W.I.P.

There are two parts to wisdom:
1) Having a lot to say, and
2) Not saying it.
[...]