SHREDİ

Default I got ripped off

Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for removal
when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

SHREDİ

SHREDİ wrote:
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for
removal when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

BTW: They stole it out of my car, in my driveway.
No alarm but the Sheriff said that probably would not have
helped.
Total clean and professional rip-off.

Could have been someplace where I had work done that came back later having
my address.. Could have been somebody following me after hearing it. I am
real careful about not blasting it around others. Who knows....I am bumming
because I just found out I am not covered for it either.

I hope karma exists.

Jason

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
SHREDİ wrote:
[...]

Sucks man, but did you check with renters/homeowners? It should be covered
by them since it was done at your home. Good luck!

MZ

Bummer, man. Let me offer a few serious suggestions:

1) Stealth installation. It's possible to minimize the chances of break-in
the more stealth you get. This includes refraining from customizing your
car (things usually associated with big car audio systems - fancy rims,
heavy tinting, etc). Also, try to keep your stock grilles over your
speakers. You can even go for more elaborate schemes, such as trying to
stealth-ize your trunk equipment (hide the amps, put the sub behind a cloth
grille that matches your trunk interior). Or, best of all, if you insist on
using an aftermarket head unit, you can design a motorized "cover" that will
flip the face of your stock HU into place when you turn the car off. This
of course is not an easy feat.

2) Don't work on car audio out in your driveway. If you have a garage use
it. If you must work on it in your driveway, back in so that people driving
by can't see. If you live in an apt complex like I do, then you're screwed.

3) Booby trap. You think I'm kidding? Let the f'ers leave a trail of
blood. If you do it right, it's easy to make it look like it's not
deliberate booby trapping. And it's not like the police would put much
credibility into what the would-be thieves would say, nor is it likely that
they'd implicate themselves. A place to put your fingers with sharp metal
pieces (there are sharp metal pieces all over a car) and the word "remove"
stenciled over it would work fine.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for

removal
when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

thelizman

ReEfErMaDnEsS wrote:
man that sucks....check my auctions...www.ebay.com seller hotstuff cheap

Man...you are a real dick.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:36:22 -0800, "SHREDİ"
wrote:

Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for removal
when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

**** man...that ****ing sucks....that was sweet deck. How much damage
did they do breaking in and removing the stuff? How did they do it?
what kind of car did you have?

SHREDİ

wrote:

Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for
removal when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

**** man...that ****ing sucks....that was sweet deck. How much damage
did they do breaking in and removing the stuff? How did they do it?
what kind of car did you have?

No damage but a small crease at one of the door latches. All wires unhooked
or clipped.
I guess the good thing was they didn't damage my car(1991 Integra).

I think it might have been a place I got my car worked on. There were a few
that I took it due to emergency alternator problems. A crooked mechanic
could have easily read my work order or registration for the address and
seeing my system told his "operation" to steal it or maybe he did it.

Or someone heard it and followed me home to see where I live. I doubt that
because I am paranoid of that and turn it down around other cars and people.

I am sticking with my personal mechanic only from now on!

If I do install another unit I will run the mains off a quality deck and
remove the faceplate and take it with me. Maybe get a removable head unit?
Then if I mount a sub I will mount the amp to the sub box and attach to car
wires with quick connectors so I can remove the amp/sub when I get home from
work. It will be a hassle but I drive 50 miles a day and want some music. I
use the car for going to work 90% of the time.

I just remebered they took about $200 worth of tools that were in the trunk.

thanks for sympathy----bummin'

SHREDİ

Jason wrote:
"SHREDİ" wrote in message
SHREDİ wrote:
[...]

Homeowners covers only things "in" the car not "part" of the car.

SHREDİ

MZ wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tips.
I kept it low key.

I think a crooked mechanic or someone heard it and followed me to find out
where I live.

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for
removal when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

SHREDİ

ReEfErMaDnEsS wrote:
man that sucks....check my auctions...www.ebay.com seller hotstuff
cheap

That ain't funny bro.

BTW: Dealing in stolen goods is a felony.

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for
removal when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

fhlh002

good point... I'd scour eBay for "ALPINE 7894" then ask the sellers if it
has a serial number and what is the number......

If they don't reply, they are not supposed to sell *new* alpine, or it's
hot.

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for
removal when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

Jason

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
"SHREDİ" wrote in message
SHREDİ wrote:
[...]

Isnt your stereo and amp IN the car? If thats what they are telling you,
thats B.S.

Jason

Jason wrote:
"SHREDİ" wrote in message
SHREDİ wrote:
[...]

Seriosuly, read through your contract, if the stereo did not come with your
car when you bought it, it should be covered. Its certainly worth the
effort to be 100% sure. Dont take what the claims adjuster tells you for
truth immediatly. Remember part of their job is to NOT PAY OUT. Just
telling you exactly what I would do.

DJ TecThreat

Had my PDA ripped off from my truck.. Sharp Zaurus SL-5000 (year ago) Was
really my fault though.. we were staying at a campground for the summer (i
had a trailer not a tent) and i left my PDA sitting in my cup holder in the
console.. some punk kid must of saw the windows open when i was inside my
camper and was looking for money or cigarettes and saw it and snatched
it.... little bastids...

DJ TecThreat
The Real Threat

Jason wrote:
"SHREDİ" wrote in message
SHREDİ wrote:
[...]

SHREDİ

Thanks to everyone for the advice and sympathy.
I am researcing alarms now BEFORE I install another system.

See, "Alarm Recommendations?" post.

Thanks again!

Archiver wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Another thing to realize is whoever this motherless **** is, they're
gonna come back for whatever you put in next. When you do put in
something new, stake out your car with a baseball bat for a few days,
maybe you'll get lucky :-)

thelizman

Archiver wrote:

Another thing to realize is whoever this motherless **** is, they're gonna
come back for whatever you put in next. When you do put in something new,
stake out your car with a baseball bat for a few days, maybe you'll get
lucky :-)

Great. If he's skinny enough he can hide behind the bat when the theif
starts shooting.

There's only one way to deal with a recalcitrant thug: A 10 round mag of
..45 cal ACP full metal jacket cartridges inserted firmly into the grip
of a Sig P220. If the punk draws, then double-tap center mass.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

TheBIessedDead

A 10 round mag of
.45 cal ACP full metal jacket cartridges inserted firmly into the grip
of a Sig P220.

My H&K USP Tactical .45 would do the trick quite nicely as well.

Nick
Erik

Taking your faceplate out of your car is a good idea, along with some things
while doing your install, that is if youre actually installing it yourself.
My first suggestion is to route all your wires and cables out of sight, but
also hidden well. You want something that cant be found easily. Second,
depending on your install, you can mount your amp not to be removed. or not
removable with just a screwdriver, I used a rivet gun in my situation, but I
knew that I most likey wouldnt be removing my amp anytime soon. and finally,
I have a crx, it has a hatch..disregarding window tint and such, passerbys
can easily see into my car and see the box, now you can attempt to
camoflauge it someway..but what I did was before I had the sub in the box I
drilled two holes thru the bottom of the box, and thru the floor of the car
(Check for gas/brake/dangerous to cut lines) and I bolted my box to the car.
Now I can feel a little bit better about parking my car over night in a
shady area. but you know if someone really wanted my stuff, where theres a
will theres a way. Just be smarter than the guy that rips off people for a
living cause thats all he can be in life. Hope I helped a little bit.
Erik
"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for

removal
when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

DJ TecThreat

this is true, i had 2 rockford 15"s in a 95' camaro, the theifs broke in,
couldnt get my deck out, bashed it in with a crow bar and ripped my dash
apart, couldnt get to my amp which was under the seat, so they ripped my
seats, couldnt get the box, so they put the crow bar behind my subs,
attempted to remove them like that, didnt work, so they tryed harder and
bent my subs then bashed the cones in a few times, smashed my windows (all
of them) and my T- tops in. it would've been better for them to just take
my entire system and leave the rest of my car intact.- damn bastids.

DJ TecThreat
The Real Threat

"MZ" wrote in message
Not to mention that when they can't remove it they just destroy it.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

om...

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
Alpine-CDA-7894
Alpine-MRD F752
JL Audio(in box) 10W3V2
Goodbye!

Lessons learned?
Always take faceplate off and out of the car(not the glovebox).
Install a sub with amp mounted to the box and quick disconnects for

removal
when I get home.
Should of had comprehensive insurance.

$1100 of system...down the road.

SQSeeker

dude that does suck, but my good friend just had his car stolen to get
his system, then they trashed/totaled it and dumped it, so it could be
worse... same circumstances too, right out of his parking space right
outside of his appartment.

As far as the amp mounting on the box and quick release bolts, be
careful, unless you plan on taking it out every time you get out of
your car.
It would only make it that much easyer to steal...

--
SQSeeker