groundhog

Default Loss of quality during digital copying ??

Some advice pls guys

I'm using a using a pretty good studio to record music direct to CD

If I then have the songs mastered then replicated for CD sales - what
are the chances of the sound quality being affected.

Cheers

Rob
Arny Krueger

"groundhog" wrote in message
om
Some advice pls guys

I'm using a using a pretty good studio to record music direct to CD

If I then have the songs mastered

Mastering can change the sound quality of a recording. It probably should
change it.

then replicated for CD sales - what
are the chances of the sound quality being affected.

Depends mostly on the players you use to audition the origionals and copies
on. Some players sound better with pressed CDs than CD-Rs. In modern times
we call players that have trouble playing CD-Rs *defective* or
*substandard*.

serious fun

Mastering is simply delivering your audio in an appropriate form for
replication. Cut and dried.

Mastering and replication should never change the sound unless you want it
to.

--
Doug Osborne

my day job: http://www.martinsound.com/