matiss

Default d&r series 4000 mk II, what difference to former series 4000?

hello,
can anyone give me information about the difference of the d&r series
4000 and 4000 mk II ? what about the subgroubs. I read in the manual
of the series 4000, there are only 4 subs, but it seems the mk II
version hase 8 subs, is it right?
thanx for some info.
rajko
EganMedia

Dr. Morgan? Paging Dr. Morgan...

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
Frits van Mourik

"matiss" wrote in message
om...
hello,
can anyone give me information about the difference of the d&r series
4000 and 4000 mk II ? what about the subgroubs. I read in the manual
of the series 4000, there are only 4 subs, but it seems the mk II
version hase 8 subs, is it right?
thanx for some info.
rajko

Hello Rajko,

The D&R 4000 channelstrips were built on sharp-edged aluminum U-profile with
a printed polycarbonate
film on front, which made the console look rather cheap. Indeed it has only
4 subgroups.
The D&R 4000 mk II channelstrips were built on rounded-edge steel U-profile
with the printing silkscreened
on the front, which gave it a much more professional look. And it sports 8
subgroups.
BTW, those subs are "free floating", a revolutionary idea at the time.
I owned a mk II for about 7 years.
Now owning a fantastic D&R "Merlin"- console, I still sometimes miss that
simple but brilliant FF-concept.

greetings,

Frits van Mourik (pardon my french, I'm dutch...)
Geluidsstudio Het Pand,
Vlaardingen, Netherlands
www.studiohetpand.nl

AudioHipster AudioHipster is offline
Junior Member

Location: Georgia USA
Send a message via Skype™ to AudioHipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matiss View Post
hello,
can anyone give me information about the difference of the d&r series
4000 and 4000 mk II ? what about the subgroubs. I read in the manual
of the series 4000, there are only 4 subs, but it seems the mk II
version hase 8 subs, is it right?
thanx for some info.
rajko
Hi there, we just purchased a D R 4000 MKII and refurbishing it, the desk has 4 extra older 4000 channels strips, that seem to work with the 4000 MKII, our older 4000 channels strips have 8 busses to and from just like the MKII. One thing i was curious about was, every other ch strip has either white or black buttons, to select the busses, upper 4 buttons select 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 or 7/8 i'm guessing just visual? Cheers Doyen AudioHipster studio