Posted to rec.audio.tech
ferkee ferkee is offline

Default Sony STR-DE935 Won't Power On

My neighbor figured there was no hope for his Sony STR-DE935 receiver
when it stopped powering on, so he gave it to me. I have done all I
think I can, but I still can't identify the problem and it's driving
me crazy. This is a great unit and I think it can be repaired.

Can somebody PLEASE shine some light?

Thanks in advance,
John
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

"ferkee" wrote in message
My neighbor figured there was no hope for his Sony STR-DE935 receiver
when it stopped powering on, so he gave it to me. I have done all I
think I can, but I still can't identify the problem and it's driving
me crazy. This is a great unit and I think it can be repaired.

Can somebody PLEASE shine some light?

Thanks in advance,
John

Well not really unless you can shine more light on what you have done, found
out etc. Otherwise its a bit like saying my car won't start.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
ferkee ferkee is offline

Good point. Sorry...All *I* really have done is open the case and
visually inspect for problems, poor connections, etc. A friend of
mine at work took it home and tested it.

AC Power - OK
Power Switch - OK
DC Regulations
IC401 - IC1501
IC402 - IC1203
Q801 - IC1204
IC404 - IC1205
All OK

IC1207 on digital board - could not find schematic - no output.

Relay - OK
Fuses - OK

Suspect IC102

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

"ferkee" wrote in message
My neighbor figured there was no hope for his Sony STR-DE935 receiver
when it stopped powering on, so he gave it to me. I have done all I
think I can, but I still can't identify the problem and it's driving
me crazy. This is a great unit and I think it can be repaired.

Can somebody PLEASE shine some light?

**You'll need to buy a service manual. Most modern receivers use
microprocessors for protection and switch on functions. They also have a
diagnostics facility.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
ferkee ferkee is offline

**You'll need to buy a service manual. Most modern receivers use
microprocessors for protection and switch on functions. They also have a
diagnostics facility.

--
Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au

I do have a service manual. I may need help on diagnostics.