Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

"EADGBE" wrote in message

I recently found a very clean pair of JBL L19
speakers. These speakers look new.

snip

According to my reader, the last time this crossposting clown posted in ukra
was 18/05/07 to ask for free advice with questions about more dodgy old
gear, splashed across a different spread of newsgroups and then failed to
acknowledge the bunch of helpful replies he received....

Hmmm....

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"EADGBE" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 11:19 am, "Keith G" wrote:

According to my reader, the last time this crossposting clown posted in
ukra
was 18/05/07 to ask for free advice with questions about more dodgy old
gear, splashed across a different spread of newsgroups and then failed to
acknowledge the bunch of helpful replies he received....

Hmmm....

Then you don't know how to read your reader, asshole.

If you ACTUALLY did the research you claim to have done, you will
find that I have consistently and publicly thanked the people who
took the time to help me.

...And I will thank YOU to keep your smart-ass comments to yourself
in the future.

This is the last you'll hear from me. If you want to satisfy your
juvenile
urge to flame me some more, go right ahead. I won't take the bait.

Have a nice day.

The words '**** off spammer' spring immediately to mind...

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro

In article ,
Keith G wrote:
The words '**** off spammer' spring immediately to mind...

A strange spammer who isn't trying to sell or promote anything...

--
*If PROGRESS is for advancement, what does that make CONGRESS mean?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

"Keith G" wrote in message

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Keith - long time no speak. How's it hanging ? Missus OK ? FWIW, this guy
posts often on s.e.r. and I have never known him to be impolite or to fail
to acknowledge any responders to his questions, myself included.

Arfa

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Keith G" wrote in message

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Arfa! All is well here, thanks - hope the same with you! (Dinky little
drive belt continues to work perfectly!)

Anyway, regarding our Guitar String friend (that anyone should be so quick
to support me when U No Hoo is flicking his little calumnies my way!) - as I
said above: On my machine (which is new, so it don't go back all the way to
the Big Bang) I have only one former entry which shows another instance of
him crossposting a request for advice and no sign of a response of any kind
to the 4 replies he received:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/ukra.jpg

I speak as I find...!!

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

"Keith G" wrote in message
news

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Keith G" wrote in message

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

Fair enough , Keith. I would have to say that it was possibly an oversight
then, because as I said, I have typically found him to be a responsible
poster, definitely not in the class of 'spammer' or 'troll' ...

Glad you're all well, and the belt is still ok. Fleetie pops in over here
from time to time. I'll have to try to find the (computer) time to pop over
there again soon for a chat with all you guys.

Arfa

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:24:25 +0000, Keith G wrote:

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

I've known EADGBE to be anything but a spammer.

Who the **** cares - I have clear evidence that he's a twice a year blow-in
wanting free advice and obviously doesn't consider it ill-mannered to smear
it all over several separate newsgroups to get what he wants and without a
word of thanks. Look at the pic:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/ukra.jpg

Work it out for yourself....

Delete 'spammer' and insert 'crossposter' if it makes you feel better -
usenet tosser, either way....

Maybe it's you who should
**** off...

From ukra - the only group I subscribe to? (See also in the pic...)

Stop and have a little think, YTC - you stop crossposting here and I don't
even *see* your silly posts...

(Yes, my replies are also crossposted - how TF do I know where you are
posting from...???)

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

From ukra - the only group I subscribe to? (See also in the pic...)

Stop and have a little think, YTC - you stop crossposting here and I don't
even *see* your silly posts...

(Yes, my replies are also crossposted - how TF do I know where you are
posting from...???)

Maybe your news server just didn't see his reply or it didn't get
crossposted? I see a few regulars in that reply from s.e.r.. I know that
EADGBE isn't a spammer / Troll as well. If you upset because it is
crossposted, create a filter. Theres no need to get angry about it.

Now to get this back on topic,
Have you tried moving the voice coil in and out by hand to feel if it it is
dragging at all? I'd tend to agree with the others that the cone might be
out of alignment a bit.

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"Michael Kennedy" wrote

Maybe your news server just didn't see his reply or it didn't get
crossposted? I see a few regulars in that reply from s.e.r.. I know that
EADGBE isn't a spammer / Troll as well. If you upset because it is
crossposted, create a filter. Theres no need to get angry about it.

Angry at newsgroup posts? Oh, I don't think so....

Please point to where my original response is incorrect:

"According to my reader, the last time this crossposting clown posted in
ukra
was 18/05/07 to ask for free advice with questions about more dodgy old
gear, splashed across a different spread of newsgroups and then failed to
acknowledge the bunch of helpful replies he received...."

And then consider directing your advice to the root cause - ie, the
crossposter himself who, incidentally, responded to me with this little gem:

"Then you don't know how to read your reader, asshole.

If you ACTUALLY did the research you claim to have done, you will
find that I have consistently and publicly thanked the people who
took the time to help me."

When the clear evidence:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/ukra.jpg

indicates that a) I did do the research, b) your paragon failed to thank
anyone at least on that occasion and c) is, in fact, a crossposting little
gob****e who doesn't brook at dragging half Usenet into sorting out his
problems for free if, when and as he feels like it....

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

"Keith G" wrote in message

"Michael Kennedy" wrote

[...]

Hey ! I've never seen you getting this worked up Keefy baby ! Those good 'ol
Aussie boys on ukra been giving you lessons or summat ? d;~}

Arfa

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

I care.

And who the **** cares whether you care or not.

And you've caused much more noise than EADGBE so kindly **** off.

No, **** - you have. Keep crossposting into ukra to prove me right....

snipped the rest of your bull**** completely unread

Nah, I don't believe you....

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

Subject: QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle
From: "Keith G"
Newsgroups:
rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio ,rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:54:44 -0000

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

And[SLAP]

Keep the thread going you hypocritical ****. You know you want the last
word.

heh

What ails thee, friend...?

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

From: "Keith G"
Newsgroups:
rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio ,rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:54:44 -0000

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

What[SLAP]

Push the keyboard further back, sunshine - sounds like your tits keep
hitting it....

I was right.

Even a crossposting loser like you has got to be right at least the one
time....

Tell me summat - you're obviously a 'me too' attention-seeker, but what do
you want to be when you grow up?

Just curious like....

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

From: "Keith G"
Newsgroups:
rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio ,rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:54:44 -0000

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

Imagine that, whining about cross posting from someone who's been cross
posting the entire thread.

No, Clowny Boy - you're crossposting from 4 newsgroups, I'm simply replying
from ukra....

(Glad the tip about moving the keyboard worked.... :-)

LOL!!

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

From: "Keith G"
Newsgroups:
rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio ,rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:54:44 -0000

"EADGBE" wrote in message
[...]

Let's see, your reply was cross posted to:

Newsgroups:
rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio ,rec.audio.pro

I would say with out a doubt your reply was cross posted.

Like I say, dummy: I only subscribe to ukra and I'm only replying to your
posts - if you are crossposting, the replies are going to be crossposted
aren't they? I don't even know (or care) what group you are posting from, so
I couldn't strip the crossposting out, even if I CBA to! (Down to you,
really - isn't it?)

Anyway, I'm bored now and I feel sorry for the members of your crossposted
groups, even if you don't - so this is my last word....

rest of the silly **** snipped

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
Keith G Keith G is offline

"EADGBE" wrote in message

OK.

I have just dropped in and checked this thread, after
being absent for a few days.

I have done some checking into this "controversy"
(if all of this B.S. could even deserve that title)...

In the case of my question concerning the
Nakamichi TA-4A receiver, I was able to resolve
the issue without having to check the thread again
to see what bits of advice I had received. I never
checked back,

Yep.

so it does logically follow that I
never did respond to the original thread with a
message of gratitude to the people kind enough
to try to help me.

Yep.

So yeah, Keith G. is technically correct...I didn't
thank anyone in that thread, and I do believe
that I should have done so, even though I didn't
need to try any of the suggestions I received.

Yep.

(As in May last year, in ukra...)

I was wrong not to thank those who posted
suggestions...BUT...Keith G. is equally wrong
for slamming my head up against the wall so
furiously for it. It was a simple oversight on my
part, and certainly not deserving of such
self-righteous indignation on his part.

You think so? 100% incidence on my (new) computer here and I don't have the
beginning of this thread, but I believe I pointed out your crossposting and
failure to thank those who replied on this and the only previous post I
could find for you - which was also crossposted....

HONESTLY, we all have been guilty
of not expressing gratitude at one time or
another...

???

should we all be forced to have that
held against us for the rest of our lives?

Keith G. was quite diligent in finding a
mistake that I made in the past and then
holding me accountable for it.

Took 20 seconds - see above, I had only 300 posts to scan and your only
other post in ukra, the only group I subscribed to then was May last year...

Why couldn't he have been equally diligent
in finding my much more recent posts, where
I was quite careful to thank those who had
helped me?

In ukra? There weren't any.

I guess it's more fun for Keith G. to point out
where others go wrong, instead of actually
being constructive and helpful.

Not really and, as I was just about to unsubscribe ukra anyway, I'd have
done better to let it pass. If there had been more posts from you (ie as an
*ukra contributor*) instead of just one more example of what appeared to be
extremely selfish behaviour I wouldn't have replied at all.

And to top it all off, he never even offered any
advice to me in that Nakamichi thread--so why
is he even spending all of his time and energy
caring about whether or not people were
properly thanked in that thread???

I have no idea about your Nak problem and I care (cared) about the lack of
acknowledgement because it came at the end of a long career of assisting no
end of people over the last few years (in ukra) - usually/mostly without
acknowledgement. Came at the wrong time, that's all....

Is it really THAT much fun to be so
vindictive? I guess it is for Keith G.

Doesn't help when your response was as follows:

Then you don't know how to read your reader, asshole.

If you ACTUALLY did the research you claim to have done, you will
find that I have consistently and publicly thanked the people who
took the time to help me.

...And I will thank YOU to keep your smart-ass comments to yourself
in the future.

Does it?

I will end by saying one more thing:

It takes a real adult to admit
when he's wrong.

I have done so in this post.

Almost - you seem more concerned to make the point that *I'm* in the wrong:

I will now wait for Keith G. to admit he
was wrong for being so needlessly
vicious.

Vicious? I don't think so - especially not in the light of your 'asshole'
response....

But I won't hold my breath.

Don't - if I thought I was wrong anywhere in that thread I wouldn't have
posted. Wasn't helped by your pal Meat Wanka swinging in to ukra trying to
act the tough guy, but I'll tell you one thing - at least he tried to back
you up. Not one member of ukra did the same for me - so **** 'em...

(This time I've announced my intention to drop 'audio usenet', I've so far
only had one 'ukranian' saying 'keep in touch with the group', so it looks
like I've overstayed my welcome there - not that there's anything left of it
other than the likes of Plowman...)

By the way, A BIG THANK YOU (sincerely)
to everyone who has been helping me with
the JBL speaker question. I haven't yet had
the time to try any suggestions, but I have
some free time coming up in the next few
days, and I plan to give some of your
suggestions a go. I'll let you know what
I find.... Cheers!

Well, it was a long haul, but it seems it did a bit of good in the end. Next
time you're in the wrong and get a bollocking for it try to act less like a
spoilt kid and pass the word to Meat Wanka to be careful about gobbing off
on someone else's 'home turf' - or someone might follow him home again....

That's it. I'm done with usenet now and will take this opportunity to nip it
off, or it will go on forever....

(Crosspostposting left in for 'closure'....)

Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro

"Keith G" wrote in message

"EADGBE" wrote in message

[...]

Aw, c'mon Keef. I'm not a reg'lar over there on UKRA any more, but I did
defend you on here, saying that I had not known you to be quite so 'robust'
in your responses in the past, and it must have been just that he caught you
on a bad day, which it seems was rather the case. It'll be a shame if you
abandon Usenet. I always enjoyed your slightly acidic take on life, and the
pictures of your latest speakers and Chinese amps ... !!

(x - posting left in, in case you don't look back here ... )

Arfa