[OT] Odd speed fluctuation when streaming to car

Old July 18th 18, 02:11 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default [OT] Odd speed fluctuation when streaming to car

mako wrote: "VBR and CBR refer to the MP3 data bit rate."
I, and my cats, all know that.

"The audio sample rate is always (supposed to be anyway) constant.
m "
Perhaps the machine playing discs with VBR mp3 is confusing which
ahould be constant and which is variable.

Old July 18th 18, 02:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 18/07/2018 14:11, wrote:
"
> Perhaps the machine playing discs with VBR mp3 is confusing which
> ahould be constant and which is variable.

if the machine playing back the mp3 gets confused, it just rejects the
file. Playing back a VBR file using the CBR algorithm or vice versa just
outputs garbage, not a change in speed.

There is some info on the file structure he-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#File_structure

MP3 files consist of "frames" which have information encoded in them to
reconstruct (more or less) a section of the original waveform. The
frames are all timecoded, and the player outputs the reconstruction of
the encoded waveform held in the data blocks using a fixed clock rate
specified in the file header.

In fact, read the whole article, and you will know a lot more than you
want to know about mp3 playback and encoding.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old July 18th 18, 04:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson:

This is what happened one time when playing VBR MP3
on a compatible player:

"I Pledge Alleg - the flag of the Unit - tes of America,
and - public for which it stands, one - under God,
Indivisible with lib - ustice, for all"

Like it was skipping chunks.

So I re-encoded to CBR, problem solved!
Old July 24th 18, 03:08 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
jason

In article >,
says...
> The error correction introduces a delay in the chain from laser to DAC
> input.
> This is why the electronics has a buffer,

That would prevent what I guessed might be the problem...

Yamaha RX-V750 + OTA television signal = volume fluctuation djh Tech 5 March 11th 13 02:35 AM
streaming mp3 Jack Jarmush Tech 2 January 29th 05 04:00 PM
USB streaming hi-fi's Richard Blackwood General 12 January 24th 05 05:56 PM
Streaming Audio? Lance Pro Audio 0 May 19th 04 04:29 PM
RAM speed, Bus speed, HD speed, Cache for laptops???? Envirokind Pro Audio 0 February 22nd 04 11:47 AM