Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

Default EV sentry 505

Hi Guys,

found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is sparse, any
wisdom/opinions?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Joe Kotroczo Joe Kotroczo is offline

On 3/09/08 15:50, in article ,
"Peter Larsen" wrote:

Hi Guys,

found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is sparse, any
wisdom/opinions?

Data sheet he
http://archives.telex.com/archives/E...0505%20EDS.pdf

--
Joe Kotroczo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is
sparse, any wisdom/opinions?

Data sheet he
http://archives.telex.com/archives/E...0505%20EDS.pdf

Thank you Joe!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote:
Hi Guys,

found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is sparse,
any wisdom/opinions?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

ABC-TV Hollywood upgraded control rooms to Sentry 500/505 systems as soon
as they were determined to be the most accurate reproducers available for
the purpose. They are excellent! The 500 is intended for "half space"
mounting ... against (or embedded in) a wall. The 505 is for
"quarter-space" mounting ... in a wall/ceiling corner.

--
~
~ Roy
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

Roy W. Rising wrote:

ABC-TV Hollywood upgraded control rooms to Sentry 500/505 systems as
soon as they were determined to be the most accurate reproducers
available for the purpose. They are excellent! The 500 is intended
for "half space" mounting ... against (or embedded in) a wall. The
505 is for "quarter-space" mounting ... in a wall/ceiling corner.

You were one of the people I had hoped to see a follow-up from, thank you
very much Roy. I'll have a look and listen tomorrow ... they have been on
the road as small pa system seemingly powered by a PV1200 since the seller
also has that for sale.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is
sparse, any wisdom/opinions?

Seller just called me and cancelled meeting tomorrow, he needs to replace
them with something smaller with 15" first .... negotiated that he calls me
if/when they get for sale again.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] spamiser@yahoo.com is offline

On Sep 3, 9:38 am, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Peter Larsen wrote:
found a pair of EV Sentry 505 in the classified ads, web info is
sparse, any wisdom/opinions?

Seller just called me and cancelled meeting tomorrow, he needs to replace
them with something smaller with 15" first .... negotiated that he calls me
if/when they get for sale again.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

A friend had some of these as his mains and I liked them very much.
Full and detailed and unfussy.
When I had EV monitors their service was great and the parts were
reasonable.

Philip Perkins
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

wrote:

A friend had some of these as his mains and I liked them very much.

Philip Perkins

Thank you Philip!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

WTB: E-V Sentry IIa n9lhm Marketplace 3 January 11th 07 09:28 PM
Electrovoice Sentry IIA Bryan Dibble Pro Audio 14 July 3rd 06 04:15 PM
FA: Vintage EV Sentry II Speakers..No Reserve! Ken Gold Vacuum Tubes 0 November 24th 04 03:39 AM
electro-voice SENTRY IV coyote1970 Tech 0 May 2nd 04 07:12 PM
EV Sentry 100EL Active Apeakers Brian Downey Pro Audio 8 March 16th 04 03:48 AM