Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Matt Macchiarolo

Default Op amp advice

For you op-amp experts I need some advice...

Just got a new (old) mixing console, Peavey/AMR 2400, and there is a
noticeable level of noise in the master module when I pull up the faders,
even though there is no signal from any of the channels. I called Peavey's
tech dept and they suggested replacing the op-amps in the master module, as
they age they lose their tolerances and can cause noise (it sounds like
white noise). The manual shows that it contains a bunch of 5532's, a few TL
074's, a few TL 072's, and a 741. I did a search at Digikey's website, and
found that there seems to be many "versions" of each chip, each with a
difference suffix to the chip number. I can physically replace the chips,
but determining the right version is beyond my expertise.

What would the difference be for each version, and which do you think would
be best for my application Or would it really matter? Tried Google for the
answer but not finding anything concrete.

Thanks in advace,

Matt

--
---
Matt Macchiarolo

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." -Edward R. Murrow