Posted to rec.audio.pro
Korgi Korgi is offline

Default Can't get Focusrite Saffire LE to work, can anyone help?

Ok, so I thought I'd strike another "bargain" on ebay. The LE arrived,
I hooked it up to my G5 Intel Duo 2.8ghz/Osx 10.5.6. All I get is two
amber LED's light up when the LE is powered up but the software driver
reports a "Connection lost" error every time, and I can't get the Mac
to recognise the LE - it does not appear inside Core Audio, the sound
control panel or any of my audio software. I tried rebooting, the same
problem. Tried 3 different FW cables, same problem. Tried it on 3
various assorted Macs plus 2 windows XP Pc's. The same problem on
Macs, the PC's crash as soon as I plug in the Saffire, when prompted
by the driver software installer. Spent most of yesterday trying to
find the answer, no success.

Anyone there with similar problem? Any remedy for this? The seller
claims the unit worked perfectly on their PC.

Many thanks guys.

John
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve[_3_] Steve[_3_] is offline

"Korgi" wrote in message
[...]

First off let me say I would never spend another dime on a piece of
Focusrite gear again, but that's just my opinion. I have Berhinger gear
that is more reliable that the Focusrite gear I have owned.
Secondly, call Focusrite support and make sure this is a dead unit.

Sounds like your unit is "Dead on Arrival". The seller may have lied or the
unit may have been damaged in shipping.

Either way I would read the item description on eBay again and if the seller
claims the unit is in perfect working order then launch a dispute. Sellers
can't lie about products they are selling on eBay. Knowing getting things
fixed with Focusrite, I am sure you will wind up paying more to get this
thing fixed than you paid for it on eBay.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Korgi Korgi is offline

On 17 Apr, 16:08, "Steve" wrote:
"Korgi" wrote in message

[...]

"Fab condition, hardly used" was the only description on the listing.
I will NEVER trust ebay sellers again, whether or not this is just
ignorance or a deliberate lie. I'm kicking myself for having spent 3/4
of the retail price on something that took me hours to try and fix
(and still doesn't work).
Posted to rec.audio.pro
philicorda[_6_] philicorda[_6_] is offline

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:46:53 -0700, Korgi wrote:

"Fab condition, hardly used" was the only description on the listing.
I will NEVER trust ebay sellers again, whether or not this is just
ignorance or a deliberate lie. I'm kicking myself for having spent 3/4
of the retail price on something that took me hours to try and fix
(and still doesn't work).

You need to translate Ebay speak into English most of the time:

"Presumed working, but I do not have the equipment to test it"
= It doesn't work.

"Worked last time I tried it."
= It doesn't work.

"Sold as is due to age"
= It probably never worked.

"Non working."
= It caught fire when I plugged it in.

Best of luck anyway. There is always a chance that it's an honest mistake.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve[_3_] Steve[_3_] is offline

"Korgi" wrote in message
On 17 Apr, 16:08, "Steve" wrote:
"Korgi" wrote in message

snip
"Fab condition, hardly used" was the only description on the listing.
I will NEVER trust ebay sellers again, whether or not this is just
ignorance or a deliberate lie. I'm kicking myself for having spent 3/4
of the retail price on something that took me hours to try and fix
(and still doesn't work).

This doesn't stop you from launching a dispute. It's a judgement call by
the dispute department at eBay and they typically lean towards the seller in
most cases.

Keep in mind any questions you asked the seller via eBay to the sale and any
been through all of this crap before.

So I say launch your dispute and see what eBay says "Fab Condition" means to
them. If it means "working condition", then you'll win and this scumbag
won't get away with anything. Hell, it's free to launch a dispute so why
not give it a try.

Just my advice.
Steve

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Korgi Korgi is offline

On 19 Apr, 17:34, "Steve" wrote:
"Korgi" wrote in message

On 17 Apr, 16:08, "Steve" wrote:

"Korgi" wrote in message

snip
[...]

The guy agreed to refund in full. It would seem there are still honest
people out there...
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve[_3_] Steve[_3_] is offline

"Korgi" wrote in message
On 19 Apr, 17:34, "Steve" wrote:
"Korgi" wrote in message

On 17 Apr, 16:08, "Steve" wrote:

"Korgi" wrote in message

snip
The guy agreed to refund in full. It would seem there are still honest
people out there...

That's good news! Glad to hear it worked out and there are still honest
people out there to boot (you still do get the odd one here and there).

Steve

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Korgi Korgi is offline

On 22 Apr, 15:05, "Steve" wrote:
"Korgi" wrote in message

On 19 Apr, 17:34, "Steve" wrote:

"Korgi" wrote in message

On 17 Apr, 16:08, "Steve" wrote:

"Korgi" wrote in message

snip
The guy agreed to refund in full. It would seem there are still honest
people out there...

That's good news! *Glad to hear it worked out and there are still honest
people out there to boot (you still do get the odd one here and there).

Steve

....following on from this unfortunate experience, I've decided to get
a new MOTU ultralitePro Mk3. So far it's proving a joy to use! ...
Seamless integration with the Mac and very decent drivers by the look
of it.

Will a Focusrite Saffire from the US work in Australia? Can i changepower supply unit? [email protected] Pro Audio 34 August 22nd 08 03:55 AM
Will a Focusrite Saffire from the US work in Australia? Can i changepower supply unit? [email protected] Tech 12 August 22nd 08 03:55 AM
Presonus Firestudio or Focusrite Saffire Pro 26? Badmuts Pro Audio 22 October 18th 07 05:10 PM
Focusrite Saffire sane54 Pro Audio 0 February 16th 06 12:07 AM
News on Focusrite Saffire Scudder Pro Audio 0 June 16th 05 05:18 PM