Brian

Default Dynaudio System 360 Crossovers -- "Revision" ?

I had an older set of Dynaudio System 360 speakers. Each crossover
had eight resistors.

I recently bought a brand new System 360. Low and behold, the new
crossovers each had only *seven* resistors! (DUN DUN DUHHNNN!!)

Everything was EXACTLY identical, except for the "missing" resistor.
The circuit boards were identical. The new crossovers even had the
holes in the circuit board where the leads for the missing resistor
was "supposed" to go.

I was eventually told by the Dyn rep that the "eliminated" resistor
was a "revision" to the crossover. (Hmmmm...)

Does anyone else have this "revision" to their X-360 crossovers? To
open the cover, you just squeeze the sides and pop the cover off.
(The resistors are the white rectangular devices.) Do you have seven
resistors, or eight? How old are your crossovers?

Finally, if this was in fact a revision and not just a slip-up at the
factory, then could someone in-the-know please shed some light on the
purpose of this revision? (i.e. Why it was made, and what effect it
has.) The Dynaudio rep could not provide this specific answer.

Thank you.
Mark Zarella

I sincerely doubt it was a "slip up". But whether this "revision" was good
or bad depends. Or maybe it's not noticeable.

Did they change the number of settings for tweeter attenuation? Maybe they
modified the zobel network? Sorry I can't be of more help. All I can tell
you is not to worry about it. The engineers at Dynaudio are smart fellas.

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Brian

Thanks, Mark. I hope you're right!

I believe the resistor was part of the impedance-correction cicuit.
(the tweeter and midrange attenuation settings are the same -- both
old and new)

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message ...
I sincerely doubt it was a "slip up". But whether this "revision" was good
or bad depends. Or maybe it's not noticeable.

Did they change the number of settings for tweeter attenuation? Maybe they
modified the zobel network? Sorry I can't be of more help. All I can tell
you is not to worry about it. The engineers at Dynaudio are smart fellas.

om...