Sanitarium

Default RCA "Y" adapters???

Has anyone noticed a degrade in SQ when using RCA cable "Y" adapters on
the line level signals?

thanks,
Garrett

Jason Whorton

Is there a voltage drop, current drop, etc. when Y cables are used? I
am referring to just the splitting part, not the additional connector
and whatever resistance it brings to the electron party.

Thanks,
Jason Whorton

Sanitarium wrote:

Has anyone noticed a degrade in SQ when using RCA cable "Y" adapters

on
the line level signals?

thanks,
Garrett

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

What about if you use one to combine two channels, instead of split? Any
difference?

Oh, and do you need to use resistors, or does it make any difference Eddie?

(not trying to argue, just wondering your opinion as I am not sure
myself....)

Thx

Sanitarium wrote:

Has anyone noticed a degrade in SQ when using RCA cable "Y" adapters

on
the line level signals?

thanks,
Garrett

Knoll

using a y adapter will cause decrease voltage to each amp. Example/ 1v
signal will split into 0.5 and 0.5volts to each amp. You'll use much more
gain on the amps to compensate and some amps wont work properly unless it is
within a certain level.

Soundfreak03

using a y adapter will cause decrease voltage to each amp. Example/ 1v
signal will split into 0.5 and 0.5volts to each amp. You'll use much more
gain on the amps to compensate and some amps wont work properly unless it is
within a certain level.

Nope. They voltage does not simply split in half. If your using one or 2 splits
your fine, you will not notice a difference. In fact your gain settings
probably wont change at all if all else is equal.

Les
ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

What if I connect the grounds with resistors or whatever?

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
Dont use a Y to combine chennels... By doing so will make EVERYTHING MONO!
Y connectors are not a one way street, the 'Y'ed signals will feed back up
the
line making EVERYTHING MONO!!

Eddie

"ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs" wrote:

What about if you use one to combine two channels, instead of split? Any
difference?

Oh, and do you need to use resistors, or does it make any difference

Eddie?

(not trying to argue, just wondering your opinion as I am not sure
myself....)

Thx

Eddie Runner

many amps have combiners built in
many electronic xovers have combiners built in

dont do it with Y connectors

Actually, it sont hurt anything
go ahead and try it.... this may be the best way
for you to learn....

Eddie

THE FAQ IS OLD

"=E3=DE0=E7=E3|=FF=DEs" wrote:

Well how come the RAC FAQ says to do that????

What alternatives are there to using a Y adapter to make a signal mono?=