Unknown rectifier?

Old February 22nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Unknown rectifier?

Today thew mail brought me a couple of valves/tubes.
Unfortunatlely there's nothing left of the markings!
- So, now im trying to ask the experts at RAT:
" Does any of You know what tube it is? "
- I think it could be a Philips. This based on the form of the glass, It
looks quite like a F443N
http://ww.hupse.nl/radio/tubes/F443.htm

I have posted a couple of pics at "dk.binaer" under "tube/rör"

Can any of you help me raise the glow?

Best regards
Tonni

Old February 23rd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Have posted a couple of pics he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1294.jpg
And he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1291.jpg

Hope theres any of you that have seen one before...
And can enlighten me :-)

Best regards
Tonni

k...

Old February 24th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Tonni wrote:

> Have posted a couple of pics he
> http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1294.jpg

Gee, this photo is rather like looking up a lady's skirt.

But no grid up there!

> And he
> http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1291.jpg
>
> Hope theres any of you that have seen one before...
> And can enlighten me :-)

I have no idea about these rectifiers....

Patrick Turner.

Old February 24th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Unknown rectifier?-->Mullard FW4/500

Tonni,

these appear to be Mullard FW4/500. They're Philips' AZ50 equivalent but
MUCH better sounding.

Cheers Dieter

Old February 24th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Tonni wrote:
> Hi Patrick!
>
> You're quite right! - Pure po.. :-)
>
> - By the way. She's 15.5 cm. tall, and some beautifull figures...
>
> There's a little quriousity in "her". "She's" a halfwave rectifier!
> ( only 3 connections out of the tube )
> I guess the dual system is made to keep the sice of the bottle to a
> minimum...
>
> Have a friend Who's been collecing tubes for 40 years, and he has'nt seen
> one before...
> Another friend has been a radioamateur for just as long, and he has'nt
> either.
>
> So...
>
> Best regards
> Tonni

Hi Tonni

I had been looking before but hesitated to answer because what
I found was a halfwave rectifier.
Now that you confirm this I am 99% positive in:

What you have is a Philips, 4686
It is mentioned in part 2 of the Dutch version of the Philips book
"electronenbuizen" ( electrontubes ) in a table on page 304
as a Rectifiertube for "amplifier installations"

Kathode 4V - 1,3A
Vmax 1000V Imax 75mA
Size ( without pins ) 145 x 60mm
Pinout is not hard to find out

Unfortunately this is all I could find.
But the support inside the tube that is visible on your picture
is also found in other Philips tubes of the same age and model.

Andre
Old February 25th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

DOUV!

Forgot the URL! - It comes he
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roeh...-Seite/RGN.htm

And the tubes were G 4400 & G 4004...
- It seems, to me, that it's a G 4004 Valvo. - Dos'nt it?

By the way. - Do'nt make serious typing with 3 small kids fooling around
your legs! :-D

Best regards
Tonni