Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tonni

Default Unknown rectifier?

Today thew mail brought me a couple of valves/tubes.
Unfortunatlely there's nothing left of the markings!
- So, now im trying to ask the experts at RAT:
" Does any of You know what tube it is? "
- I think it could be a Philips. This based on the form of the glass, It
looks quite like a F443N
http://ww.hupse.nl/radio/tubes/F443.htm

I have posted a couple of pics at "dk.binaer" under "tube/rör"

Can any of you help me raise the glow?

Best regards
Tonni

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tonni

Have posted a couple of pics he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1294.jpg
And he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1291.jpg

Hope theres any of you that have seen one before...
And can enlighten me :-)

Best regards
Tonni

"Tonni" skrev i en meddelelse
k...
Today thew mail brought me a couple of valves/tubes.
Unfortunatlely there's nothing left of the markings!
- So, now im trying to ask the experts at RAT:
" Does any of You know what tube it is? "
- I think it could be a Philips. This based on the form of the glass, It
looks quite like a F443N
http://ww.hupse.nl/radio/tubes/F443.htm

I have posted a couple of pics at "dk.binaer" under "tube/rör"

Can any of you help me raise the glow?

Best regards
Tonni

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

Tonni wrote:

Have posted a couple of pics he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1294.jpg

Gee, this photo is rather like looking up a lady's skirt.

But no grid up there!

And he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1291.jpg

Hope theres any of you that have seen one before...
And can enlighten me :-)

I have no idea about these rectifiers....

Patrick Turner.

Best regards
Tonni

"Tonni" skrev i en meddelelse
k...
Today thew mail brought me a couple of valves/tubes.
Unfortunatlely there's nothing left of the markings!
- So, now im trying to ask the experts at RAT:
" Does any of You know what tube it is? "
- I think it could be a Philips. This based on the form of the glass, It
looks quite like a F443N
http://ww.hupse.nl/radio/tubes/F443.htm

I have posted a couple of pics at "dk.binaer" under "tube/rör"

Can any of you help me raise the glow?

Best regards
Tonni

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
valvesr4me

Default Unknown rectifier?--Mullard FW4/500

Tonni,

these appear to be Mullard FW4/500. They're Philips' AZ50 equivalent but
MUCH better sounding.

Cheers Dieter

Have posted a couple of pics he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1294.jpg
And he
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...l/IMG_1291.jpg

Hope theres any of you that have seen one before...
And can enlighten me :-)

Best regards
Tonni

"Tonni" skrev i en meddelelse
k...
Today thew mail brought me a couple of valves/tubes.
Unfortunatlely there's nothing left of the markings!
- So, now im trying to ask the experts at RAT:
" Does any of You know what tube it is? "
- I think it could be a Philips. This based on the form of the glass, It
looks quite like a F443N
http://ww.hupse.nl/radio/tubes/F443.htm

I have posted a couple of pics at "dk.binaer" under "tube/rör"

Can any of you help me raise the glow?

Best regards
Tonni

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre

Tonni wrote:
Hi Patrick!

You're quite right! - Pure po.. :-)

- By the way. She's 15.5 cm. tall, and some beautifull figures...

There's a little quriousity in "her". "She's" a halfwave rectifier!
( only 3 connections out of the tube )
I guess the dual system is made to keep the sice of the bottle to a
minimum...

Have a friend Who's been collecing tubes for 40 years, and he has'nt seen
one before...
Another friend has been a radioamateur for just as long, and he has'nt
either.

So...

Best regards
Tonni

Hi Tonni

I had been looking before but hesitated to answer because what
I found was a halfwave rectifier.
Now that you confirm this I am 99% positive in:

What you have is a Philips, 4686
It is mentioned in part 2 of the Dutch version of the Philips book
"electronenbuizen" ( electrontubes ) in a table on page 304
as a Rectifiertube for "amplifier installations"

Kathode 4V - 1,3A
Vmax 1000V Imax 75mA
Size ( without pins ) 145 x 60mm
Pinout is not hard to find out

Unfortunately this is all I could find.
But the support inside the tube that is visible on your picture
is also found in other Philips tubes of the same age and model.

Andre

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tonni

DOUV!

Forgot the URL! - It comes he
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roeh...-Seite/RGN.htm

And the tubes were G 4400 & G 4004...
- It seems, to me, that it's a G 4004 Valvo. - Dos'nt it?

By the way. - Do'nt make serious typing with 3 small kids fooling around
your legs! :-D

Best regards
Tonni

Hi again!

Think the riddle is solved!!!

Fell over the following url where, near the buttom, there's a picture of a
RGN4400 and a RGN4004 from VALVO.

- What's your opinion?

Best regards
Tonni

"Tonni" skrev i en meddelelse
k...
Hi again!

Many thanx for the infos!
- Sounds quite interesting!

But! - I just examined the tube again. And I'm sorry to say that i was
wrong when posted that it was a half vave..
I found out that the tube has 4 lead's out. 3 at the normal positions and
one "hidden" behind the metal-standee.
So, it has to be a full-vave after all...

By the vay, the pictures i link'ed to earlier, has been moved. - And a
couple added...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r/IMG_1308.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r/IMG_1302.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r/IMG_1291.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r/IMG_1294.jpg

While searching for more info i fell over:
http://www.hts-homepage.de/TechnischesMuseum/TM06.html
It seems they're also looking for a ansver... :-/
- Look at the right tube in the lover lineup.

Now i'm, really, out for a ansver!!!

Best regards
Tonni

"Andre" skrev i en meddelelse