Reducing V-sampler latency?

Old February 7th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Reducing V-sampler latency?

So I just got this Steinway sample for V-sampler....however they is very
noticeable delay from the time I press a key on my keyboard to when the
sound comes out. How can I fix this from happening? I have an Athlon
1700XP, 512 Megs Ram, Windows 2000, Sonar 4 PE.

--

Phillip S.
~Pilot, Aircraft Dispatcher, and Audio Newbie Extraordinaire!

Old February 8th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Are you running V-sampler as a plugin in Sonar instead of standalone?
If so, you need to adjust Sonar's latency, and be using a low latency
driver mode--WDM or ASIO. Set your soundcard's audio buffers to a
smaller setting and if using WDM, move the latency slider to a lower
setting.

In my Sonar 4PE (which you mentioned you have) manual, p.637-638 talks
about this. Or look up latency in the help and Audio Options

f.S. Tons of cheapgear Cheapgear1 Pro Audio 2 February 23rd 12 03:25 AM
F.S. tons of gear for sale, keys, modules, pro audio, etc Cheapgear1 Pro Audio 5 February 19th 12 12:29 AM
Reducing latency V-Sampler Phillip Pro Audio 0 February 7th 06 07:22 PM
USB audio cards latency TiGr Pro Audio 0 May 10th 04 07:55 AM
Neundo2 & Presonus Firestation (latency issue) Lost Pro Audio 3 March 29th 04 04:39 AM