How do you test a Selenium Rectifier?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 2nd 18, 07:30 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair

Default How do you test a Selenium Rectifier?

How do you test a Selenium Rectifier?

Yes, I am aware that they should be replaced, but on preliminary tests
of this 1956 Zenith tube AM-FM Radio, I want to know if it's working. My
digital multimeter shows 1meg in one direction, 2.5 meg the other way.
NOT DISCONNECTED FROM THE CIRCUIT. To me, that seems bad, but I have not
worked with one of these in many years, and never had to replace one in
the old days. My meter was climbing, probably from the filter caps.
during this test.

selenium rectifier spice model robert casey Vacuum Tubes 2 January 20th 07 09:10 AM
5z3 rectifier Lewis Vacuum Tubes 2 December 2nd 06 03:41 AM
Unknown rectifier? Tonni Vacuum Tubes 5 February 25th 06 03:29 PM
6CA4 and a Selenium rectifier Al Marcy Vacuum Tubes 1 February 10th 05 02:51 AM
Best 5Y3 Rectifier? BoB Vacuum Tubes 12 May 29th 04 11:16 PM