delvryboy

Default The FAQ needs a major update

i didn't mean verbatim, but i could use the info and knowledge within the
FAQ, rewrite it, and list it as a reference
"thelizman" wrote in message
delvryboy wrote:
actually, now that i am seeing beyond some of the childlike behavior of

the
senior rac members....

Don't you think your own immaturity had something to do with this issue?
We didn't come to CAF and start assing your forum up - you came here.

however, the majority of the information is very basic and general
knowledge...i could basically copy it word for word, remove anything

that
had to do with rac, call it the CAF FAQ, and it would be entirely legal

No, it wouldn't. It'd be called plagiarism, and it would get you in very
serious trouble legally. Any individual who contributed to the FAQ
granted license to the FAQ maintainer to reproduce that text. Copying
something verbatim gives them the legal right to sue you for damages.

Don't they teach about plagiarism and academic honesty anymore?

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

Default delvryboy on how to screw things up for other people

i would still prefer RAC over forums....

i also like the age old mailing lists!
Im prolly subscribed to 15 or more of them)

forums are prolly my number 3

Eddie Runner

delvryboy wrote:

while combining both formats is horrible on both parts...

can you honesty say that if the teamROCS forum had the broad membership and
content that is currently on rac...would you still find rac faster and
better?

even using it the correct way, i find it very basic and harder on the eyes
"thelizman" wrote in message
delvryboy wrote:
* the problem is...it like throwing my pen and paper away, and using a

stick in the dirt

Ironic, since a real newsreader is so much more feature rich, faster,
and more efficient than that crappy web page you are on.

It's not hard. If you don't like it, get out of our dirt. It's a simple
request. You don't want to be here. We don't want you here. Leave. Go
away. Stop screwing it up for the people who do like it here.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

thelizman wrote:

No, it wouldn't. It'd be called plagiarism, and it would get you in very
serious trouble legally. Any individual who contributed to the FAQ
granted license to the FAQ maintainer to reproduce that text. Copying
something verbatim gives them the legal right to sue you for damages.

Carefull Liz, you almost look like the goofy basteard from CAF that
posted all the legal mumbo jumbo... He wouldnt really sue anyone if
they were dancin on his own mothers face... I already called his
bluff over on CAF....

Technicly anyone can sue anyone for anything....

In real life, it would be unlikely in this case, and it wouldnt be up to
you and me it would be up to IAN to pursue any legal action..

I betcha Lee turns loose of the FAQ and writes his own..So none of this
threateneing talk will even be nessisary....

I love ya Liz, but I dont like folks with bull**** threats... Let them
do it, but we dont need to...

Everyone knows the RAC FAQ is for RAC not forems..

Eddie Runner

MZ

however, the majority of the information is very basic and general
knowledge...i could basically copy it word for word, remove anything that
had to do with rac, call it the CAF FAQ, and it would be entirely legal

Why not write your own? I wouldn't want my name attached to a CAF document
(even though it has already been so without my permission). Not because of
disdain for CAF, but because I don't check that forum in order to provide a
rebuttal to any criticisms or complaints that people may have with my
writings.

Eddie Runner

Default The CAssF mentality needs a major update

im a lover not a speller...
spellin checkers are too much trouble.

delvryboy wrote:

i know there is a spell checker...i honestly don't see anyone else using it,
so why should i care?

the more you make personal attacks, the more i shall hang around
"thelizman" wrote in message
delvryboy wrote:
actually, you have never tryed to explain anything

snip

You just don't get it. We have told you people time and time again what
is expected of you on this forum. I have gone so fare as to spell it out
in detail. You inparticular have flaunted your disrespect of this medium.

how have i done this, i have tried to post the correct way since i have
entered this newsgroup...

It's not that we haven't "tried" (spell checkers are included in many
newsgroup readers, by the way), it's that you haven't given a care. Now
stop trying to act like you're some kind of victim of circumstance. You
and most of your CAF buddies are arrogant crapflooding trolls with no
respect for anything.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

no **** Mark, I agree write thier own.... My spelling and my gramer
may not be the best in the world but I am damn proud of my own
tech papers and I didnt copy nothn from nobody.... It would be
embarassing to me to steal something like that....

Eddie Runner

MZ wrote:

however, the majority of the information is very basic and general
knowledge...i could basically copy it word for word, remove anything that
had to do with rac, call it the CAF FAQ, and it would be entirely legal

Why not write your own? I wouldn't want my name attached to a CAF document
(even though it has already been so without my permission). Not because of
disdain for CAF, but because I don't check that forum in order to provide a
rebuttal to any criticisms or complaints that people may have with my
writings.

thelizman

Default delvryboy on how to screw things up proper

delvryboy wrote:
can you honesty say that if the teamROCS forum had the broad membership and
content that is currently on rac...would you still find rac faster and
better?

Yes. NNTP servers hosted on an ISPs network respond more quickly, and
require less memory/cpu time to display. The threading is done
intelligently, and I can even set up filters to highlight topics of
interest.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
sancho

"delvryboy" wrote in message

while combining both formats is horrible on both parts...

agreed

can you honesty say that if the teamROCS forum had the broad membership

and
content that is currently on rac...would you still find rac faster and
better?

of course... we've all had access to dozens of high traffic web forums...
just like everyone else... we like it better here, plain and simple...

even using it the correct way, i find it very basic and harder on the eyes

the basic nature of it is my favorite part... and what's so hard on the eyes
about black and white? (many newsreaders have an option to change display
colors and fonts, btw)
--
sancho

thelizman

Default delvry the racist

delvryboy wrote:
sorry, the Sombrero of asshats is reserved for poncho

sancho esta un gringo.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
sancho

Default The CAssF needs a major update

"delvryboy" wrote in message

i have never, i say never, seen anyone so interested in asshats

that's the nicest thing anyone has said about me in ages...
--
sancho

thelizman

delvryboy wrote:
i didn't mean verbatim, but i could use the info and knowledge within the
FAQ, rewrite it, and list it as a reference

There's nothing at all wrong with that. Maybe you should, it'd save Lee
some grief and might give some credibility back to CAF.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:

Technicly anyone can sue anyone for anything....

In real life, it would be unlikely in this case, and it wouldnt be up to
you and me it would be up to IAN to pursue any legal action..

Believe it or not, Ed, this happens alot. Cases of plagiarism are
handled either by an arbitor or in the case of academic dishonesty, but
a faculty board.

Hell, SCO is suing anyone they can over 6 lines in the Linux operating
system they contributed a few years ago when they were known as Caldera.
They may not have much of a case, but their spending millions and in
turn costing others millions.

I love ya Liz, but I dont like folks with bull**** threats... Let them
do it, but we dont need to...

I wasn't threatening barratry. I was letting the guy know what could
happen if he copied the wrong persons stuff verbatim (which is what it
sounded like he was saying).

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Default delvry boy gets defensive

Eddie Runner wrote:
im a lover not a speller...

Nice line. So 1980's. Aaah...nostalgia.

spellin checkers are too much trouble.

That's fine. You refuse to acknowledge the other 99% of the post and
gripe about once polite suggestion. Typical CAF mentality.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
sancho

Default The CAssF mentality needs a major update, and how!

"delvryboy" wrote in message

actually, you have never tryed to explain anything

sure i did

see for example my post entitled "if you are reading this on a web forum"
from 2-17-04

if you can't find it on your local server or on the CAssF inhole, try
groups.google.com

all you have said is that we are asshats/clowns, idiots, and that we have

no
clue how to access usernet

that's not all i said... but you got the gist of it, i think...

why not try and teach eveyone, or direct them to a link that explains how

use it correctly....

i did, asshat

wait...

the lizzman already did that

me, too... and i believe i did it FIRST

it's one thing to be an ass like the liz...but it is even worse to be his
dim-witted, homosexual sidekick

oh no you didn't... i may be dimwitted and homosexual, but i'm NOBODY'S
sidekick...
--
sancho

sancho

Default The LEE needs a major update

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message

It would be
embarassing to me to steal something like that....

i dunno how lee does it...
--
sancho
i'm even embarrassed FOR him

sancho

Default The FAQ needs a major update-003

"thelizman" wrote in message

I wasn't threatening barratry. I was letting the guy know what could
happen if he copied the wrong persons stuff verbatim (which is what it
sounded like he was saying).

"word for word" does sound a lot like "verbatim"
--
sancho
i have a dictionary

Eddie Runner

happens alot is a subjective term....
compared to how often it doesnt happen at all
I dont see anyway in heck that it can be called alot.

Although, it certainly could happen if IAN wanted to
take it somewhere (legally).. But still it would likely be
over as soon as Ians lawyer sent the first cease and
desist order ...

Never make it to what you might call SERIOUS trouble...

thelizman wrote:

Believe it or not, Ed, this happens alot. Cases of plagiarism are
handled either by an arbitor or in the case of academic dishonesty, but
a faculty board.

Don Hills

In article m,
94StealthRT/TT m wrote:
What is a newbie? You are clearly an ignorant *a*ss; don’t you ever
have a point beyond giving your fingers some exercise by dancing them
randomly over the keyboard? You're just another Internet-addicted idiot
suffering from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the mind.
Newbie this, Newbie that…you guy’s are in your own little world, 90% of
the individuals you are calling newbie’s not only have more field
experience then you, but also OWN there own audio companies you
cluster*f*ucked, brother-humping, latex-slurping, dick-gobbling,
zit-popping, *c*ock-brained *c*ock jockey!

Nice. You kiss your mother with that mouth? Why should I take you seriously?
You're clearly not capable of advancing a reasoned argument.

By "newbie", I mean he hasn't yet learned to do some basic research before
asking to have his own head handed to him on a plate. Hopefully he'll
learn, just as all new Usenet users (and CAF members, for that matter) users
have to.

Look at it this way: When you enter a party or bar, do you walk up to the
first group of people you see and start shooting your mouth off? Of course
not. You stand and listen long enough to get a feel for the group dynamic
before opening your mouth.

Part of the problem in this case is that CAF and rec.audio.car have
different dynamics and conventions. The quoting issue is one such - in CAF,
quoting is almost unknown because the full thread history is only a click
away. On Usenet, news servers historically held only a few days to a month's
worth of old posts. That problem has largely gone away, but the habit of
quoting persists. I can understand both points of view - I used to be a
regular on the old Compuserve, where quoting was discouraged.

This wouldn't normally be a problem, because it's not hard to adjust your
style according to where you post. It boils down to, "When in Rome..."
But in this case, Lee has made it impossible to do so by linking CAF and
r.a.p together. It's almost impossible to post in a way that won't offend
some members of one or other of the groups. For this reason, I intend to
strongly support any move to break the cross-posting link.

Don Hills

Default LEE has no class! (and he ain't the only one)

In article ,
thelizman wrote:

That's typically because the vinyl recording is the only source material
available. The audio "tape" used in the old days degraded quickly (and
for really old recordings, the tape was a wire strand). Vinyl degrades
every playing. Still, old Vinyl LPs (like those from Telarc) are still
the most accurate and precise sound reproduction methods available.
Technically, they always will be (unless someone comes up with a
vector-based audio codec).

You really ought to go and talk with an experienced vinyl mastering engineer.
He'll set you straight on just how much they have to *******ise the audio to
get it onto the vinyl. What you hear is often quite different to what was
on the original master tape. That's one of the reasons why early CD reissues of
vinyl often sounded brighter and harsher than the vinyl - you were simply
getting what was on the master. (Yes, I know that early ADCs weren't the
best either.) Nowadays, mastering engineers have learned to do better than
simple transcriptions of the master, and modern audio systems are usually
designed with digital sources in mind.

(C) Copyright Don Hills, 2004. Reproduction of this post anywhere other than
in a Usenet newsgroup is expressly forbidden.

thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:
are you callin me a CAFer ..???

I dont think your watching who your responding to
change boyee....

delvryboy was in this message heirarchy somewhere. CAF must've assed it up.

Incidentally, "Calfer" is South African slang for a poor rural person
(usually black). Guess who took care of the cattle.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:
happens alot is a subjective term....
compared to how often it doesnt happen at all
I dont see anyway in heck that it can be called alot.

Fine, how about "happens more often then it should in an enlightened
society".

Although, it certainly could happen if IAN wanted to
take it somewhere (legally).. But still it would likely be
over as soon as Ians lawyer sent the first cease and
desist order ...

Hell, it'd be over before Ian got his bill.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
94StealthRT/TT

I have nothing against Tom Nousaine; in fact I admire the guy. Les mad
a derogatory comment about him and I responded accordingly.

thelizman wrote:
*94StealthRT/TT wrote:
Tom Nousane? OMFG, It's remarkable how large a part ignorance play

in
making a man satisfied with himself.

Funny, that's exactly what we've been saying about all you clueless
fools from CAF who can't figure out how to use a real newsreader.

And what's your beef with Nousaine? He actually contributes to this
forum - don't go talking **** about him.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FA
either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://tinyurl.com/26ps5 It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://tinyurl.com/32vo6
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its conten
anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of th
author
is forbidden.

-
94StealthRT/T
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

delvryboy

thelizman wrote:
*No, just ones like you. Luckily you've gladly demonstrated this fo
us.

I believe "moron", "asshat", and "assclown" have also been used.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FA
either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://tinyurl.com/26ps5 It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://tinyurl.com/32vo6
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its conten
anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of th
author
is forbidden. * :rolleyes

-
delvrybo
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

thumperfbc

thelizman wrote:
*
Where'd you hear this? A completely accurate reproduction would b
most
people's definition of sonic perfection. While vinyl certainl
doesn't
have the numbers compared to CDDA (Dynamic Range, S/N, etc), under
optimal conditions in a double blind A/B few people can tell a
difference. Those that can (or at least claim to and beat the
probability) often prefer the vinyl. There's something to be sai
for
the precision of an analog recording as opposed to the sibilant
gratedness of PCM encoded digital audio.

Just a side note: you have to be the first (and thus far only
person
posting from CAF that has displayed a degree of maturity (on top o
the
ability to quote). Are there more like you? Can you send them over?

--
*

First, thank you for the compliment. Yes there are some mature peopl
hanging around CAF... Some... Not many... But some.

Secondly: Good points on recording... Just as some background, I d
happen to work in pro audio field, but not as a designer, but a
operator/engineer... Engineer in the sense of mixing...

Anyways, given my age (just shy of 21), my experience with vinly is no
vast, but sufficient... I do understand it is considered by many to b
"pure" and what have you, but its not for me... I tend to think it ha
a limited dynamic range, but thats from listening, not numbers.

And regarding blind A/B testing... Very correct! I am of the opinio
that most people in the world think they hear better than they do..
I'm almost certainly included. But given my profession, I do have
more perceptive ear than most, and given a decent set of speakers,
don't believe I would have much trouble distinguishing between vinyl o
say... PCM... Of course, there are dozens of varaibles, but you ar
well aware of that and I see no need to go into them.

Anywho, what does it really matter? Sound is about perception... It
subjective... The single most important thing about it is if it please
the person listening, and that is the bottom line.

oh, and BTW, since I got a beautiful demo of DSD recording of a worl
class orchestra on the most intoxicating sound system I've ever hear
at AES in 2002, I've been a DSD fan over PCM. But again, persona
taste.

Good day
-
thumperfb
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17860

delvryboy

Default The FAQ needs a major update and some popcorn

sancho wrote:
*nobody is proposing that CAssF be shut down...

we just want the assing to stop...

if you guys want to provide access to rec.audio.car, put up
tutorial
on how to access usenet...

if you want people to have access to the rec.audio.car faq, link t
it...

we don't want to keep people out... we want to keep poorly threade
and
formatted messages out... and keep people from providing outdated,
altered or unauthorized versions of the rac-faq...

when people post poorly using newsreaders that are designed fo
usenet,
you will find us expalining to them how to properly quote and repl
threads...

the fact is that your forum is incapable of conforming to usenet
standards of etiquette...
--
sancho * what is the proper procedure....and is this particular post correct

-
delvrybo
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17902

delvryboy

"thelizman" wrote in message
Eddie Runner wrote:
[...]

nice try, i have been posting via a newsreader for 2 days

that was eddie himself commenting on your previous spelling diss towards me,
because as you know, eddie is not the best of spellers

thelizman

94StealthRT/TT wrote:
I have nothing against Tom Nousaine; in fact I admire the guy. Les made
a derogatory comment about him and I responded accordingly.

You didn't respond "accordingly", you merely reciprocated.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

delvryboy wrote:
* what is the proper procedure....and is this particular post correct?

Unfortunately no. You need to double-return after the text you are quoting.

The fix would be fore ol Lee to change the vbb settings from Western
ISO-8859-1 to the usenet standard UTF-8 for text encoding. It may merely
be that it is treating carraige returns wrongly.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

delvryboy wrote:

that was eddie himself commenting on your previous spelling diss towards me,
because as you know, eddie is not the best of spellers

Eddie was one of the first people ever hookt on fonicks. But he knows
his ****. The man has routinely taught (often bitter lessons) to guys
like Richard Clark and Tom Nousaine.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

John Durbin

"Calfer"?

I believe the term you are referring to is "kaffir"... there are some
spelling variations but "calfer" ain't one of them.

JD

thelizman wrote:

Eddie Runner wrote:

are you callin me a CAFer ..???

I dont think your watching who your responding to
change boyee....

delvryboy was in this message heirarchy somewhere. CAF must've assed
it up.

Incidentally, "Calfer" is South African slang for a poor rural person
(usually black). Guess who took care of the cattle.

John Durbin

bull ... quite a large amount of vinyl releases are backed up by the
original studio taped tracks - how exactly do you think they "digitally
remaster" old analog releases? And, the tape originals lack the pops and
clicks of vinyl surfaces that have been played a few times.

FWIW, cassette is worse about storage in general than open reel and I
still have a large collection of very high fidelity cassettes made in
the late 70's sitting in my closet.

JD

thelizman wrote:

delvryboy wrote:

i believe the record is part of the musical experience....some thing
that i have heard digitally recorded that originaly was on vinyl don't
seem to have the same sound

That's typically because the vinyl recording is the only source
material available. The audio "tape" used in the old days degraded
quickly (and for really old recordings, the tape was a wire strand).
Vinyl degrades every playing. Still, old Vinyl LPs (like those from
Telarc) are still the most accurate and precise sound reproduction
methods available. Technically, they always will be (unless someone
comes up with a vector-based audio codec).

John Durbin

Default LEE has no class! (and he ain't the only one, by far)

yeah, there's a couple that might grow on ya...

JD
recruiting time

sancho wrote:

sl2perfect wrote:

Lizman=TheLizard=gay
--
sl2perfect
CarAssioForum.com - Usenet Inhole w/over one million posts online!

he's really got you pegged, liz
--
sancho
witty AND insightful... i'm starting to like these guys...

MZ

FWIW, cassette is worse about storage in general than open reel and I
still have a large collection of very high fidelity cassettes made in
the late 70's sitting in my closet.

Did you make the tapes while sitting in the closet, or are the tapes of you
sitting in the closet?

John Durbin

Yeah, it turned out well in the end but you would have ended up even
cooler if you'd started out here :-)

JD

Regal1975 wrote:

What is the point of a FAQ? To facilitate in the search for information.
RAC and CAF both exist for this purpose, though by different means.
Why should these two mediums not co-exist if by this cooperative
sharing of information, people would have easier access to this
information?

I did a search on google for car audio faq and was of course directed
to the rac faq, next i searched for car audio forum and was of course
directed to www.caraudioforum.com. Deja-vu, i happened to have done
this same thing back in the late 90's. Both of these have very valuable
information on them, but honestly, for someone E-retarded such as
myself, i found caf to be easier to use, so i have been a visitor of
that site since then.

It honestly makes no sense to me why people can be so beligerent about
someone trying to help people out?? Perhaps you should put a password
on rac that blocks out everyone who is new or perhaps not a 20yr
installer, that way you could be sure that ignorant "assclowns" dont
stumble their way into something informative, making your lives so much
easier. Im sure that is what you would have wanted "thelizman", "Mark
Zarella", etc.. when you started your career out.

I luckily stumbled into www.caraudioforum.com several years ago, found
a hobby/career that i love and with help from forum members ive managed
to compete at several world finals, become an installer leading a
regional chain in installs, and countless other things i would have
never even begun to know about due to the support i found on
www.caraudioforum.com back when i was a newbie. Now im sure you guys
will knock me down for not being installing back when 8 tracks were
new, and feel free to, nice to know you would rather put someone down
rather than share your vast experiences. I am sure this probably wasnt
the intent of RAC.

Stephen Matthews
Installer/US Marine
--
Regal1975
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=176471

thelizman

John Durbin wrote:
"Calfer"?

I believe the term you are referring to is "kaffir"... there are some
spelling variations but "calfer" ain't one of them.

The Arabic word for "infidel"? I'm not sure how that came in. I know
"calfer" is the wrong spelling, though.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

John Durbin wrote:
bull ... quite a large amount of vinyl releases are backed up by the
original studio taped tracks - how exactly do you think they "digitally
remaster" old analog releases? And, the tape originals lack the pops and
clicks of vinyl surfaces that have been played a few times.

Pay attention to the context old man. I'm not talking about every vinyl
recording. I'm talking about recordings where the vinyl is the only
source material, and that's why the recording came from the vinyl and
not the source tapes.

FWIW, cassette is worse about storage in general than open reel and I
still have a large collection of very high fidelity cassettes made in
the late 70's sitting in my closet.

"Tape" recording didn't start in the 70's. The first "tape" recording
device was made in the 1950's, with metal wire going back to the 40's.
That's the point I was making.

You're killing me dude. Go eat a burrito or something.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
sancho

Default The FAQ needs a major update and some popcorn and gummi bears

"thelizman" wrote in message

The fix would be fore ol Lee to change the vbb settings from Western
ISO-8859-1 to the usenet standard UTF-8 for text encoding. It may merely
be that it is treating carraige returns wrongly.

that won't fix our little problem with the forum breaking threads whenever a
subject line changes...
--
sancho