Crni

Default Help - vented enclosure

I want to make vented enclosure (48 l) for R-type 1221D subwoofer(Alpine).I
heve a little problem - I dont know which dimensions of port should I put
in? I was thinking about putting 2 ports - 7,2cm in diameter and about 20cm
long.!?-Should that be enough for that enclosure? Dimensions of enclosure
a 50x32x40.

Thanks for any advice!

thelizman

Crni wrote:
I want to make vented enclosure (48 l) for R-type 1221D subwoofer(Alpine).I
heve a little problem - I dont know which dimensions of port should I put
in? I was thinking about putting 2 ports - 7,2cm in diameter and about 20cm
long.!?-Should that be enough for that enclosure? Dimensions of enclosure
a 50x32x40.

You can download the owners manual if you don't already have it.

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/html/asb/...r-1221d_om.pdf

It will give you the Theile-Small parameters. You can then plug these
into a program like Blaubox and it'll give you dimensions for ports and
frequency response graphs for the enclosure. The good thing about this
is that you can play with volume and port sizes to get the output you want.

http://diyaudiocorner.tripod.com/software.htm

Good luck.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.