bucko

Default Hard Drive type or Flash Card Portable MP3 Player?

Which design is considered to have better sound quality for use in automobile applications
through an Auxiliary Input to the car's stereo's system. The Flash Card types seem to have
longer battery life and are smaller and lighter but have less capacity. What about the
sound quality?

Opinions? Thanks

Brian Pipa

bucko wrote:

Which design is considered to have better sound quality for use in automobile applications
through an Auxiliary Input to the car's stereo's system. The Flash Card types seem to have
longer battery life and are smaller and lighter but have less capacity. What about the
sound quality?

The sound quality should be (nearly) the same. If you are getting it
mainly for the car, get one with an auxiliary powere input so you can
run the unit from your car's cigarette lighter.

For Christmas, I got a $30 Audiovox portable MP3 CD player from Target
and I am VERY happy with it so far. I am using it in the car. It has
played every MP3 CD I have thrown at it (from recent burns to 3-4 years
ago) and has only skipped twice. I power it with a $10 cigarette lighter
power adapter.

--
---
MP3 Automagic CD Cover Creator

Arny Krueger

"bucko" wrote in message

Which design is considered to have better sound quality for use in
automobile applications through an Auxiliary Input to the car's
stereo's system. The Flash Card types seem to have longer battery
life and are smaller and lighter but have less capacity. What about
the sound quality?

At this point, the music players designed for use with memory cards are all
players of compressed files. While there are memory cards with capacities up
to a GB or more, they are still relatively small compared to the size of a
respectable collection of .wav files.

In contrast, hard drive-based players like the iPod, the Creative Nomad
Jukebox, and the iRiver IHP-120 have 20 GB or more space, and are effective
players of .wav files.

..wav files are essentially the same information as CD audio tracks, and are
the reference by which the various MP3 and other compressed file
technologies are judged and found to be wanting, either slightly or greatly.
Therefore hard drive players have the capability to sound better than
memory-card-based players. However if you play MP3s on a hard drive player,
its unique sound quality advantage is no doubt lost.

Arny Krueger

"=(8888)=" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

At this point, the music players designed for use with memory cards
are all players of compressed files.

False.

http://www.800stereo.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=8&Prod
uct_Code=marantz-pmd690&Category_Code=digital-audio-players
http://www.proaudioreview.com/par/au...enon-Web.shtml

Be my guest. Try to fit a few thousand .wav files of popular recordings on
it.

George M. Middius

PD said to the Krooborg:

http://www.800stereo.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=8&Prod
uct_Code=marantz-pmd690&Category_Code=digital-audio-players
http://www.proaudioreview.com/par/au...enon-Web.shtml

Be my guest. Try to fit a few thousand .wav files of popular recordings on
it.

So you admit you were wrong.

It also admitted it lied about knowing how to present a clickable URL.

portable MP3-DVD player Jenny General 0 May 23rd 04 06:01 PM
Memory Card Readers for hard drive MP3 players? Gaikokujin Kyofusho General 6 November 15th 03 02:35 PM
can portable cassette recorder record on Type II tapes? 00 General 2 November 10th 03 03:36 PM
Dension DMP3 Car Hard Drive 80GB MP3 Player Review Dan Baxter Car Audio 0 October 1st 03 07:51 AM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM