Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mechanized_robot mechanized_robot is offline

Default FS: Fisher KX-100 Integrated Amplifier / $175.00 USPS MO

I have (1) Fisher integrated amplifier for sale for $175 via USPS MO,
firm. Amplifier does not work properly and needs to be gone through.
Transformers are perfect however and does not appear to need filter
caps. I think it may have been incorrectly assembled originally or
monkeyed with prior to me getting it but without a schematic or the
patience to troubleshoot, I just want to move it. Here it is -

http://home.comcast.net/~mechanized/images/fisher.jpg

More detail -

The amp comes with (2) new Sylvania 12AX7's but you will need to
procure (4) additional 12AX7's. The 7868's are good, 3 test strong but
one is iffy and should be replaced. I have also installed repro knob
caps on all the knobs. Faceplate is near mint as well. Chassis has the
usual Fisher spottiness but is not terrible. The bottom cover of the
amp is not original but fits OK and has what appear to be the correct
feet. Overall, this amp presents very nicely.

I am also tired of eBay and having been stiffed the last few listings,
I am going to try this the old fashioned way, posting an FS to
rec.audio.tubes which I haven't done in nearly 10 years. Consder this
my bold defiance of eBay and the desire for things the way they once
were.

If you are interested in this amp, email me at .
I can also provide you with my eBay ID with over 450 solid feedbacks.
I am in the Boston area.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On May 9, 3:16 pm, mechanized_robot
wrote:
[...]

YO WEST!!

Here is a near-perfect learning project for you. Fisher amps are quite
forgiving, well-supported in the after-market, and after taking this
very nice if rather simple beast through the full range of
troubleshooting and bringing it back up to full operational condition,
you will not only actually learn something, but have quite a viable
piece that you may be able to sell at a profit (assuming you do
reasonably good work) to get your next piece and maybe learn from
that.

It even has a not-half-bad phono pre-amp section that will not give
you "congestion".

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

[...]

Wyncote, PA- Hide quoted text -

Peter:

Is the price fair?

I looked at what similar working & non-working units sold for on eBay
and then priced this one well under them. (My thinking is that by
offering it here, an enthusiast might benefit.)

Comments appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

wrote:

[...]

Comments appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

The price is fair in my direct experience. I would be interested
myself were I not a touch over-full with equipment. As in a van-full
heading to Kutztown for purging this weekend.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your assessment Peter.

Good luck w/ Kutztown, wish I was going.

Our local one up here, NEARfest, had little cool to offer.

Too bad your van-load was not there.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mechanized_robot mechanized_robot is offline

The Fisher has been SOLD