dave weil

Default VCR dies and replacement needed

Yep, my venerable Mitsubishi U57 VCR finally bit the dust, eating a
tape (the door retractor had been acting up in the last month).

While I know that it can be fixed, the idea of spending more than it's
worth is off-putting, especially since the heads must be getting long
in the tooth.

Unfortunately, VCRs are being phased out and it's hard to find
anything other than very expensive models or dirt cheap ones.

Here's the problem. The U57 was an editing deck, which made it very
easy to take commercials out, or make glitch-free transitions between
material.

Here's how it worked:

You started recording and then when you got to the point that you
wanted to take out (or the end of the previous segment), you would hit
a little button called "adjust", which normally activated the shuttle
ring and inner adjust dial, but, when in record mode, would put the
deck into record pause and switch the on-screen picture to the
recorded image (in freeze frame). You would then turn the adjust dial
to advance frame by frame until you found the point where you wanted
to resume. The picture would, in about 3 seconds, switch back to the
live picture and all you had to do was hit the pause button to start
the record mode again.

This made taking out commercials a breeze.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any reaonably priced VCRs that
do this.

Or are there?

Anyone have any practical experience with this in current VCR models?
Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

[...]

After watching this post die on the vine for a day, I'm struck that one
occasionally sees justice in life. One of the leading trashers of RAO as an
audio forum is David Weil. Now that he has a technical question, he posts it
on RAO and the fact that he's been actively working for years to chase
technically competent people off, comes around to bite him.

The question itself is another example of how Weil fails to observe the
direction that modern technology has taken.

The whole concept of editing video on a VCR is totally obsolete. If people
have things like this to do they do it with a computer... But Weil seemingly
can't conceive of computers as anything but vehicles for spewing personal
attacks, stimulated by the boring, depressing life that he leads.

I tried some years ago to convince Weil that computers were a functional
replacement for CD changers and he scoffed at me. Now, people walk around
with special and general purpose portable computers that they use as music
and video storage and playback devices. I've personally got two of them.
I'll bet that bound by his earlier dismissal of them, Weil still has none.

Now that I've suggested that computers are a functional replacement for VCRs
as video editing devices, I'm assured that he will scoff at me again.

dave weil

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:38:19 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

[...]

The only thing I've got to say is that I've already had another RAO
solve my problem by selling me his same era Mitsubishi VCR for a
reasonable price, allowing me to to spend some money on fixing the
tape mechanism, which should cost lest than $75.

Since I have hundreds of VCR tapes, with thousands of hours of
content, I'm happy to continue to use "legacy" technology.

As to any other help needed, I think that silence answered my
question. There *aren't* any editing decks available on the new market
for a reasonable price. That's why I'm going to stick with this era of
Mitsubishi decks.

As to portable computers for music, no I don't have any. I don't have
cassette or CD walkmen either. Maybe this will give you a clue as to
why I haven't embraced digital portable players.

I *knew* you couldn't help yourself in regards to this thread. I'm
just surprised that it took you this long to offer *nothing* in terms
to the questions posed. Thank you for fulfilling my expectations.
Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

I *knew* you couldn't help yourself in regards to this thread.

Shows how clueless you are, Weil. I helped myself very nicely, thank you.

I'm just surprised that it took you this long to offer *nothing* in

terms
to the questions posed.

That would be a lie Weil, and one that I expected you to tell. You're very
predictable.

Thank you for fulfilling my expectations.

Thanks for jumping through the hoop I set up for you, Weil. It's predictable
that you'll reject anything that involves modern technology and bite any
hand that offers a modern solution to your immediate problem. There is no
known solution to your larger problem.

dave weil

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:20:22 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

I *knew* you couldn't help yourself in regards to this thread.

Shows how clueless you are, Weil. I helped myself very nicely, thank you.

I'm just surprised that it took you this long to offer *nothing* in

terms
to the questions posed.

That would be a lie Weil, and one that I expected you to tell. You're very
predictable.

Thank you for fulfilling my expectations.

Thanks for jumping through the hoop I set up for you, Weil. It's predictable
that you'll reject anything that involves modern technology and bite any
hand that offers a modern solution to your immediate problem. There is no
known solution to your larger problem.

So, you expect me to transcribe close to or over a thousand of hours
of archive material and spend probably close to a thousand dollars on
additional hard drive space and/or DVD burners, computer upgrades,
editing software, interfaces simply because I want to continue to view
my archive material as well as dumping the occasional digitally saved
program off of my TIVOesque satellite receiver.

I'd rather spend another $150 on a dual-deck VCR system, which make
editing just as easy as doing it on a computer.

Yes, eventually I *will* probably dump some of the more important
archive material to digital in the future. However, the majority of
the material is stuff that wouldn't benefit from such an arrangement
and is just as easily accessed as currently configured without wasting
countless hours in trascription.

The main reason that I needed a short term solution is that I'm taping
three different language classes on satellite *and* trying to catch
all of the West Wings on videotape and my hard drive space on my
satellite receiver is maxed out. I need to dump them without spending
an arm and a leg on additional hardware and software. Until my deck
died, this wasn't even an issue. Now that I have a replacement for it,
my problem is solved, no thanks to you. But a big shoutout to the RAO
poster who helped me out. Ironically, it was a poster whom you despise
and who thinks is one of the biggest problems with RAO. Thing is, he
stepped to the plate and helped someone else out, shipping the VCR
before he even gets payment. Pretty cool, eh? (I'm sure you can find
something suitbly snarky to say here).

Arny Krueger

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

[...]

If you are going to edit that much stuff, what's the alternative?

I'd rather spend another $150 on a dual-deck VCR system, which make
editing just as easy as doing it on a computer.

Prove that your $150 worth of hardware would make editing just as easy as
doing it on the computer.

Yes, eventually I *will* probably dump some of the more important
archive material to digital in the future. However, the majority of
the material is stuff that wouldn't benefit from such an arrangement
and is just as easily accessed as currently configured without wasting
countless hours in transcription.

Prove that you have to waste as many hours of your personal time to
digitally transcribe the material in question as you claim.

The main reason that I needed a short term solution is that I'm taping
three different language classes on satellite *and* trying to catch
all of the West Wings on videotape and my hard drive space on my
satellite receiver is maxed out.

One thing that going to a computer-based solution would do, is provide a
ready means to expand hard drive space available for video capture.

I need to dump them without spending
an arm and a leg on additional hardware and software.

So where is the bill-of-materials proving that the necessary upgrades would
cost and arm and a leg?

Until my deck
died, this wasn't even an issue.

...in your mind.

Now that I have a replacement for it,
my problem is solved, no thanks to you.

True, I'm not a retailer of retro-technology.

But a big shoutout to the RAO poster who helped me out.

I'm glad that someone had some near-junk to sell you.

Ironically, it was a poster whom you despise
and who thinks is one of the biggest problems with RAO.

The fact that he wheels in deals in retro-technology is irrelevant to his
anti-audio behavior on RAO.

Thing is, he
stepped to the plate and helped someone else out, shipping the VCR
before he even gets payment. Pretty cool, eh? (I'm sure you can find
something suitably snarky to say here).

Been there, done that. Look, I'm used to taking flames for suggesting that
existing technology be used, instead of retro-technology. Especially from
you and your little clique of Luddites, Weil,

dave weil

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

[...]

I don't understand your question.

I'd rather spend another $150 on a dual-deck VCR system, which make
editing just as easy as doing it on a computer.

Prove that your $150 worth of hardware would make editing just as easy as
doing it on the computer.

Prove otherwise. My editing requirements at the moment mostly are
taking commercials out of West Wing episodes and removing dead air
(quiz and activity time) from the language classes (which doesn't
require the sort of frame-by-frame precision of the West Wing
situation.

It's very simple for me to do it as I currently do. I stick in a tape,
start recording from the HD of the receiver, and when I get to the
first commercial, I hit one button, move the adjust dial a few clicks
to find the edit point, fast forward the commercial to the end and
then hit pause again when the commercial is over. 99% of the time, I
nail it the first time. Every once in a while, I have to go back and
redo it. It's quite simple. I do it while watching the episode for the
"first time", so it's all very natural and only takes about 15 or 20
seconds to perform each edit. Pretty simple. Your solution OTOH
strikes me as a solution looking for a problem.

Yes, eventually I *will* probably dump some of the more important
archive material to digital in the future. However, the majority of
the material is stuff that wouldn't benefit from such an arrangement
and is just as easily accessed as currently configured without wasting
countless hours in transcription.

Prove that you have to waste as many hours of your personal time to
digitally transcribe the material in question as you claim.

Well, transcribing over 200 tapes requires a certain amount of set-up
time and occasional monitoring.

The main reason that I needed a short term solution is that I'm taping
three different language classes on satellite *and* trying to catch
all of the West Wings on videotape and my hard drive space on my
satellite receiver is maxed out.

One thing that going to a computer-based solution would do, is provide a
ready means to expand hard drive space available for video capture.

At the moment, I would have to modify my current system to allow for
daisy-chaining of more drives than I currently have. Who knows, maybe
I'll do it in the future. I needed a solution that I could handle THIS
WEEK, because I've already maxed out the amount of saved programs on
the HD of the receiver and I need to dump or lose.

I need to dump them without spending
an arm and a leg on additional hardware and software.

So where is the bill-of-materials proving that the necessary upgrades would
cost and arm and a leg?

You tell me. You're the computer expert. Please show me how I can do
it without spending over $200 (and this includes the requisite
additional HD space for over a thousand hours of video, or even the
additional space for my current requirement). Keep in mind that my
computer currently only allows two hard drives in its current
configuration (AFAIBT)

Until my deck
died, this wasn't even an issue.

..in your mind.

You can continue to be snide and uncaring about others "needs", or you
can be helpful. So far, you've only shown the faintest glimmer of
being interested in solutions (or being sensitive to the needs and
requirements of another). Help, or don't help - that's up to you. I've
been very polite to you through this entire exchange - but my patience
8does* have its limits.

Now that I have a replacement for it,
my problem is solved, no thanks to you.

True, I'm not a retailer of retro-technology.

And you probably have thrown away your VCRs. You probably don't use
them anymore shrug.

But a big shoutout to the RAO poster who helped me out.

I'm glad that someone had some near-junk to sell you.

It's not 'near-junk" if it plays the hundreds of tapes that I have and
if it does the editing that I need for my current requirements.

Ironically, it was a poster whom you despise
and who thinks is one of the biggest problems with RAO.

The fact that he wheels in deals in retro-technology is irrelevant to his
anti-audio behavior on RAO.

NO it's not. It means that he was willing to help another poster and
didn't profit outrageously from it.

Thing is, he
stepped to the plate and helped someone else out, shipping the VCR
before he even gets payment. Pretty cool, eh? (I'm sure you can find
something suitably snarky to say here).

Been there, done that.

Yep, I was right.

Look, I'm used to taking flames for suggesting that
existing technology be used, instead of retro-technology. Especially from
you and your little clique of Luddites, Weil,

I'm glad that you no longer use a VCR or play any tapes anymore.
That's fine for you. I have different needs though.

Bruce J. Richman

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
[...]

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of what he
fraudently considers an "audio post". Note that it is filled with invective,
personal attacks, and character assassination. And of course, the usual large
helping of Krueger-generated lies is thrown in for good measure.

Perhaps we should start putting in "obligatory audio references" when
responding to this character assassin's never ending personal attacks - since
he evidently considers the mention of any audio term in one of his daily
personal attack posts as somehow magically transforming his character
assassination into ":audio information".

Bruce J. Richman

VCRs still live!

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
[...]

Every SVHS VCR I've owned have had this capability due to having flying
erase heads. The only difference is you didn't push a button to get
into editing mode, you just paused the recording and then used the jog
shuttle to find the edit point. When the jog shuttle was moved during
record-pause the unit temporarily switched to playback mode so you
could locate the edit point, and then once you stopped operating the
jog shuttle it went back into record mode after a few seconds.

I've has several JVC and on Mitsubishi that did this, and as far as I
know most SVHS decks still do this. Also, most SVHS decks that are
mid-priced and higher also have image processing that improves
playback of even standard VHS immensely.

Just look for an SVHS VCR with flying erase heads and you should get
what you are looking for.

Robert Morein

Default Arny Krueger=BAD SCIENTIST!!!

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Dave Weil wrote:

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:38:19 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

[nasty, bad stuff, snipped]

[...]

I concur. Arny Krueger is really a nasty character, as well as being a
***BAD SCIENTIST***.
It increasingly appears that Krueger really has nothing to offer a public
forum except the bitterness in his soul.

Arny's ego is so tied up with his claimed technical expertise that he
doesn't realize that Dave's question was really not very technical. The
feature set of a VCR is known by many people who have prosumer expertise.
And in fact, Dave answered the question quite competently himself.

As someone who has a great interest in film, it's worth noting that there
are many more titles of interest to a buff than have been released on DVD.
Many video stores still carry old VHS titles. In many cases, the film itself
is more important than the medium. In other words, if I can get it only on
VHS, I'm still going to watch it.

But all of this is irrelevant to Arny, a ***BAD SCIENTIST***, with BAD
MANNERS, who bizarrely accused Scott Wheeler, a completely innocent person
of being a sex offender. Arny is so twisted, he never offered any kind of
apology, merely the barest retraction that reserved for himself the right to
renew the accusation at any time.

Dave, in the future, you might want to pick up a used Panasonic AGC-1970,
1980, or 1830. These are very competent prosumer machines.

S888Wheel

Arny is so twisted, he never offered any kind of
apology, merely the barest retraction that reserved for himself the right to
renew the accusation at any time.

I must have missed that. As far as I know, he never made any kind of
retraction.
Robert Morein

"S888Wheel" wrote in message
Arny is so twisted, he never offered any kind of
apology, merely the barest retraction that reserved for himself the right

renew the accusation at any time.

I must have missed that. As far as I know, he never made any kind of
retraction.

He said something, but reserved the right, as if it's an important right, to
re-accuse you should you turn out to be a child molester.
Google Groups should give it to you.
How's the court case coming?

Arny Krueger

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my mind.
Obviously, the man is delusional.

Note that it is filled
with invective, personal attacks, and character assassination.

Just taking the initiative. Based on past experience as I indicated in the
post, it's apparently impossible for David Weil to accept modern technology.

And of course, the usual large helping of Krueger-generated lies is
thrown in for good measure.

Note that this is a claim with zero support.

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
Subject: Note to Arny the liar

"Pulling out a cum-covered hand doesn't count."

"Play all the games you want, but until you deliver, you're nothing but an
impotent fool."

"Cumming in your pocket doesn't count towards ending the impotence."

Typical of David Weil's potty-mouthed behavior on RAO with which Bruce
Richman sees nothing wrong.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my mind.
Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my
mind. Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

While still incredibly lame, this is head and shoulders above your usually
excruciatingly childish posts, sockpuppet Yustabe.

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my mind.
Obviously, the man is delusional.

Note that it is filled
with invective, personal attacks, and character assassination.

Just taking the initiative. Based on past experience as I indicated in the
post, it's apparently impossible for David Weil to accept modern

technology.

Today, when I visited my video store, I asked for the movie JUDE, a little
known classic that got an IMDB 6.9. Unfortunately, it's only available on
VHS at that store. As Dave indicated, he has a considerable investment in
VHS archives, and can't currently replace them. Sometimes it's necessary to
place art above technology.

And of course, the usual large helping of Krueger-generated lies is
thrown in for good measure.

Note that this is a claim with zero support.

The support is in your indictment of Dave when he was simply asking for
help. Don't you see what you've become, Arny? You're a bitter old man -- as
well as a ***BAD SCIENTIST***.

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

"Pulling out a cum-covered hand doesn't count."

"Play all the games you want, but until you deliver, you're nothing but an
impotent fool."

"Cumming in your pocket doesn't count towards ending the impotence."

Typical of David Weil's potty-mouthed behavior on RAO with which Bruce
Richman sees nothing wrong.

Arny, it would be best to respond, rather than initiate. You started it this
time. I would think that being sued would help you recognize that you have a
deficiency in judgment as far as usenet posts are concerned. Your posts have
made you many enemies, and few friends. You think you have a message or
mission, and you are entitled to that belief. But your strident, acid, ugly
assaults make you an ineffective messenger, and leave your legacy of
friendships is impoverished.

Robert Morein

Default peace of mind

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my
mind. Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

While still incredibly lame, this is head and shoulders above your usually
excruciatingly childish posts, sockpuppet Yustabe.

Bruce certainly has the professional qualifications to evaluate your mental
state.
We don't have to read your mind.
You wear your hate on your sleeve.

It is very uncharacteristic of a deeply religious person like yourself to
fall into this trap. I am not personally religious, but I have observed that
most people of faith have a well of strength, and it projects as a positive
aura. You shouldn't allow usenet to live in a separate mind space. Your
antagonists do not deserve your love, but you deserve the peace of mind that
comes with giving love. And I can see that you don't have peace of mind. You
are an incessant axe-grinder, and that comes from inner angst.

Lest you think this advice is cynically given, I actually do wish you well.
My judgment of your technical deficiencies is entirely separate from my
judgement of you as a human being. Unfortunately, you seem to be on the
verge of letting negativity swallow you up. All I can say is, I've been
there, and you need something to pull you back from the brink. I don't think
you'll find it in r.a.o.

S888Wheel

He said something, but reserved the right, as if it's an important right, to
re-accuse you should you turn out to be a child molester.
Google Groups should give it to you.
How's the court case coming?

I don't think that was really Arny.
dave weil

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:02:36 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my mind.
Obviously, the man is delusional.

Note that it is filled
with invective, personal attacks, and character assassination.

Just taking the initiative.

Yes, and that's the problem, isn't it? I didn't show *any* aggression
toward you in the last thread that we interacted in. I didn't really
even want you n *this* thread, but there's nothing I can do to keep
you out of it. Predicatably, you didn't add anything to the discussion
other than invective.

Based on past experience as I indicated in the
post, it's apparently impossible for David Weil to accept modern technology.

Obviously not true considering the amount of modern technology I have
in my house.

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

"Pulling out a cum-covered hand doesn't count."

"Play all the games you want, but until you deliver, you're nothing but an
impotent fool."

"Cumming in your pocket doesn't count towards ending the impotence."

Typical of David Weil's potty-mouthed behavior on RAO with which Bruce
Richman sees nothing wrong.

I note that youdon't list your posts that preceded this post.

*That's* deception personified.

dave weil

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:37:49 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

[...]

Yes, and actually a good portion of my archives is such things as live
performances on TV, cooking shows, music videos recorded off of places
like MTV, old episodes of things like the British version of Whose
Line Is It Anyway, SNL and Monty Python, and the like (some Inside the
Actor's Studios for instance). Some of these will *never* be
transcribed to digital because it would be a real waste of time and
space (like the cooking shows). Frankly, I'm pretty happy accessing
them on video tape and I figure I probably have until I'm about 65
before the oxide flakes off of the tapes.

Some of the more "important" stuff will eventually be transcribed. But
it's not stuff like the language classes and West Wing episodes that
I'm currently collecting (TWW is being released on DVD but the only
reason that I'm taping them now is that the later seasons won't be
available for several years yet). The language classes would only be
digitized to make room on the tapes for other things. and this is the
stuff that I had an immediate need for a VCR. If it were just the
language courses, I wouldn't need editing abilities. But I still
record certain programs and live performances and I need the editing
for that.

Arnold is just being his normal self.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my
mind. Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

While still incredibly lame, this is head and shoulders above your
usually excruciatingly childish posts, sockpuppet Yustabe.

Bruce certainly has the professional qualifications to evaluate your
mental state.

Not at all. He's failed an important requirement. He's never met me, or been
my therapist.

We don't have to read your mind.

In order to know what I think about things about which I've made no relevant
statements, a person would have to read my mind. In this case the
problematic claim is that I think that a given post is an "audio post".

You wear your hate on your sleeve.

What I wear on my sleeve is the knowledge that RAO is a very rowdy place,
and that the truth is not always operative here. I know that I am widely
hated, and I know a number of the reasons why. One of them is that RAO is
full of people such as yourself Morein, that have serious mental problems in
a very practical sense.

It is very uncharacteristic of a deeply religious person like
yourself to fall into this trap.

Again, you'd have to read my mind to know whether I'm deeply religious. In
fact I despise organized religions and am deeply suspicious of them.

I am not personally religious, but I
have observed that most people of faith have a well of strength, and
it projects as a positive aura.

That would relate to spirituality, not religion but I seriously doubt you
know the difference, Morein.

You shouldn't allow Usenet to live in
a separate mind space. Your antagonists do not deserve your love, but
you deserve the peace of mind that comes with giving love.

There's some truth in what you say, but your general statement presumes that
RAO is my entire life, which is most definitely is not.

And I can
see that you don't have peace of mind. You are an incessant
axe-grinder, and that comes from inner angst.

I've already pointed out the gross error in your thinking, Morien. If you
don't get it, think about it for a while.

Lest you think this advice is cynically given, I actually do wish you
well.

I believe that you wish yourself well Morien, but the facts of history show
that you have been incapable of doing well because of your mental problems.
That same problems apply to your pretentious and erroneous judgments of me.

My judgment of your technical deficiencies is entirely separate
from my judgment of you as a human being.

Given that you have made so many grotesque technical errors Morein, even
just recently, proves that you are incapable of judging any possible
technical deficiencies that I might have in audio.

Unfortunately, you seem to
be on the verge of letting negativity swallow you up.

Unlikely, given that I have a rather full and complete life outside of RAO.

All I can say
is, I've been there, and you need something to pull you back from the
brink. I don't think you'll find it in r.a.o.

I'm quite sure that anybody who would be so stupid as to significantly base
their life on what happens in RAO would be in very serious trouble. To me,
RAO is as real as roadrunner cartoons.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

What I wear on my sleeve is the knowledge that RAO is a very rowdy place,
and that the truth is not always operative here. I know that I am widely
hated, and I know a number of the reasons why. One of them is that RAO is
full of people such as yourself Morein, that have serious mental problems

in
a very practical sense.

Here we go.
Another good display of Arny'e Jesus complex.
It's such a heavy cross to bear.

Bruce J. Richman

Scott Wheeler wrote:

Arny is so twisted, he never offered any kind of
apology, merely the barest retraction that reserved for himself the right to
renew the accusation at any time.

I must have missed that. As far as I know, he never made any kind of
retraction.

I think it's a fair observation to note that while Krueger has a documented
history of libeling many different people on RAO, when exposed for his
loathsome lies, he has yet to ever offer a retraction for his blatant false
claims.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my mind.
Obviously, the man is delusional.

Compulsive liar Krueger is clearly demonstrating is insanity and inability to
tell the truth even when confronted with extremely clear, specific factual
evidence. The Google record clearly reflects this sociopath's routine posting
of quasi-audio posts filled with personal attacks, libel and character
defamations.

Note that it is filled
with invective, personal attacks, and character assassination.

Just taking the initiative. Based on past experience as I indicated in the
post, it's apparently impossible for David Weil to accept modern technology.

What compulsive liar Krueger terms "taking the initiative" is just another
pathological attempt on his part to justify his 7-year history of unprovoked
personal attacks upon any and all who disagree with his biased, self-serving,
twisted agenda devoted to the elimination of subjective opinion and individual
preferences. His rationalizations in which he tries to invoke various claims
of "self-defense" fool nobody.

And of course, the usual large helping of Krueger-generated lies is
thrown in for good measure.

Note that this is a claim with zero support.

Note that the Google record is filled with numerous examples of Krueger's lying
about others. It is pretty much a generally accepted fact among all regular
RAO readers that Krueger has lied and continues to lie continuously about
others. As this is written he is being sued for libel by just one of the many
people that he has smeared by making blatantly false statements about them.

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

"Pulling out a cum-covered hand doesn't count."

"Play all the games you want, but until you deliver, you're nothing but an
impotent fool."

"Cumming in your pocket doesn't count towards ending the impotence."

Typical of David Weil's potty-mouthed behavior on RAO with which Bruce
Richman sees nothing wrong.

This example of Krueger's is yet another example of how far he is willing to go
to try and generate unprovoked personal attacks against me. LOL!

Note that the post he partially quotes (with his usual selective editing and
out-of-context spin doctorring) was not one in which I was involved at all. It
was compulsive liar Krueger that decided to bring up my name just for the sake
of once again predictably going for a cheap shot. This, is, of course, quite
predictable behavior from this sociopathic freak that makes personal attacks,
libel, and character assassination part of his daily routine on RAO.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Robert Morein wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my
mind. Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

While still incredibly lame, this is head and shoulders above your usually
excruciatingly childish posts, sockpuppet Yustabe.

Bruce certainly has the professional qualifications to evaluate your mental
state.
We don't have to read your mind.
You wear your hate on your sleeve.

Agreed. Krueger's irrational behavior towards others, his hatreds, and his
blatant disregard for truthful information, are pretty obvious to all readers.
What is really quite telling is how many times a neutral poster - e.g. a newbie
- has ventured into the murky waters of RAO and quickly formed the same
conclusions about Krueger's obvious deficits.

[...]

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger's response to Dave Weil is just another routine example of
what he fraudently considers an "audio post".

Note that Bruce Richman hereby claims that he can reliably read my
mind. Obviously, the man is delusional.

Well, a delusional person 'would' be more apt at reading your mind.

While still incredibly lame, this is head and shoulders above your
usually excruciatingly childish posts, sockpuppet Yustabe.

Bruce certainly has the professional qualifications to evaluate your
mental state.

Not at all. He's failed an important requirement. He's never met me, or been
my therapist.

If we were to follow this line of global overgeneralization and fallacious
reasoning from Krueger, then it would, of course, be proper to dismiss
virtually everything he has ever said about others on RAO that he has never
met. Of course, one does not need a personal meeting with anybody to determine
that they are a compulsive liar, for example. Krueger's false claims about me
and many other people over the years on RAO are widely known and easily
exposed. His written record of lies, defamatory statements about others, and
unprovoked personal attacks is easily accessible via Google. Upon reading even
a small sampling of his posts, many have come to the same conclusions about
this despicable hatemonger. It is also worth noting that contrary to what
Krueger would try and claim, the scorn with which he is rightly treated has
little if anything to do with his "objectivist" views. Others have come here
and questioned various subjective opinions without generating the revulsion and
scorn routinely given Krueger. But then again, others know how to disagree
without engaging in ad hominem attacks; Krueger lacks this basic social skill.

We don't have to read your mind.

In order to know what I think about things about which I've made no relevant
statements, a person would have to read my mind. In this case the
problematic claim is that I think that a given post is an "audio post".

Actually, Krueger is lying when he claims that others are saying this. He
regularly attacks others for not making what he claims are "audio posts" -
which he fails to define, of course. He brags frequently about his relatively
"high" percentage of audio posts compared to others, whom, of course, he
disparages. His attempt now to play his usual type of word games re. "audio
posts" is just part of his typical strategy to avoid responsibility for his
latest insults.

You wear your hate on your sleeve.

What I wear on my sleeve is the knowledge that RAO is a very rowdy place,
and that the truth is not always operative here. I know that I am widely
hated, and I know a number of the reasons why. One of them is that RAO is
full of people such as yourself Morein, that have serious mental problems in
a very practical sense.

Note that compulsive liar Krueger, who I assume has never met Mr. Morein or
"been his therapist" - is now presuming to evaluate him psychologically.
Apparently, Krueger quickly "forgets and forgives" his criticism of others'
qualifications when he can so glibly make ridiculous quasi-psychological
comments about others. It may also be worth noting at this point that at least
2 licensed psychologists that have posted on RAO have independently posted on
several occasions the diagnostic criteria described for Paranoid Personality
Disorder as written in the A.P.A.'s Diagnostic & Statistical Manual, 4th
edition. A significant number of the symptoms listed there have been
frequently found in Krueger's RAO postings. For example, his frequent claim
that various RAO posters are engaged in a conspiracy to defame him - and use
sockpuppets to help carry this "plan" out. His accusations agains John
Atkinson also have a markedly paranoid flavor and often involve yet more
"sockpuppet conspiracy" claims. Interestingly and quite tellingly, Krueger has
been unable to provide any concrete evidence to support his paranoid
accusations. One could go on with further examples, but this is just one of
many illustrating why the majority of RAO observers that have ventured an
opinion on the subject have concluded that Krueger is seriously disturbed.

It is very uncharacteristic of a deeply religious person like
yourself to fall into this trap.

Again, you'd have to read my mind to know whether I'm deeply religious. In
fact I despise organized religions and am deeply suspicious of them.

How does this correlate with Krueger's self-described membership and regular
attendance in a Baptist church in his area? Of course, his being "deeply
suspicious" of them would dovetail nicely with his other areas of
suspiciousness, as demonstrated routinely on RAO.

[...]

Bruce J. Richman

Robert Morein wrote:

[...]

By coincidence, many people also collect various recordings on vinyl for much
the same reasons, at least in part. Numerous performances, in all musical
genres, are simply not available in a digital format.

In observing Krueger's obvious opposition to both older (vinyl, cassette, VCR)
and newer (SACD, DVD-A) technologies on RAO, one fact seems to jump out that
underlies them all. They can't be played and accurately heard on the CD-ROM
drive of a PC. I've long speculated that at least part of Krueger's
agenda-driven hatreds as displayed on RAO reflects his regret that others don't
share or support his computer-based lifestyle and alleged "business" by makiing
a PC CD-drive the primary source of their listening or viewing pleasure.

And of course, the usual large helping of Krueger-generated lies is
thrown in for good measure.

Note that this is a claim with zero support.

The support is in your indictment of Dave when he was simply asking for
help. Don't you see what you've become, Arny? You're a bitter old man -- as
well as a ***BAD SCIENTIST***.

Agreed. Also, Dave Weil is not the first poster that has asked a technical
question in good faith, only to be exposed to Krueger's twisted brand of
personal attacks in response. It's happened many times.

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

"Pulling out a cum-covered hand doesn't count."

"Play all the games you want, but until you deliver, you're nothing but an
impotent fool."

"Cumming in your pocket doesn't count towards ending the impotence."

Typical of David Weil's potty-mouthed behavior on RAO with which Bruce
Richman sees nothing wrong.

Arny, it would be best to respond, rather than initiate. You started it this
time. I would think that being sued would help you recognize that you have a
deficiency in judgment as far as usenet posts are concerned. Your posts have
made you many enemies, and few friends. You think you have a message or
mission, and you are entitled to that belief. But your strident, acid, ugly
assaults make you an ineffective messenger, and leave your legacy of
friendships is impoverished.

Unfortunately, he is in denial and prefers to repeat his lies when confronted
with valid observations about his behavior on RAO.

Bruce J. Richman

From: dave weil
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

[...]

Yeah, Dr. Bruce, nothing too much is surprising when it comes to Mr.
Krueger. Even when one makes a good faith effort to discuss things
without rancor, he has to take a preemptive strike.

Sad.

George M. Middius

dave weil said:

Yeah, Dr. Bruce, nothing too much is surprising when it comes to Mr.
Krueger. Even when one makes a good faith effort to discuss things
without rancor, he has to take a preemptive strike.

He has to do something with all that ****ing garbage on his ****ing
lawn.

Sad.

****in' A.

Bruce J. Richman

George M. Middius wrote:

dave weil said:

Yeah, Dr. Bruce, nothing too much is surprising when it comes to Mr.
Krueger. Even when one makes a good faith effort to discuss things
without rancor, he has to take a preemptive strike.

He has to do something with all that ****ing garbage on his ****ing
lawn.

Sad.

****in' A.

Not to mention the garbage contained in his daily thoughts - as exemplified in
his many uninvited personal attacks upon others posting on an audio newgroup*,

*Reference to audio.

..

Bruce J. Richman

dave weil

On 22 Nov 2003 19:33:32 GMT, VCRs still live! wrote:

I've has several JVC and on Mitsubishi that did this, and as far as I
know most SVHS decks still do this. Also, most SVHS decks that are
mid-priced and higher also have image processing that improves
playback of even standard VHS immensely.

Just look for an SVHS VCR with flying erase heads and you should get
what you are looking for.

Actually, none of them seem to have this feature any more.

I actually talked to one of the national JVC reps and he had never
heard of it (not flying erase heads of course, but the capability to
monitor the editing), but that doesn't mean anything. A question -
I've always known that flying erase heads means the ability to get
clean edit points without any noise, but does it also *automatically*
mean that the machine is a true editing deck, which implies to me the
ability to actually view the material being edited, i.e. that it
switches from the actual recording back to the source? JVC has a
feature that they call "insert editing", and this term is used by
Mitsubishi as well, but isn't the same thing that I was talking about.
JVC has no explanation of this feature in their on-line glossary.

I checked the 4 models of Mitsubishi and none of them offer the
feature, which Mitsubishi used to call "Edit Searching". and
Mitsubishi, which used to be the one of the "high end" VCR makers, no
longer seems to even offer flying erase heads.

Fortunately, I was able to be offered an old Mitsu HSU 59, which was
pretty close to the same model as mine, only a 1993 model instead of
1992. Mine had the advantage of having the shuttle ring and adjust
dial on the remote - these were transferred off of the remote and onto
the front panel of the 59, but of course I can use my current remote
instead of the dumbed-down 59 remote.

Thanks for the info and perhaps you could answer the question about
the flying erase heads as I'm curious at this point.
dave weil

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:02:49 -0600, dave weil
wrote:

Just look for an SVHS VCR with flying erase heads and you should get
what you are looking for.

Actually, none of them seem to have this feature any more.

PS, I didn't mean flying erase heads, since JVC clearly still offers
models with them. I meant the electronic-to-electronic editing,
although I'm still not sure about that.

I'm still interested in your answer about flying erase heads *always*
providing direct editing functions.
Joseph Oberlander

wrote:

Just look for an SVHS VCR with flying erase heads and you should get
what you are looking for.

Actually, none of them seem to have this feature any more.

PS, I didn't mean flying erase heads, since JVC clearly still offers
models with them. I meant the electronic-to-electronic editing,
although I'm still not sure about that.

Other than studio decks, probably not. They are going the way of
the cassette tape, unfortunately.

VCRs Still Live!

wrote:

Just look for an SVHS VCR with flying erase heads and you should get
what you are looking for.

Actually, none of them seem to have this feature any more.

PS, I didn't mean flying erase heads, since JVC clearly still offers
models with them. I meant the electronic-to-electronic editing,
although I'm still not sure about that.

I'm still interested in your answer about flying erase heads *always*
providing direct editing functions.

In my experience, every VCR I've found that has flying erase heads
also has the ability to edit the recording at a frame by frame level,
that is, once the recording is paused you can use the jog shuttle to
back up the reording to a desired point and then begin recording at
that point. You just pause the recording using the Pause button, then
once you moved the jog shuttle it switched to "view the recording"
mode and you moved the tape to the edit point and when you released
the jog shuttle it went back to record pause so you could continue
recording. I've used it many times to edit out commercials while
recording a program.

But I haven't done much investigaion lately, so newer models may have
flying erase heads but not the editing, but why would you have them if
not to do clean edits, and what use are clean edits if you can't
accuratly position the edit point?