Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] Chief_Billy@hotmail.com is offline

Default Toyo 6A Fuse...what voltage ?

The MAINS input fuse, a Toyo 6A blew on my amp. I assume the 6A is 6
AMPS, but at what voltage rating ? The amp is 120/240 VAC switchable.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
The MAINS input fuse, a Toyo 6A blew on my amp. I assume the 6A is 6
AMPS, but at what voltage rating ? The amp is 120/240 VAC switchable.

OK, what are your choices for an exact replacemnt?
(i.e. if it is an exact replacement, it will automatically
be the correct voltage.)

The principle is that you want a voltage rating that will
safely interrupt the expected voltage. If it is a mains
circuit, then the voltage must be at least equal or greater
than your mains voltage (which you didn'gt state).

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] Chief_Billy@hotmail.com is offline

On May 4, 12:16*am, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
wrote ...

The MAINS input fuse, a Toyo 6A blew on my amp. I assume the 6A is 6
AMPS, but at what voltage rating ? The amp is 120/240 VAC switchable.

OK, what are your choices for an exact replacemnt?
(i.e. if it is an exact replacement, it will automatically
be the correct voltage.)

The principle is that you want a voltage rating that will
safely interrupt the expected voltage. *If it is a mains
circuit, then the voltage must be at least equal or greater
than your mains voltage (which you didn'gt state).

MAINS input is 120VAC/60HZ... it's a standard AGC-type fuse, so
perhaps
a local store may have one, or even a 5A should work. I presume it is
a slo-blow
type..the glass has clouded such that I can't see the remainer of the
element.

To fuse or not to fuse Jonathan Car Audio 12 April 18th 07 09:57 AM
Fuse Mister.Lull Car Audio 2 May 17th 05 01:13 AM
Do I really need a fuse? notreal Car Audio 5 May 26th 04 09:02 PM
15 amp fuse with 20 w fuse for wire? Spockie Car Audio 18 May 18th 04 07:44 AM
100 amp fuse rokman Car Audio 2 July 6th 03 04:44 PM