Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
J.P. J.P. is offline

Default 6000A for sale

One of my contacts out here in tubeland has a R. Kenedy fresh
calibrated Hickok 6000A he wants to sell. In fact, is it still in
shipping back from Roger and only had a couple of very minor
adjustments made to get it back to perfect. I told him I would let a
few folks know. Below is a part of our email today that lays out the
deal. He wants a money order but would use Paypal if you pay the fee
or probably would take a business check if you don't mind waiting for
it to clear the bank.

I sure would appreciate your help finding a home for the 6000A. I'm really going to loose on this one.
I've got way more into it than I've ever seen a 6000A sell for, at least on eBay. $500 is top dollar for one of these.
This particular tester is nice. The case cosmetics are good, the faceplate cosmetics are excellent.
It's been a very reliable device. It needed just routine stuff for the servicing. And, of course, it'll be fresh from
a reputable servicing and fresh calibration. It's certainly plug and play. I'd be happy get to $525. I'd be happy get more,
of course, but I feel I and another party both would be doing well at $525. It's a fair price. Yeah, $525 shipped CONUS.
I thought I had a picture? Hmmm. Oh, well, DHL tracking says it should be here tomorrow.
I'll send you a picture when I get the tester.

Anyone interested let me know here with an email addy and I will email
you directly. I an not getting anything for this service and it is
located in Mass....J.P
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On May 3, 7:36 pm, J.P. wrote:
[...]

The 6000A is not a half-bad tester other than it is limited to the
"modern" type standard-based & compactron-type tubes and will not test
4/5/6 pin tubes without adaptors. It is smaller than the TOL Hickoks
(such as the 539-series), and it is not set up to do matching or with
variable bias.

As tube testers go, it is about the least one would expect from a GM-
type tester and as it is a GM, superior to an equivalent emissions-
only tester. But only just.

I will not comment on price. That is between the buyer and the seller
and their respective gods.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA