Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Analogeezer

Default Ebay Deadbeats - How much slack?

I think I've got my first Ebay deadbeat bidder (in over 40
transactions...I guess it was inevitable).

I'm not getting all freaked out about it, the auction was for some EV
Force 10" speakers....the guy used "Buy it Now" and bought the pair
within about four hours of the auction open.

Well it's been 12 days now and no payment (I said payment was due
within 10 days), and I've had one email in that time, a promise to pay
within two days about five days ago.

I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, he only had three
feedbacks, mostly for really cheap stuff. It's not a high dollar
auction (he owes me $166) so I'm not sure why he might be flaking.

My question is, sure I said "payment within 10 days" and it's been 12
now, but just how much slack is "reasonable" to cut somebody over
this?

I'd like to close the deal and not have to relist, but at the same
time I don't really want to string this along forever.

I do realize stuff happens (familly illness, dead computers, email
down, etc.) but one email in 12+ days seems a bit flaky.

I emailed the guy yesterday and gave him until mid-day Sunday...I was
wondering what kind of slack people here generally grant people.

Analogeezer