#1   Report Post  

Default Help a 200b Nashville flood victim...

Hey guys, I'm brand spanking new here, so be easy on me... I just bought a Soundcraft 200b that fell victim to the big Nashville flood off of ebay. The sellers says it was not submerged under water but feels that it was exposed to water being splashed up on it during the clean up. I just got the power supply (Rat Cage) and I opened it up and it seems to look ok with only signs of normal wear for a console this old. After spraying some contact cleaner around and reseating everything I plugged it in and turned it on. With no power light on it I couldn't tell if it was on or not??? The console will be here tomorrow.....

So first of all I need a link cable for this thing, any ideas where I can find one? And second, is there anything I should be looking for to restore this old girl having had water damage? The seller told me that it was never powered on after the flood because they lost the link cable, so it's been dried out without being powered on. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and have been inside many consoles fixing broken solder points and cleaning up pods, but have never dealt with anything having water damage. I could use all the help I can get. I only paid 50 bucks for it but after shipping and purchasing a flight case for shipping from the seller i'm into this thing for 336.00. I'd love to fix her up and keep it as a rehearsal/low key recording console. With all that happened in the flood it will make a great conversation piece at the least...

Thanx
JR