Posted to rec.audio.pro
dincz dincz is offline

Default AKG D190 mic repair

The XLR connector keeps popping out of the barrel of the mic when
removing a connector. I can't see how it's supposed to be held in. Can
anyone advise please?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
dincz dincz is offline

Correction - the heading should read "D190E"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

"dincz" wrote in message
The XLR connector keeps popping out of the barrel of the mic when
removing a connector. I can't see how it's supposed to be held in. Can
anyone advise please?

Its probably a press fit, but you could glue it back. I advise this if the
mike is less than $100 to $200. If it a very expensive unit, then send it
back to the manufacturer and have them fix it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Cyberserf[_2_] Cyberserf[_2_] is offline

On Nov 14, 5:03*am, dincz wrote:
The XLR connector keeps popping out of the barrel of the mic when
removing a connector. I can't see how it's supposed to be held in. Can
anyone advise please?

I'm not certain of your specific model but, there is typically a set
screw (in your case, it may just be a hole) in the body or sometimes
in the centre of the plug assembly itself which locks it in place.
Some mics require you to remove (unscrew) the "body" (tube) to uncover
it. Others have a twist click arrangements that requires no such
contrivances. Look for these and find a matching screw if yours is
missing. Frankly, I'd only use glue on the plug assembly as a last
resort...it tend to be hard to reverse such an operation making future
repairs that much harder.

HTH, CS

Bad CD Repair allows to copy files from bad CD or HDD. If your text or mp3 or any other type of file is corrupted then use Bad CD Repair to save it! Restore your data [email protected] General 0 January 31st 07 03:24 PM
Repair U67 The Alamo Pro Audio 1 May 4th 05 11:57 AM
amp repair?? henrid Car Audio 3 March 28th 04 09:44 AM
beogram 8000 turntable repair any shadetree repair techs out there? s [email protected] High End Audio 0 August 24th 03 08:32 PM
AKG mic repair... Gantt Mann Kushner Pro Audio 1 August 11th 03 06:59 PM