Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default CD burning & insert software

Hi folks:

I'm slowly recovering from a computer that went belly-up, and I'm trying to regain the functionality that I had. I used Nero Express for burning audio CDs, and for making jewel case inserts. It worked well enough.

But the version that I had came bundled with a particular CD burner which I can't use in the new computer. Since my audio work is done on an XP machine, I bought a copy of Nero Burn Express 3. It works, although not that well, but the damned thing doesn't include Nero Cover Designer on the program disc. And when I tried to download it from the net, it was loaded with some kind of malware that damaged my copies of Thunderbird and Firefox. Feh.

So can anyone recommend an integrated program which will burn audio CDs, using Disc-At-Once, and also make jewel box inserts reasonably painlesssly, and without malwsre? This is driving me nuts.

As I said, I'm on an XP machine. I also have a Vista machine, ans I suppose I could sneakernet the .wav files over to that, but it would be a major annoyance.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 6/10/2015 4:52 p.m., PStamler wrote:
[...]

Doesn't burn, but I use SureThing for CD disc and package design and
printing.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 6/10/2015 7:09 p.m., geoff wrote:
[...]

...... and I use CD Architect for mastering, sequencing, and burning.

Only 'problem is only does DX plugins (VSTs via a wrapper). However
SoundForge 10 came with DX versions of the stellar Izotope mastering
plugins. Can boost 3kHz until audible even on those cheapo Philips
headphones with the famous frequency notch.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"geoff" wrote in message

[...]

I'll second that recommendation.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"polymod" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

[...]

As in inkjet printing the CD label?

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 10/10/2015 8:39 a.m., Gary Eickmeier wrote:

As in inkjet printing the CD label?

Gary Eickmeier

Me inkjet printing Baravo printer onto CDs batches up to 100, and
colour-laser printer tray inserts and J-Cards.

geoff