Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harry Putnam Harry Putnam is offline

Default A little help with adaptors and naming.

I've been amazoning for a specific adaptor and found my puny skills to
be wanting in pretty short order.

So, two things:

1) I wonder if folks here may know of a better place than amazon to be
looking for some of the more uncommon kinds of adaptors.

2) The adaptor I need would do this: Transfer the stereo 1/8 out
(earphone) jack on PC, to two 1/4 Stereo TRS male plugs. The kind
used to power some kinds of speakers, where each carries the full
stereo... both left and right in each plug.

Not the other and more common adaptor that transfers the pc jack to
2 1/4 TR plugs, that carry only 1 left and 1 right in either plug.

Now, I realize that the adaptation could be done with more pieces
to it but had hoped to find a single piece of wire manufactured for
just the purpose described above.

Is there a proper name for the first described above that could be
used in these searches and draw better results?