Default Rogue Audio Cronus

I'm borrowing a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amplifier from the
dealer. Listening to the headphone out, with AKG K501 headphones. The
headphone "imaging" is amazing.. images spread smoothly, and widely,
between the ears, and vivid sense of ambience and space. A sense of
natural focus, a way of focusing on the instruments as sources of sound
in an ordinary space that is quite untypical for headphone listening.

Anyone know if Rogue is using a crossfeed circuit? The imaging is so
radically different than my Antique Sound Lab MG Head that I suspect
they are doing something funny... Although I like it.

Mike
Uptown Audio

Probably just a simple feed from the preamp output. Be sure to have
speakers connected even if you are not using them. Running a tubed
amplifier without speakers connected can destroy the amplifier. The
sound of these amps through loudspeakers is amazing as well.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

wrote in message
I'm borrowing a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amplifier from the
dealer. Listening to the headphone out, with AKG K501 headphones.
The
headphone "imaging" is amazing.. images spread smoothly, and widely,
between the ears, and vivid sense of ambience and space. A sense of
natural focus, a way of focusing on the instruments as sources of
sound
in an ordinary space that is quite untypical for headphone
listening.

Anyone know if Rogue is using a crossfeed circuit? The imaging is so
radically different than my Antique Sound Lab MG Head that I suspect
they are doing something funny... Although I like it.

Mike

Yes, I'm really enjoying teh speaker out and the headphone out.

Another question for those who might know:

My electical power has some glitches in it; for example, when my room
a/c turns on. Also apparently when my roommate does something or
possibly the neighbors. The wiring in my building is FUBAR.. in fact
pretty much the whole apt is on one breaker. Anyway, I've always lived
with little clicks in my audio whenever something happens to the power,
but the headphone out of the Cronus is really popping quite loud
whenever a power glitch happens. I don't know why the Cronus is more
sensitive to this.

So what are possible solutions? Surge protector? I doubt it; the
problem is a temporary drop in the voltage. How about an inexpensive
UPS? Will that sustain the power through glitches, or do those things
only switch on when the voltage drops for a longer period of time?

Mike